What songs are better on the album than live?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cmb737

Refugee
Will just name a few to start the convo:

1. Stuck in a Moment You Can't Get Out Of
2. Vertigo (So Far)
3. All I Want Is You

Of course, all the rest are mostly better live...

Palace_Hero said:
One Tree Hill

There's an opinion that's just plain wrong. One Tree Hill, 26 December 1989, is the best live performance of any song by any band ever. End of story.

By the way, my picks ...

- Pride: There are a few performances better than the studio version, but they aren't all that common.
- With Or Without You: post-Zoo. The Popmart and Elevation versions were horribly weak. JT and Lovetown versions were majestic and brilliant, though.
- Sunday Bloody Sunday: It was better than the studio version until that lame walk in the park on Elevation rolled around.
- Absolutely anything acoustic, especially the acoustic Staring At The Sun and Stay. Songs just should not be watered down like that.

Beutifull day. I don't agree with the posts about All I Want is You or Stay acoustic. I don't like much of what U2 sings acoustic, but Stay was brillant acoustic during the Zootv tour.

I agree that Pride is definitely the big one that sounds so much better on the album. There's just a power to the original recording that's not there live... although that's just my opinion. *shrug*

Other picks:

Numb
The Fly
Lemon
Zooropa
I Still Haven't Found (depends on the tour! LOL)
Bad (also depends...)
Hold Me Thrill Me Kiss Me Kill Me
Beautiful Day

U2girl said:
3: Desire, One, Kite.

Ever heard a Lovetown Desire where Edge plays his solo at the end? (27 September 1989, 20 October 1989, and 18 November 1989, all in Sydney and 10 January 1990 in Rotterdam being prime examples.)

ya but what about now, desire sucks big time live now (watch boston dvd what the fuck is this)

love town live was great banos voice and edge actually tried to play the guitar!

but now its just a joke same goes for Wowy, SBS,pride and bad all songs were great live but now u2 have sucked the juice out of them yuck!!!

Axver said:

Ever heard a Lovetown Desire where Edge plays his solo at the end? (27 September 1989, 20 October 1989, and 18 November 1989, all in Sydney and 10 January 1990 in Rotterdam being prime examples.)

Yes I did, and I still think the album version is better. (and the movie version)

Beautiful Day
Pride (this one depends. Some live versions are better than others)
Sunday Bloody Sunday

Oh I forgot one:
With Or Without You:reject:

Last edited:
I prefer Boston Fly over studio anyday, my opinion of course but that often correlates to fact

the fly? boston dvd? it was so great I got up and started applauding. all i want is you is better on the album since it´s such a quiet song and it´s quite difficult to make it sound so great with 60,000 people screaming your name. Aaaaand.. with or without you, maybe. I was wondering too how come they played it live so much better before Popmart and the following.. but I don´t know. :shrug: there´s been some great live songs and some less great but I don´t relly think anything has REALLY sucked to this point..

Back
Top Bottom