What Songs Were Ahead of Their Time?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
BonoVoxSupastar said:

Yes it's influential, but I don't really think it's all that ahead of it's time, I can hear some Beatles and a lot of the music that was at the verge of metal and progressive music that was happening at the time, i.e. Black Sabbath, etc...

Would you stop!?! Did my eyes deceive me or did you really just compare 21st Century Schizoid Man with THE BEATLES???!!!???

LastEdgeOnEarth said:

Would you stop!?! Did my eyes deceive me or did you really just compare 21st Century Schizoid Man with THE BEATLES???!!!???

Even King Crimson said they were heavily influenced by Sgt Pepper's...

Hell they use to cover Lucy in Sky...

Sorry you can't hear it.:huh:

Salome said:
I think U2's influence on live perfomances nowadays has been huge thanks to ZOO TV

I don't think any of their songs has been immensely influential

The question was which songs were ahead of their time. That may correlate with being influential, but it doesn't automatically imply that.

Hence I think Gone is a song which was released at the "wrong" time - see what Kasabian and Bloc Party were doing around 2005 and Gone would have fitted in much better.

Most of U2 stuff is ahead of its time..... in particular 80's stuff + 90's. ATYCLB and HTDAAB are not thought.

The most advanced album I know is Smell like teen spirit by Nirvana. Think that this album is 17 years old!!!! They were 25 years ahead of everything!

WOWY is the best example concerning U2..... 21 years old and it could go out now, it would be a master hit!

Back
Top Bottom