What songs snippets would you want U2 to cover live?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Yoyodyne

Babyface
Bono has a grand voice and I love when U2 adds popular snippets to their live songs, just to hear their interpretation (which is usually much better than the original). Here's my wish list for the next concert: What's yours?

Beautiful Day: (Broadway/ Goo Goo Dolls)
end of song "...Daaaaaaaaaay. Say you'd love to run home but you know you ain't got one, cause you're living in a world that's best forgotten, It was a Beautiful Day...."

Staring at the Sun: (Like a Virgin/ Madonna)
very beginning of song:
"I made it through the wilderness,Somehow I made it through,Didn't know how lost I was,Until I found you
I was beat incomplete,I'd been had, I was sad and blue,
But you made me feel,Yeah, you made me feel Shiny and new...

I'm not the only one, staring at the sun..."

One: (Your Song/ Elton John)
very end end of song:
Knocking at my door, oo-oo-oo-oooooo-oo. And you can tell everyone, that this is your song. I know it's quite simple but, now that's it's done, I hope you don't mind, I hope you don't mind, that I put down in words, how wonderful life is with you in the world.

Trying to throw your arms: (Inner Smile/ Texas)
middle of song:
"...like a man need a bicycle, your trying to throw your arms around the world. Gonna run to you, run to you, run to you, woman be still, gonna run to you, run to you, run to you, woman be still. So if I lose my patience, you must try to understand. And If I lose my patience, oh yeah. You make me feel wild. You touch my inner smile. Cause I'm trying to throw my arms around the world" This would really showcase Bono's voice, IMO!!

(In your Eyes/ Peter Gabriel)
middle of song:
"...give it away. She's living like it's the last night on Earth... (guitar interlude) .Love, I don't like to see so much pain. So much wasted, and this moment keeps slipping away, slip sliding, it's like we're slipping away...She's living, living next week now"

I can hear it in my mind now, but It probably sounds bad on paper, lol

Yoyodyne said:

(In your Eyes/ Peter Gabriel)
middle of song:
"...give it away. She's living like it's the last night on Earth... (guitar interlude) .Love, I don't like to see so much pain. So much wasted, and this moment keeps slipping away, slip sliding, it's like we're slipping away...She's living, living next week now"
That would be super cool. :yes:

In the bootleg I have from their Elevation Pittsburgh show, Bono sings a few lines from "Sexual Healing" in the middle of Mysterious Ways. I think this should be included in every performance of Mysterious Ways!!!!! "When I get that feeling... I need sexual healing..."

I like when he throws in Beatles stuff. I think "All You Need is Love" would sound cool in the middle of a song like Pride. Or, for Stones fans, he should use "Ruby Tuesday" more. I like how he sings it at the end of Bad when they played Live Aid, but I think it would generally sound better in a song like Stay.

I'd like to see U2 do snippets of Avril Lavigne's Sk8er Boi during the outro of Bad.

U2 hardly do covers or snippets of female artists. They did cover Everlasting Love which was originally sung by a girl and I think U2 did a good job. Surely they'll do a good interpretation of Sk8er Boi during the outro to Bad.

Cheers,

J

:lol:

Oh, J. Just when I almost start to take you seriously you do something like this. Well done!:up:

Hey, how about a little bit of Jewel's "Intuition" thrown into "Mysterious Ways?" :laugh:

matchbox twenty's 4:20 pm would totally rock in between verses of stuck in a moment! i love both those songs so much, it would be like theyre having sex together! sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeet.

also, bon jovi's entire bounce album should be played in some form or another, while mixing in some nickelback and default. an encore including creed wouldnt be that bad either.

Last edited:
How about a little "Alive" (Pearl Jam) in the Bad outro? (right after the Avril Lavigne of course)

Maybe a little 'Electric Avenue' (Eddy Grant) during 'Electrical Storm'.

Okay, I was serious about the Pearl Jam though...

One Tree Still said:
How about a little "Alive" (Pearl Jam) in the Bad outro? (right after the Avril Lavigne of course)

Maybe a little 'Electric Avenue' (Eddy Grant) during 'Electrical Storm'.

Okay, I was serious about the Pearl Jam though...

I still would prefer Giorgio Moroder and Phillip Oakley's (a.ka. Human League's) "Together In Electric Dreams" right before Electrical Storm. "We'll always be together /however far it seems/ (time never ends) We'll always be together / together in electic dreams" --- then after singing these lines the band will burst into Electrical Storm.

Cheers,

J
The King Of POP

Snippets of Nine Inch Nails?s Hurt in the middle of Bad would work well...

"What have I become my sweetest friend
Everyone I know goes away in the end
And you could have it all, my empire of dirt
I would let you down i will make you hurt

to let it go and so to fade away
let it go and so fade away
i?m wide awake"

Back
Top Bottom