what song should u2 bring back on the next tour? - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > Everything You Know Is Wrong > Everything You Know Is Wrong Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 09-23-2003, 01:27 PM   #1
Refugee

Local Time: 11:17 AM
what song should u2 bring back on the next tour?

last tour they brought back songs such as eleven oclock tick tock, sunday bloody sunday (full band version), the fly, and out of control.

what should they bring back, or something they have never played for the next tour?

here are mine:
heartland
red hill
acrobat
the electric co.

WHAT ARE YOURS

Old 09-23-2003, 01:31 PM   #2
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 06:17 AM
I want:

Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses
One Tree Hill
In God's Country
Please
Two Hearts Beat as One
Gloria

Old 09-23-2003, 06:27 PM   #3
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 03:17 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by DaveC
I want:
Two Hearts Beat as One
Gloria
And I would be happy.
Old 09-23-2003, 06:57 PM   #4
ONE
love, blood, life

I'd love it if Edge got to sing a song. Preferably "Seconds" or "Van Dieman's Land". But, I'm hoping there will be a song that Edge sings lead for on the new album.
Old 09-23-2003, 07:08 PM   #5
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

hold me thrill me kiss me kill me
all of discotheque not just the first two verses
do you feel loved
dirty day
Old 09-23-2003, 07:08 PM   #6
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 07:17 AM
they already brought back to life THE song to hear: OUT OF CONTROL!!!!!!!!!
I had enough of I Will Follow on every single tour (yes, on ZOO TV too, but sometimes). It's time for a change. I don't want to follow anymore, I want to get OUT OF CONTROL!!!!!!
Old 09-23-2003, 07:13 PM   #7
War Child

Local Time: 04:17 AM
In God's Country
Van Dieman's Land
Running to Stand Still
Please
Wild Horses
Two Hearts Beat as One
One Tree Hill
A Sort of Homecoming
Old 09-23-2003, 07:19 PM   #8
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 03:17 AM
Running to Stand Still
Mofo
In God's Country
Gloria
Old 09-24-2003, 05:20 AM   #9
Resident Photo Buff
Forum Moderator

Local Time: 05:17 AM
Running To Stand Still
One Tree Hill
Gloria
Wire
Old 09-24-2003, 06:33 AM   #10
Refugee

Local Time: 07:17 PM
It's pointless for U2 to bring back old songs. The more recent versions of Bad don't hold a candle to the older versions. No version of WOWY can touch the early `87 versions. It's just so pointless for U2 to relearn their old songs and bring them out of the closet. Their sorry version of A Sort Of Homecoming in the Elevation Tour is proof to this. Ditto for the Popmart Las Vegas Opening fiasco.

If anything, I'd rather have U2 practice their new album songs and bring all of them in for the next tour. It took U2 2-3 months to finally play Kite on tour, and maybe 2 legs before Wild Honey ever made an appearance. Maybe they finally learned Grace and When I Look At The World when the tour was all over.

U2 is notorious for being major slackers in their rehearsals. They don't practice the new songs enough, and just play them as the tour goes along. I'd rather have them practice on the current songs that they still remember how to play (as compared to relearning them), and also on giving the audience more of the new album. It would be a bad sign if U2 would just play 4 new album songs, then have the rest as a greatest hits tour.

Cheers,

J
Old 09-24-2003, 06:52 AM   #11
War Child

Local Time: 01:17 PM
hmtmkmkm
dirty day
gloria
like a song
in god's country
ultraviolet
mofo
if you wear that velvet dress
zoo station
god part II
electric co
even better than the real thing (although it was played a few times during the Elevation tour)

and, for the first time, lady with the spinning head
keep the fly
keep until the end of the world

drop in a little while, stuck in a moment, kite, stay, walk on
Old 09-24-2003, 11:04 AM   #12
Blue Crack Distributor

i'm hoping for an extended dance remix of an cat dubh
Old 09-24-2003, 12:18 PM   #13
Blue Crack Addict

Nothing more than what's already been said:

HMTMKMKM
Last Night On Earth
ACROBAT!!!!
WGRYWH (acoustic maybe?)
Ultraviolet and/or Lady With a Spinning Head
One Tree Hill
Running To Stand Still
Please
Old 09-24-2003, 12:36 PM   #14
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
Originally posted by jick
It's pointless for U2 to bring back old songs. The more recent versions of Bad don't hold a candle to the older versions. No version of WOWY can touch the early `87 versions. It's just so pointless for U2 to relearn their old songs and bring them out of the closet. Their sorry version of A Sort Of Homecoming in the Elevation Tour is proof to this. Ditto for the Popmart Las Vegas Opening fiasco.

If anything, I'd rather have U2 practice their new album songs and bring all of them in for the next tour. It took U2 2-3 months to finally play Kite on tour, and maybe 2 legs before Wild Honey ever made an appearance. Maybe they finally learned Grace and When I Look At The World when the tour was all over.

U2 is notorious for being major slackers in their rehearsals. They don't practice the new songs enough, and just play them as the tour goes along. I'd rather have them practice on the current songs that they still remember how to play (as compared to relearning them), and also on giving the audience more of the new album. It would be a bad sign if U2 would just play 4 new album songs, then have the rest as a greatest hits tour.

Cheers,

J
What a load of crap. Jick, I honestly dont know why you even consider yourself a fan. What is it exactly that you DO like about U2? You bitch about them 90% of the time.

There is only 1 tour that U2 was not prepared to play. That was Popmart. They has a similiar problem for Unf. Fire but still played very well on the first leg. U2 played the new songs very well for Elevation and rehearsed for 4 months prior to that tour. I also point to the Lovetown tour where they were arguebly better during the first leg than they were at the end of the tour. So not being ready to play for one single tour hardly makes them "notorious" for it. U2 are lazy in rehearsals??? I assume you are part of the studio crew or there is no way in hell you would even have any clue about what they are doing there. So that statement is also a load of crap. Most of your statement is factless. 4 new songs only?? What are you referring to there. U2 have ALWAYS played most of the new album they are touring for??? So there isnt even a trend for this. Its quite obvious that you just spew this BS to get a rise out of people. Thats fine, but its also rather pathetic that your life is so bad you need to get attention this way and people get tired of that act quickly.

Sorry for the rant, but I dont understand the mentality of someone that seldom has something good to say. Criticism is fine but when that is virtually all you do it is ridiculous. And if you are going to criticize at least back it up with facts rather than spewing complete BS.

Back on topic:
My choice would be Electric Co.
Old 09-24-2003, 12:44 PM   #15
Blue Crack Distributor

actually wild honey was played on the first leg of the north american tour... all be it on the very last show at the continental airlines arena... which one dead sexy member of interference just happened to be at... who ever could that be?
Old 09-24-2003, 01:17 PM   #16
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Originally posted by Blue Room

What a load of crap. Jick, I honestly dont know why you even consider yourself a fan. What is it exactly that you DO like about U2? You bitch about them 90% of the time.

There is only 1 tour that U2 was not prepared to play. That was Popmart. They has a similiar problem for Unf. Fire but still played very well on the first leg. U2 played the new songs very well for Elevation and rehearsed for 4 months prior to that tour. I also point to the Lovetown tour where they were arguebly better during the first leg than they were at the end of the tour. So not being ready to play for one single tour hardly makes them "notorious" for it. U2 are lazy in rehearsals??? I assume you are part of the studio crew or there is no way in hell you would even have any clue about what they are doing there. So that statement is also a load of crap. Most of your statement is factless. 4 new songs only?? What are you referring to there. U2 have ALWAYS played most of the new album they are touring for??? So there isnt even a trend for this. Its quite obvious that you just spew this BS to get a rise out of people. Thats fine, but its also rather pathetic that your life is so bad you need to get attention this way and people get tired of that act quickly.

Sorry for the rant, but I dont understand the mentality of someone that seldom has something good to say. Criticism is fine but when that is virtually all you do it is ridiculous. And if you are going to criticize at least back it up with facts rather than spewing complete BS.

Back on topic:
My choice would be Electric Co.

amen brother.
Old 09-24-2003, 03:55 PM   #17
Refugee

Jick, WTF? i agree 100% with everyone on here. why are you wasting your time bad-mouthing u2 on here? U2 have so many songs in there grasp, over 20 years worth. its great when they bring back some old favorites to give something back to the true fans. JOFO and everyone here i agree with you. he needs to back them up with real facts. and yes i would love to hear electric. co..
Old 09-24-2003, 05:53 PM   #18
Blue Crack Addict

Blue Room is my new best friend.

Electric Co is kick ass and I wouldn't mind Out of Control like last tour (I'm thinking of Bono's role playing during the televised Slane concert)
Old 09-24-2003, 06:10 PM   #19
War Child

Location: with 2 kids in high school they tell her that she's uncool, but she's still preoccupied with 1985
The Unforgettable Fire
Red Hill Mining Town
Old 09-25-2003, 09:08 AM   #20
Refugee

Local Time: 07:17 PM
Sure there are old songs they will always play and never forget how to play (Streets, WOWY, Pride, etc.), but then every time a new album comes out, they don't immediately play all the songs. It took a while for U2 to finally play One Tree Hill in the JT Tour. In Elevation, it almost seemed like an eternity before they played Kite and Wild Honey. In Zoo TV, they never played a full version of So Cruel, and maybe only once or never for Acrobat.

So obviously, U2 have little rehearsal time. I would rather have them practice more new songs that revive old songs that we've already heard in other albums or bootlegs. As for the new songs, at least we will get to hear them live. It's not a good thing if U2 will keep on adding to their list of songs never played live.

My proposal, practice and learn and play EVERY song off the upcoming album, then if you got spare time, that's when to try to relearn some older song. But of course we all know that will never happen, and not every song from the new album will make it to the stage.

Cheers,

J