what U2 lyric would you shout out for everyone to hear?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

one way out

The Fly
Lets say you are in a field, in a city, an abandoned warehouse, whatever....at that moment even if someone was around, what lyric would you want to just stand there and shout at the top of your lungs??

Mine would be "I'M WIDE AWAKKKKKKEEEE!"

god that felt good :)

It would probably be...

I want to run! I want to hide! I wanna tear down the walls that hold me inside!!! :drool:

I know it's nothing unique, but I'm gonna have to say "IN THE NAAAAAAAAAME OF LOVE!"

It just sounds so awesome and makes me happy :wink:

EDIT: Ooooh, I forgot to mention that one, Zootlesque :drool:

Last edited:
Shadows and tall trees. . .
Shadows and tall trees. . .
SHADOWS AND TAAAAAAAALLLLLLL TREES!!!
Shadows and tall trees . . .

i was singing this in my car with the windows down one day when i was picking my mother up from work -- i was probably 200 feet away from her, taking a left turn from a busy street, and when she gets into the car she's like 'i heard you from all the way down here!' :laugh:

when it's cold outside I absolutely love belting out "IT'S COLD OUTSIDE, BUT BRIGHTLY LIT, SKIP THE SUBWAY, LET'S GO TO THE OVERGROUND!!!! GET YOUR HEAD OUT OF THE MUD BABY!!!!"

my friends even got used to it.

You can dream, so dream out loud!

Or...the "WAKE UP!" from the Dirty Day Junk Day mix.

My friends have often heard the line "Midnight is where the day begins" as part of a never really convincing argument to stay out and play.

how about

MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOFO

Earnie Shavers said:
My friends have often heard the line "Midnight is where the day begins" as part of a never really convincing argument to stay out and play.
I wrote "Midnight is where the day begins" on one of my Maths exams last week.
It was a question asking what time it was at a certain point on a graph, and the graph started at 12 midnight, so it seemed like a good idea to write that the day did indeed begin at midnight.
Maybe the person who marks it will be a U2 fan and give me bonus marks. :hmm:
Or maybe they'll just think I'm some dickhead who spent valuable maths time writing random, obvious (yet poetic ) statements. :reject:

Back on topic.....
"LLLEEEEEEMMMMMAAAWWWWWWNNNNNN!!!!" is a great one.

As is "Uncertainty could BE a guiding light!"

And "Love hears me when I lie! Love puts the blue back in my eye!"

definitely IM NOT COMIN DOWN! IM NOT COMIN DOWN!!!
get outta town guys thats definitely the best hands down.:bow:

WARNING: GIRLS DONT READ: BOYS ONLY

Oh and i would also like to say with great enthusiasm and gusto that B I G G I R L S A R E T H E B E S T!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

anyone who likes little ones, I want you to do this for me. Imagine jumpin the sack with your little stick bugs then experience in your mind gettin in your BIG OL BED W/ A BIG OL GIRL!!!!!!!!:drool: :drool:

number one i do what ever the edge tells me to
and number two... well you know the rest.:sexywink: :up:

I BOOM CHA all the time..as well as Lemon and Wake Up:drool:

Oh ya BOOM CHA is a great one. I remember after the 4th Toronto show was over on Vertigo when they premiered it on the tour. I was so excited they played Discotheque, that when I came out of the show walking and saw all the fans on the street waiting for the band to come out I was yelling out with them BOOM CHA!! and they all turned around and smiled. I did that right up to Monday morning to my friend on the train who also went to that show.

I am surprised no one has said "How long to sing this song??"

"THE AIR IS HEAVY! HEAVY AS A TRUCK!" :wink:

No I'd probably just yell out "How lonnggggg, to sing this sonnnggggg!" And hope it goes on forever and ever! :D

Back
Top Bottom