What songs do you want them to do?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

blm

New Yorker
sweetie mentioned in a recent thread she'd love to hear Bono do "O Holy Night", ( I agree) -a most beautiful Christmas song .

Anything you'd want to hear from Bono/U2, that you think would sound great with their twist on it???

Yesterday, while driving, I heard Tupelo Honey -Van Morrison (Always LOVED it). Thought Bono would do a damn good job of it.

I MEAN A COVER......

OOPS- Mods, could you move this for me!!! ( I have to stay OUT of Pleba more) THANKS MUCH.

Last edited:
:wink: I know, just sayin'....

:hmm: for a cover.... I'd like to see Bono do Let me entertain you by Robbie Williams... or Angels...

Bono Mot said:

:lmao: but he HAS to do the videoclip then too!

:evil:

BLM: Robbie is quite big in Europe, here are the songs I mentioned..
Angels has a special meaning for me cause a person I like a lot played it for me on piano :heart: and he performed the other song too for a talent show :lol: but I'd love to see Bono sing them!
Angels: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fl4q2WBCywg
LMEY: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5DJgX-ihCdo
yes that video was an ode to Kiss

:wink: and for the heck of it, Rock Dj:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Shd3vGgzf-w

oh I perhaps should put up a warning for that last one.... if you can't stand blood, don't watch it...

Last edited:
Angels by Robbie Williams or Find the River by R. E. M. Don't know why but I sometimes think of Bono/U2 when I hear these songs. There are others as well but I cannot think of them right now.

blm said:
Yesterday, while driving, I heard Tupelo Honey -Van Morrison (Always LOVED it). Thought Bono would do a damn good job of it.

Ooh. Oooooh. I think that would be fantastic! Would love to hear that one.

Galeongirl said:
:lmao: but he HAS to do the videoclip then too!

:evil:

Uhhhhhhhh...if he did that up to the point before his skin and guts and stuff disappears, sure, I'd go with it :p.

"Angels" is an excellent choice, I'd love to hear that :up:. I think that'd be beautiful.

corianderstem said:
^^I love that song.

:reject:

Edge would do a killer job on those high harmonies on the chorus.

I like that song, too :). And I'd be interested to hear them try that song-appropriate choice indeed :D.

Continuing the Van Morrison discussion, if Bono ever were to team up with Jools Holland and his orchestra again, I'd love to hear them cover "Moondance". I think that could be absolutely :drool:.

I also want to hear U2 cover Peter Gabriel's "In Your Eyes" or The The's "Love Is Stronger Than Death". I could easily see them nailing those. There's a few off the top of my head for now.

Angela

"Transmission" by Joy Division

It's a great song with cool individual parts that would highlight the stregnth of each member. I'd love to hear Adam lay waste to the opening bass riff, Edge attack the snarling guitar lines, Larry going back to a beat that takes him all around the kit like the 80's and Bono yelling the "Dance! Dance! Dance! Dance! Dance to the radio!" part at the end.

It would kick unholy ass. Just sayin. If you haven't heard the song in a while or if you've never heard it at all, seriously give it a try.

I totally agree with the people agreeing with Africa! I had basically forgotten about the song and for some reason it came up in conversation the other day and I admitted that I liked the song too :reject:
Edge would sound great on it! :hmm:

While My Guitar Gently Weeps - The Beatles

Mad World - Michael Andrews/Gary Jules

The Zephyr Song - Red Hot Chili Peppers

Read My Mind - The Killers

Wrapped Around Your Finger - The Police

Songs I would like to hear U2 do.. ( covers and non covers)

Covers:
My Generation, The Kids are Alright, Magic Bus, Baba O Riley. Won't Get Fooled Again, Love, Reign, O'er Me by The Who

London Calling, Rock the Casbah, I Fought the Law, Should I Stay or Should I Go, This is Radio Clash by the Clash

Blitzkrieg Bop, I wanna Be Sedated, Rock N Roll High School by the Ramones

Ticket to Ride, Yellow Submarine, A Day in the Life, Dear Prudence, While My Guitar Gently Weeps, Blackbird, Rocky Raccoon, Come Together, Here Comes the Sun, I Saw here Standing There, Can't Buy me Love, Got to Get You into My Life.... by the Beatles.

Non Covers:

Stranger in a Strangeland, Drowning Man, Red Light, Elvis Presley and America, Red Hill Mining Town, Hawkmoon 269 full version ( I know it has been played, but I want to hear it live at a show I go too:wink: , Heartland, full version of acrobat, somedays are better than others, your blue room, the playboy mansion, Electrical Storm, Spanish Eyes, The Tree Sunrises, Walk to the Water, Luminous Times, Lady with the Spinning Head, North and South of the River, Salome

DreamOutLoud13 said:
I could seriously die happy if U2 covered 99 Red Balloons. I have a slight obsession with that song.

:hmm:...that could be interesting. I like that song, too.

DreamOutLoud13 said:
I also think they really ought to do a proper cover of Never Tear Us Apart.

Oh, definitely.

I like the idea of "The Zephyr Song" as a mention, too, I could see that.

Angela

Back
Top Bottom