What songs would you like U2 to resurrect for the next tour?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

salty72

The Fly
I would like to see them bring back God Pt.II, Dirty Day, One Tree Hill, Running To Stand Still, Spanish Eyes, and Two Hearts Beat As One.

Good thread!

I would like to see:
Running To Stand Still
Red Hill Mining Town (it could happen! ;) )
Drowning Man (it could happen! ;) )
So Cruel
Wire
If God Will Send His Angels

:der: Hmmm.....God Part II..............................Another Time Anothr Place :evil: want to hear it live

I got a long list ya know

Zooropa , Numb , Dirty Day , Holy Joe , HMTMKMKM ,
Discotheque / If U Wear That Velvet Dress /With Or Without You
thingy
Last Night On Earth , Miami , Do U Feel Loved
God Part II , Wire , Van Diemens land , Silver And Gold
UF , Mothers Of Dissappeared ,

Ultraviolet (Light My Way)

The end of Streets like PopMart tour "There, there will be, there will be no more pain, etc."

I'd also like to hear If God Will Send His Angels live

salty72 said:
Ooooh ... I forgot about Seconds! That one would be a good one to!

It's such a great song and has such a fun attitude to it. I would be happy for to have U2 play any of those great New Wave-esque dance tracks from War again like Surrender, Refugee, Seconds, Two Hearts Beat As One, or even to do a b-side like Party Girl, just really want Bono to break out the old dance moves!

:dance: :dance: :dance:

Acrobat live for the first time!!! or love is blindness if they play it like the did on ZOOTV, also hold me, thrill me...... Oh and It think they played I still haven't found...... on the last leg of the Elevation Tour, so there wouldn't be a need to resurrect that one.

Ultraviolet - listening to a live version now. Profoundly affectatious. I don't really understand that people see this song as mediocre, it just gets inside me and gnaws at me in this ripping way that few songs are capable of.

Running To Stand Still - Need I say more? This song is one of the most beautiful U2 have ever written. Emotion, power, and beauty. Wow.

One Tree Hill - Fabulous song that sounds even more fabulous live, and a great energy.

Please - Like on Popmart leading into Streets. One of U2's best performances. Sooooo good. You don't understand how good this is.

So Cruel - One of my favourite songs on Achtung Baby, a distant, mellower cousin of Ultraviolet... similar energy. Would be very interested to see what U2 would do with this in a full band situation.

Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me - fabulous live song, especially with the sirens. Deserves more than one tour to show it off.

Love is Blindness - just fabulous. The live version catapults this song into the stratosphere. Intense in a very effective, understated twisting sort of way.

40 - beautiful way to end a concert. At the very least fans should be required to pick up a 40 chorus after a show. Never experienced an end of a show like this, but the stories I've heard make it seem magical.

Last edited:
I said this one for the last tour also.

1. Electric Co (re tooled with some new effect on Edge's guitar)
2. God Part II

A lot of great suggestions!!! Ultra Violet and Electric Co(I like the idea of some new effect on Edge's guitar, Blue Room!) are two more I've forgotten about. I saw the Zoo TV Outside Broadcast in Ames, IA and Denver and U2 didn't play Ultra Violet either night! That was one of the songs I was really looking foward to seeing them play. I would love to see U2 open a show with these songs being the first four they play: Elevation
I Threw A Brick
A Day Without Me
Do You Feel Loved

Playboy Mansion
Babyface
Tryin' To Throw Your Arms Around The World
Trip Through Your Wires
Gloria
One Tree Hill
Running To Stand Still

There is actually a website where you can vote on which songs you want them to play on the next tour. www.u2requests.com.
You vote for 5 songs. I voted for Acrobat, Seconds, Gloria, Exit, and 11:00 tick tock.

I think a segue between "Electrical Storm" and "The Electric Co." would be pretty cool. It'd be nice if they threw in anything from before War (Boy, October, "A Celebration"), since the only song from that period that's overplayed is "I Will Follow."

I just hope they have fun with the setlists and throw in some old songs and B-sides and such. I like "Spanish Eyes" live because Bono doesn't really know how it goes together and kind of improvises.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom