What U2 Should Have Done

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DPrinceNY

War Child
Instead of releasing windows in the sky as a "bonus" track on U218, they should have just released Mercy! Mercy is 100x better then wits and will probably not be released on any upcoming albums and shouldn't be a wasted as a track.

What a great opportunity to promote the track ... BLOWN. I guess will never see Mercy released to the main-stream

i do like Mercy better, but WITS makes a better single/hit

If you don't like Mercy, ask yourself one thing: how can a song that is bad geto so many threads? Mercy is one of their best ever.

Chizip said:

Wow I don't think so. Mercy is a more interesting track then WITS. Its not as simple with a 3 part chorus and sounds a lot more original. Besides the theme of "love" runs through both tracks, with Mercy conveying this theme with more strength.

Peterrrrr said:
If you don't like Mercy, ask yourself one thing: how can a song that is bad geto so many threads? Mercy is one of their best ever.

You do realise that the amount of threads on an Internet fan forum is by no means whatsoever even remotely a reliable gauge of the quality of a song, don't you?

people here seem to prefer when a song hardly has any merits going for it

mercy does fit that description

Chizip said:

agreed. I hope Mercy shows up on an album, but I don't think it would make a good single, and certainly not a good one-off.

DPrinceNY said:

Wow I don't think so. Mercy is a more interesting track then WITS. Its not as simple with a 3 part chorus and sounds a lot more original. Besides the theme of "love" runs through both tracks, with Mercy conveying this theme with more strength.

100% agreed.
However, WITS is a great single and Mercy wouldn't be.

Peterrrrr said:

OOTS had many threads written about it. :|

Mercy doesn't have the wits to be a single. Wits should have mercy on our ears with that "oh cant you see" line.

George Bush has had many threads written about him, thousands upon thousands more than OOTS and Mercy combined. Does that make him a good President?

Zootlesque said:
Mercy doesn't have the wits to be a single. Wits should have mercy on our ears with that "oh cant you see" line.

its a time like this when i wish i had never learned to read

Chizip said:

its a time like this when i wish i had never learned to read

:lmao:

Axver said:
George Bush has had many threads written about him, thousands upon thousands more than OOTS and Mercy combined. Does that make him a good President?

no

I think the logic is faulty to begin with. if refined to number of POSITIVE threads, then it could be somewhat applicable. but I really don't give a shit about how many threads are written about Mercy. I like it even if this is the millionth thread.

Clearly I missed those million other threads, and it's time to display my abysmal ignorance...

What's this song called Mercy? Never heard of it.... :confused:

Alisaura said:
Clearly I missed those million other threads, and it's time to display my abysmal ignorance...

What's this song called Mercy? Never heard of it.... :confused:

It's an over-hyped unreleased U2 song that was originally intended to be included on HTDAAB but was later cut. Bono called it "the best b-side you'll ever hear" (he has clearly forgotten Treasure, Bass Trap, Spanish Eyes, and Luminous Times!). It leaked onto the Internet when a member of Interference was given a CD containing the song. Despite some absurd statements on this forum, the CD was not given to the Interferencer by Bono!

I'm sure someone can upload it for you. I've no idea where my copy has gone.

Axver said:

over-hyped....Bono called it "the best b-side you'll ever hear" (he has clearly forgotten Treasure, Bass Trap, Spanish Eyes, and Luminous Times!).

Can you say BIASED? :wink:

Aygo said:

Wow, what a great comparison, Axver...:| :huh:

The point was to illustrate the absurdity of the "argument from quantity of threads".

Back
Top Bottom