What U2 Needs II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

namkcuR

ONE love, blood, life
I had wanted to respond to the other thread but by the time I got around to it the thread was closed. I'd complain about that but it wouldn't make any difference and life is too short. Anyway, what I wanted to say...

Zootlesque's post about how it's not about the music, it's about the attitude, is 100% right.

Look at the AB Videos video...between some of the videos, there is a clip of Edge talking about AB, and he says, 'I don't think our best work is behind us, I think it's ahead of us'.

And in the Popmart Mexico City video, when Bono is talking right before Still Haven't Found, he says things like 'Thanks for stickin' with us', 'we're restless', and 'but if it keeps us interested it's not gonna be bullshit for you'.

But now, in the promo blitz for ATYCLB in 2000 and HTDAAB last year, the band are making statements about each is/was 'the best record we've ever made'.

Look, I love all of U2's music, I even listened to ATYCLB last night and really enjoyed it, but...if one cannot see the FUNDEMENTAL change in attitude that's occured on the part of the band, I don't know what else to say.

But I can say this: You can't change who you are. You can change your public attitude and persona in front of the cameras, you can make decisions about the way you're going to make your music, but you can't change who you are. And U2 are the kind of band that hates to repeat themselves. Whether they show that in public right now or not, that's the kind of band they are. I would wager that when the band is behind closed doors, and there are no cameras or microphones to catch what they say, they are a little bored of the vein they've been in and maybe are starting to itch to go 'wandering' again. Like Bono said, they're 'restless' and I really doubt that's changed that much.

P.S. Please don't close this. I think I've been rather respectful in what I've said.

I think U2 are gonna keep doing like they always do, just like you said. I don't think it's a big deal that they are confident in their last two albums. They are two of the strongest albums of the 2000's. A little change in attitude is no big deal. Not while they are still making phenominal music.

Good post, namkcuR! I don't understand why the other thread was closed. After all, Palace_Hero & U2Girl had resolved their argument by then. :scratch:

I'm from Australia!

whofarted.jpg

StlElevation said:

you're far too nice

i recommend he shuts the fuck up with that bullshit.

You're probably right. I am not a practising Christian but even I found those "pictures" totally tasteless and unfunny.

namkcuR said:
And in the Popmart Mexico City video, when Bono is talking right before Still Haven't Found, he says things like 'Thanks for stickin' with us', 'we're restless', and 'but if it keeps us interested it's not gonna be bullshit for you'.

But now, in the promo blitz for ATYCLB in 2000 and HTDAAB last year, the band are making statements about each is/was 'the best record we've ever made'.

Look, I love all of U2's music, I even listened to ATYCLB last night and really enjoyed it, but...if one cannot see the FUNDEMENTAL change in attitude that's occured on the part of the band, I don't know what else to say.

But I can say this: You can't change who you are. You can change your public attitude and persona in front of the cameras, you can make decisions about the way you're going to make your music, but you can't change who you are. And U2 are the kind of band that hates to repeat themselves. Whether they show that in public right now or not, that's the kind of band they are. I would wager that when the band is behind closed doors, and there are no cameras or microphones to catch what they say, they are a little bored of the vein they've been in and maybe are starting to itch to go 'wandering' again. Like Bono said, they're 'restless' and I really doubt that's changed that much.

I'd agree with pretty much all of this.

yes, it is personal attack day when i see crap like that.

i was going to let it go after he said he'd take the pictures out after i edited my post which quoted the picture

and then the other idiot posted and i had to reply.

i'm catholic as well and i think it's terribly tasteless. it wouldn't matter which religion you were or i was, i'd find that offensive.

the first one even moreso than the second one.

StlElevation said:
yes, it is personal attack day when i see crap like that.

i was going to let it go after he said he'd take the pictures out after i edited my post which quoted the picture

and then the other idiot posted and i had to reply.

Sorry... I didn't mean you specifically. There's just been lots of fighting going on today on Interference... in Lemonade Stand & Bang And Clatter. Weird really. Finance Guy knows what I'm talking about. :wink:

haha, ok. if you can't see whats so offensive about it then i'll just leave you to your stupidity. i'm done with this thread, carry on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom