What U2 Needs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Palace_Hero said:
Can I quote my first post in the topic again?

It is amazingly even more relevant after that fuck up by U2girl! :D

Keep babbling, and don't think the mods don't know of this.

Angela I appreciate your comments. I was obviously being a 'smartarse' with the whole Aussie education, I do understand the deal with English as a first language. Regardless, you make good points.

I don't feel my posts are personal attacks. While I agree with him, Dalton's comments about U2girl in another thread were far more blatant in bad mouthing her. I am just expressing an opinion, a formed opinion. I apologised and accepted responsibility for some wayward comments about pax last week, but feel justified in calling U2girl ignorant. She is ignorant to alot of differing opinions to her own and very matter of fact in her statements. Again I had a pop at Axver a while back but understand it is moreso his personality and he has alot of capacity to take other views on board. I've never seen this in U2girl's posts.

Just like I would condemn someone who is overly blind on subjects from another era of U2's work, I do so with U2girl's defence to the hilt of ATYCLB and HTDAAB. She insults fans, perhaps not so outwardly as others, but in a more cowardly implication. For example I feel deeply hurt by her ideal that Bono thinks 'fuck you' to all his fans who mightn't like more recent music. Whilst for one I don't think this is true as U2 have been more adventurous than they currently are in the past, but I take the offense in the fact that she thinks so lowly of Bono's opinion of his fans, and in turn what seems like her opinion of fans who dislike music she likes.

U2girl belittles and in my view is ignorant. If this is down to language difficulties than I am willing to take that on board and give her a chance. I don't say that for anyone else's benefit but mine, as I'm sure not many care if I like her or not. But after many months of feeling marginalised by her attitude, I felt the need to speak up.

And Angela as I respect you I hope you don't think I'm just a smartarse. I love this forum and U2 and like to contribute more than the odd crack. Although the line I toe between fun and being serious is a thin one that can be misunderstood by people who don't know me.

U2girl regarding your last post - I have nothing to fear, please don't try to intimidate me. I welcome a mod to read my views and give an unbiased assessment.

Palace_Hero, let me put it you in language you may understand.

You're a right royal pain in the arse, now go and listen to some Boyzone.:madspit:

Do do do do, treading the line now, do do do, don't get this closed, do do do dum de do, just letting you guys know, bum de do da da do de....*walks off humming*

financeguy said:
Palace_Hero, let me put it you in language you may understand.

You're a right royal pain in the arse, now go and listen to some Boyzone.:madspit:

That's it!! You cant get a bigger insult than that can you!?!!:ohmy:

Let's just let some calm descend upon this thread shall we buddies?:wink:

Aardvark747 said:

wub.gif

Anyone remember that quote from Goodfellas? The thing that the guy in the bar says to the Joe Pesci character?:wink:

Something about a shoe shine box I believe......:wink:

Last edited:
Ignorant is not a name.

I understand I am being a pedantic asshole. Sorry. However when I actually was in the wrong and apologised to pax, someone more 'important' in the heirachy than U2girl, I got no response, despite being completely sincere and explaining my actions.

I'm hardly being encouraged by you lot.

Last edited:
KhanadaRhodes said:
palace hero, you've got to stop with these personal attacks. name calling and such is against interference policy.

Than it's good there was NO personal attacks from him... that against the policy would be...:slant:

bathiu said:

Than it's good there was NO personal attacks from him... that against the policy would be...:slant:

Appreciate the input bathiu. Though I have in the past made stupid comments to Axver which we reconciled, and a misinformed comment to pax which I have seeked to reconcile. Both were out of order so I can see where mods come from with me.

However I believe I've done nothing wrong in this instance.

okay fine let's review some posts in here then.
Palace_Hero said:
You are the most ignorant person I have come across here at interference, I say that from 9 months of noticing your asinine comments.

Good day!
in this post you call her ignorant and her posts asinine.

Palace_Hero said:
Can I quote my first post in the topic again?

It is amazingly even more relevant after that fuck up by U2girl! :D
and in this one you're referring to the above post.

Palace_Hero said:
Angela, I am not intending to badmouth U2girl. I just want to praise everyone else at Interference!

I love you all, and instead of saying you are all grand, it is just easier to say U2girl is the worst of a great bunch. Sorry if it came across differently.
awww and in this one you're saying how she's the worst member here. i can just FEEL the love!

Quote one - Ignorant and asinine are my opinions of her and her posting. I'm not calling her names nor 'attacking' her. Like I say I have given reasons for my belief, it has foundation.

Quote two - She did fuck up. Perhaps the language makes it seem more harsh but essentially that was a jokey comment. In this case I'm not too bothered by U2girl's behaviour because I understand it was a simple grammatical error. However the meaning behind it was an attack on people who have problems with more recent U2 music.

Quote three - That was entirely sarcasm, as I noted by my following 'sarcasm aside' comment. However your selective quoting doesn't tell the whole story.

U2girl is making a mountain out of a molehill here. Most people have had good comments on my actions here, Angela Harlem in particular was a help. But this bitter banter about my opinion is unnecessary. I've voiced it, I want to move on.

Like I say my remorse over previous behaviour towards pax was never acknowledged and I've not made a big deal out of it. You're all lucky I'm mature enough not to spam this place. That isn't a threat, I like this place and the people here too much. But lesser people would react far more aggressively, considering I've not had equal treatment. There is a culture of superiority here.

The journey of equality, moves on (in circles of 5000 posts and more).

Last edited:
Palace_Hero said:
Like I say my remorse over previous behaviour towards pax was never acknowledged and I've not made a big deal out of it. You're all lucky I'm mature enough not to spam this place. That isn't a threat, I like this place and the people here too much. But lesser people would react far more aggressively, considering I've not had equal treatment. There is a culture of superiority here.
wtf? that is ludicrous. i am not sure what you consider to be equal treatment. i don't even remember what went on between you and pax just to let you know that's not been colouring my comments towards you at all. the only thing we expect out of anyone here is for you to follow the rules.

but yes, let's move on please.

Ok this will be the last I speak on the topic, what I mean about my treatment is that I was informed if I had an issue to email an admin or mod and I would be dealt with. I emailed pax with a full apology and for a week now have heard nothing. Like I say I am not making judgements I just wanted to sort it all out and prove my worth to the good members here. I am not being allowed that chance.

Also havent made 771 posts of shit/attacks, and I don't want this small issue to be focussed on. I am more than that.

Thanks Khanada

U2girl said:

Specifically the overly obsessed 90's fans that went nuts when ATYCLB out and keep moaning with HTDAAB. The type of fans that seems to only like a band as long as they make the kind of music they like.

For the last fucking time... it's not about the music! It's about the attitude! It's about not pandering to the masses and things like album sales and chart positions. It's about being a rebel rock band, not a safe pop group that most people like to sing along to.

:rant:

Zootlesque said:

For the last fucking time... it's not about the music! It's about the attitude! It's about not pandering to the masses and things like album sales and chart positions. It's about being a rebel rock band, not a safe pop group that most people like to sing along to.

And this is what I wanted to say when I started this thread. Thank you.

Zootlesque said:

Bingo, exactly what I was talking about. Their music and what they're doing now doesn't fit your idea about the band so it's lynch time for U2 as far as you're concerned.

Last edited:
As far as Palace_Hero is concerned, if he starts freaking out over my opinions again (none of which were directed at other people, nor do I feel lowly of Bono) and attacking me, I guess I will have to do the same.

In general, I feel those who like the last two albums get attacked more by far than anyone else.

Last edited:
U2girl said:
In general, I feel those who like the last two albums get attacked more by far than anyone else.

Stop using "last two albums"!
HTDAAB is a masterpiece.
ATYCLB is shit.

They are totaly diferent and rants/bashing/etc around them is also diferent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom