What U2 Book would you suggest buying ?

• Thread starter dangerous&Honest
  • Start date
The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
D

dangerous&Honest

My wife would like one of the U2 books for Christmas but isn't sure which one. Which one do you think is the best at this time. She is by no means new to U2, has every album and some bootlegs, just isn't sure on which book to get. And since she will be reading this post shortly, Hi honey, now you know one thing you will be getting for Christmas. *kiss* Love ya baby!

U2 at the End of the World, but Bill Flanagan. I'm in the middle of it now, it's a terrific book.

Flanagan's "End of the World"

------------------
Salome
Shake it, shake it, shake it

Flanagan's book is the A+, #1, best U2 book on the market. Buy it first, then look at the other ones.
smile.gif

Definitely Bill Flanagan's End of the World would be my first choice. Others- Outside is America by Carter Alan, and A Grand Madness- Ten years on the Road With U2 by Dianne Ebertt Beeaff. I just got a new one called Walk On by Steve Stockman, Have not had the time to start reading it. I been so busy getting ready for the Holidays.

Just to be different, I'll recommend U2 At The End of the World by Bill Flanagan.

Whoops, maybe that wasn't so different.. but uhh. yeah.

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by martha:
Yup.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Originally posted by U2LA:
another yup on U2 AT the ENd of the World. I got it for Christmas last year...

Add me to the "yup" list.

------------------
The core of the show is much more.. like.. you know, going to confession... It's church.

Well, here's another option, albeit a different type of book: "Into the Heart." I love that book -- it has detailed explnations & histories of U2 songs -- Boy through Pop, including quite a few B-Sides. I think it's an excellent read -- do others agree?

I like "Into the Heart" but I love "At the end of the World" and by the way..."Intot the Heart" has been updated to include ATYCLB.

Fishy <><

------------------
"People look at someone like me and think he wants the world to love him. But he probably just wants one person to love him." -Bono, referring to a song he recently wrote for his dad...

Ask and you shall receive LOL, Thanks everyone!!

Back
Top Bottom