What to suggest

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AttnKleinkind

The Fly
I don't know if this is posted in the right place, but feel free to move accordingly.

I'm giving this guy that I just sort of started seeing a sample of U2, and I was wondering if anyone could give some suggestions of what would be good to start off with considering his music tastes? All the bands he likes seem kind of obscure to me, but this is what they are...

the snake the cross the crown, thrice, as tall as lions, underoath, copeland, mutemath, muse, lakes, the dear hunter, pat metheny, dragonforce, mew, nickel creek

he also says he likes music that's just generally honest, that doesn't seem contrived. And I want to give a really good impression of u2, so any suggestions of what to start him out on would be much appreciated!!

Don't expect suggest...

I'd go with AB, Zooropa is a great album, but has too many "weird" songs and wouldn't be indicitive of U2 without context. Songs like 'Numb', 'Babyface', 'SomeDays', and even 'Wanderer', I think would turn off someone with his paticular tastes.

AttnKleinkind said:
he also says he likes music that's just generally honest, that doesn't seem contrived.

This makes me want to suggest songs off of JT, AB and possibly ATYCLB... I would also say leave off the tried and true singles unless he says he likes them since he's probably already heard them to death anyhow...

Trinity3000 said:
I have never heard of any of those bands. Are you sure he's not just making those names up? :wink:

Mew are utterly fantastic, their last 2 albums have been unbelievable!

I personally find that Achtung Baby plays a lot better to the "average" fan than The Joshua Tree - especially if they are younger.

Maybe AB was "weird" at the time, but I think that TJT is stranger to today's youth than AB is.

My choices:
AB, then a best-of you compile based on his tastes from all albums.

Back
Top Bottom