What U2 Album are you all about..(or is all about you) since the tour??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dawn

Babyface
I ask this, because after 30 shows, the last being Miami, withdrawal from this tour has hit me very hard. And, the day I came home from the tour, I was immediately hit with news that threw my personal life into a tailspin..and the two events together were almost too much for me to handle.....

So, as usual, I find comfort, answers, whatever I need in U2. BUT, I couldn't listen to ATYCLB because it was just too close and made me sad. I reached for something one night last week, and it was Pop.

Yes, Pop, that album we always argue about and try to convince ourselves we like, or explain why we don't, or admit, finally, we always loved it after all.

This album is saving me right now. I'm hearing things I've never heard in the music, and the lyrics have a completely different meaning than they ever did. I'm a different person than I was 30 shows ago, and how I react to this album reflects that. As with every album phase I go through, I listen to it to death, once, twice three times a day for weeks, maybe months, before it runs it's course and helps me through or helps me find an answer.

Pop is doing all that for me right now. I'm all about it, and it's definitely all about me, it's totally where I'm at. Especially Gone, Last Night On Earth and Wake Up Dead Man. Things are not that great, but U2 make it bareable, even better...even great through all the bad right now.

So, what's doing it for you now..after the tour, especially, I KNOW there are alot of people out there missing the shows..what's getting you through..

OR, what are you listening to just because you love it right now...

love and lemons
dawn

------------------
..I can't wait any longer, I can't wait till I'm stronger, I can't wait any longer to see what you see...when I look at the world...

You went to 30 shows????
eek.gif

Wow, the should make you an honorary member or something.

Hey Dawn! I doubt you remember me after all the shows you've been to, but we were in the GA line together at Boston 4 and stood in front of Edge at the show.
smile.gif

Glad to hear you got to go to so many shows. POP has been doing a lot for me lately as well. It's a great album, and full of layers that only become apparent after repeat listenings.

Nice to have you back...

-sula

------------------
~I want to play the guitar very badly, and I do play the guitar very badly - Bono~

Take a virtual tour of U2's Dublin... Crzy4Bono's U2 page with some of Sula's Dublin pic's

Sula's Europe Pics

Achtung Baby has really kept me on my feet these past days when Elevation Tour withdrawl has really hit me.

------------------
One love, one life...
Give peace a chance!
Don't let the bastards grind you down!

Bono: I don't walk, I swagger! I sashayed once, but just once. It wasn't for me.

Achtung Baby always is and will always be the definitive album for my heart and soul.
Pity the foo who doesn't like the album who gets to know me!
wink.gif

------------------
No alarms and no surprises, please.

i really like the monster truck mix of 'sats' these days. and the pop era is becoming more listenable to me as each remix comes out.

------------------
boofoobudoobie

Throughout the last leg of the tour I was telling everyone that AB would probably become my saving grace again after the tour. It's my favorite album and the one that has meant the most to me over the years. I put it in the morning after Miami, and something was missing, which led me back to Pop.

But I love that so many people love AB, It's the same for me, really, I feel sorry for anyone who doesn't love that album, I'll go on and on until they listen to it.

Sula, I remember you! We both had our signs....and spent waaaaaaaay too much money on that trip, but it was so worth it. Did you see me in the MTV video special with my sign?? You were probably standing right in front of me.

love and lemons!
dawn

I've actually been listening to Pop the most since the end of the tour.....and have really grown to appreciate it a lot more too.

I have always found myself in Achtung Baby. I still listen to it from start to finish when possible. It's not exactly a "feel good" album but it is comforting and it inspires me.

------------------
~*Honey*~

The doors you open
I just can't close...

If you dream,
Dream out loud

Dawn, to answer your question sincerely I have listened to Pop a lot lately as well, but I have another reason. I have loved all the songs on ATYCLB from the first time I listened to them, but I must admit, after all this north american/european tour, I?m feeling kinda blue because they didn?t come to this side of the world. I know there are rumours that they might come next year, or the next, or the next...but until now the only tour they brought to us was Popmart. And I loved it. So in fact I have been listening to Pop and also some Popmart boots I have, like Buenos Aires 2, S?o Paulo 3 and Sarajevo. Somehow I feel more connected with the songs from Pop, especially Mofo, Last Night on Earth, Gone, Please and If You Wear That Velvet Dress.

------------------
"To me a rock and roll concert is 3-D, it?s a physical thing - it?s rhythm for the body. It?s a mental thing in that it should be intellectually challenging. But it?s also a spiritual thing, because it?s a community, it?s people agreeing on something, even if it?s only for an hour and a half." (Bono, as quoted in the book U2 The Road to Pop)

[This message has been edited by follower (edited 12-13-2001).]

I think for as long as I'm alive, the album that will always define me will be Achtung Baby. Back in November of 1991 when it came out, I was freshly 19 years of age. A friend of mine was a huge U2 fan and I was a budding U2 fan. When he played me this album, I was a fan for life. From beginning to end, AB kicked fuckin ass! It did help that we were listening to it while we were stoned and playing Sonic on Sega Genesis. Haha! Anyway, I soon met this beautiful girl whom I fell in love with at first sight. Trouble was, she didn't feel the same way. I was just a "friend" to her. We dated a few times, but I just wasn't worthy of being her boyfriend. We were close friends for a while so I did enjoy being her friend, but I was still doing my best to get the fuck out of the "friend zone". All during this time(91/92), the songs from AB were all over the place. The disc was constantly playing in my CD player as well as in my head. AB is an album that wears its heart on its sleeve and that's pretty much me in a nutshell. That was my big fuckin problem. It was a very confusing time for me, but AB helped get me through it. My favorite track on AB is Ultraviolet. Oh yeah, to end the story, I never got the girl, but I spent about 3 1/2 years trying. During that period though, we were close friends and that did make me better as a person. Haha!

------------------
The goal is ELEVATION!

Wow. I've been on a Pop trip this week as well.

I've also been listening to the second CD of Zoo Europa A LOT.

The album that I most identify with, though it is not even close to being my favorite album of theirs, is Boy. They were close to my age that I am now when they made that album, and a lot of those songs deal with going from being a kid to being an adult, but being stuck in the middle, and how aggrivating it can be.

B-Sides!! I've been stuck on it for weeks!!!

------------------
God has got his phone off the hook, babe...Would he even pick up if he could?

Back
Top Bottom