What songs should always/should never be played together?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

vivalapopedge

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
There are some U2 songs that should always be played together, and some that sound really weird when played near each other. I think that the placement of "Kite", a really personal song, and the "In a Little While", a kind of fun song, seems weird. Whenever I hear "Kite" and the "In a Little While", the latter seems bad, or less important. But by itself, it's a great song. :up:

So, what songs go together all the time, like "An Cat Dubh/Into the Heart", and what songs seem odd when played after each other? It can be something from a concert playlist, or on an album :)

My favorite is Please leading into Streets. Please just sets the tone perfectly. Another good one is Zoo Station with The Fly. :rockon:

I agree, there's something about Kite and In a Little While (although great songs seperately) that doesn't flow as well.

edit: wayne, we must be Streets people!! I can't disagree with you at all. Bad/40/Streets is fantastic!

Last edited:
I love Please-Streets
also
New year's day-UTEOTW
also
Zoo station-Fly
also
The unforgettable Fire-City of blinding lights
also
Sunday bloody sunday-Bullet

But in albums
trilogies:
-Achtung opening
-Pop opening

Never to be played again:
Pride-Streets-One

I thought Pride-Streets-One was kind of a greatest hits string of songs, no real order or reason to it :shrug:

I also thought Miss Sarajevo-Pride was strange in concert, kind of the same thing as with Kite-In a Little While, they're both gret songs, but Miss Sarajevo kind of dilutes Pride for me :huh:

Great:

- 11 O'clock Tick Tock --> The Ocean
- October --> New Year's Day
- Desire --> All Along The Watchtower
- God Part II --> Bullet The Blue Sky
- Love And Peace Or Else --> Sunday Bloody Sunday --> Bullet The Blue Sky

Should never be done again:

- One --> Until The End Of The World
- Pride --> Where The Streets Have No Name --> One
- Anything like Stuck In A Moment or The Sweetest Thing after Sunday Bloody Sunday

Please ---> Streets :drool:
also Discotheque ---> Velvet Dress

Pop Mart has nice songs order :hmm:

I don't really care about transitions that much. ACD/ITH always are together as they should be, so thats my only 'must have'.

I still think if they made the rhythms match ITABTAW would work into SBS because of larry's little solo thingy at the end. I really despise it into ADWM. :barf:

I also like Disco/IYWTVD
and hate Pride/Streets/One as someone already mentioned

I never knew why if bono would always start screaming Gloria and G-l-o-r-i-a at the end of Exit why they couldnt just slowly increase the tempo (like they kinda do in R&H) until they went into the actual song after his last big Gloria yell. I always thought that would be a badass transition.

Nisse said:
He's snippeting a Van Morrison song called Gloria..
I know that

I meant i thought it would have been cool if rather than just end the song on the snippet of that 'Gloria', they could have tried and transitioned into their 'Gloria' as well. It works in my mind, but maybe doesn't sound good in type. :lol: they would have to skip the mini intro of the song though, and go straight into edge's riff.

Oh and I just remembered that I really like the Lemon/WOWY transition. I think there are better versions of WOWY but Macphisto makes it pretty darn cool. Plus Lemon is just fun to listen to.

Bad -> All I Want is You
Lemon - > WOWY
Discotheque -> With or Without You
October -> New Year's Day
Zoo Station -> The Fly
An Cat Dubh -> Into the Heart
Running to Stand Still -> Streets
All I Want is You -> Streets
Please -> Streets
Desire -> Watchtower
Until the End of the World -> Gone

NO MORE!: