what song should u2 bring back on the next tour?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
There's so many I want to see, but in particular;

The Electric Co.
Gloria
Please
Exit

And 11 O'clock Tick Tock to be played at every concert. Or at least all the ones I go to.

Bass Trap
Endless Deep
60 Seconds in Kingdom Come
A Race Against Time
If The Stars Should Fall
Origin Of Species
Down All The Days
Tougher Than The Rest

Danospano said:
by the way...this makes me long for a U2 concert...real bad. Don't you hate the fact that getting GA seats will either A) Cost you 5x what you paid last time (due to the new Ticketmaster auction selling), B) They be impossible to get?

That is absolute bullshit. I fucking hate ticketmaster. But they kinda monopolize the good seats. Hopefully U2 have more class than to allow their fans to bend over and be raped in their asses. Because that's what ticketmaster is doing. I hope they do GA again. That was brilliant. But someone will probably convince U2 to do that. The auctions will probably take place. Fuck that. Instead of spending $250 for good seats at one show, I'll use that money to go to 3 - 4 shows and sit a little farther back. Although it is my dream to be in the front row at a U2 concert.

I don't remember the playlist from elevation but here's what I want to hear

In a little while
One Tree Hill
The Fly
Stay
Gloria
Bad

:drool:

Actually I just like hearing bono make love to the microphone

Sorry, I got so pissed about ticketmaster and their raping tactics, I forgot to post the songs I'd love to hear. I think U2 should do a setlist where they leave a few slots in their show open to change. I'm not talking rotations. Well, yeah, they can do rotations too. Just about three slots in their set list where they put any random song in. Here are the songs I'd like to see get worked into this random rotation, and they just pick a few each night and play throughout the show.

Ultraviolet (It'll be back)
Please
Kite
Electrical Storm
Gone
Sweetest Thing
Staring at the sun (FULL BAND)
Stay (FULL BAND)
Even better than the real thing
The Fly
Zoo Station (They want to do this one. I know they do. They always rehearse it before each tour, but never do it.)
Angel of Harlem
Running to stand still
In God's Country
Exit (How cool would this be??)
Two hearts beat as one
Surrender
Gloria
Out of control
Electric Co.
11:00 tick tock
Spanish eyes

I am modeling this after what REM does. They have a core setlist that they roughly follow, but they also have spots where they can fill in anything. I saw them the other night, and they played songs like Cuyahoga, Beat a drum, Strange currencies, Fall on me, Pop song '89. And they've been doing even more obscurities at other shows. The show had order, but spontaniety at the same time. Still on cloud 9 from that show.....awesome band.

I'm not proposing they do a Dave Matthews Band approach, and just out there and play whatever comes to their mind. Each show opens differently, closes differently. Each show feels truly unique. But U2 wouldn't do that, so I'll stop dreaming. Haha.

It all depends on the direction of the new "guitar" album. Too emphasize that kind of sound live they should incorporate the following songs:

1) When I Look at the World- this was their rockingest guitar refrain on ATYCLB, I'm sure people would want to hear it.
2) In God's Country- Just watch it on Rattle and Hum... Edges searing work makes Adam rock harder than any other song, could just be the tempo though.
3) Unforgettable Fire- Lets Larry get in on the act... a sensible mellow song in a otherwise harder overall new guitar album to showcase w/ the "mother of all rock n roll songs" sans Bono.
4) One Tree Hill- just b/c it is sooo goood and rarely heard.

This would transition well to a harder/ more guitar oriented show and be a nice variation from Elevation which included many slower, stripped down, lighter fare.

Or they should inject some really fresh ideas and keep up w/ the times and have a Dj play w/ the band and add a dance portion to the show with remixes of:

1) New Years Dub w/ sonique

2) Lemon w/ Oaky

3 Discotheque w/ Osbourne - Any dance fans out there the "Hexidecimal mix" is just unbelievablely excellent.

4) Even Better Than Real Thing w/ Oaky

5) Mysterious Ways w/ Gray & Lillywhite

Have Underworld open the show and then start U2's set with this new feel/groove and then play a harder, edgier(no pun intended), REAL ALL OUT ROCK SHOW of old.

Is this too far out there or can you dig it?

The_acrobat said:
Zoo Station (They want to do this one. I know they do. They always rehearse it before each tour, but never do it.)

Really, they rehearse Zoo Station? Never knew that. I would love to hear that return, but I can't see it happening.

I was listening to the Hershey Tapes earlier, the George Bush Rap, to Acrobat, to Zoo Station is shear class.

Songs I would like to hear:

Dirty Day - with the solo! :p
Do You Feel Loved - not a chance sadly
Discotheque/Staring At The Sun - I loved that combo, the staring part was so dreamy
Mofo - dream on!
Stay - Full version
When I look At The Word
Your Blue Room
Lady With The Spinning Head - would be the greatest opener ever!
funked up Desire - dream on!

Basically I wish U2 would play more Zooropa and Pop stuff, because they are very good live - just were let down by poor studio mixes. Because of this the masses will always want ISHFWILF for the upteenth time instead of a Dirty Day, Discotheque etc

running to stand still
ultraviolet (light my way)
HMTMKMKM
north and south of the river
God Part II
11oclockticktock
a celebration

if only they could bring back a b-side stage

Concering lady with the spinning head; I don't know why but it always reminds me to Simple Minds' New Gold Dream. I saw the Minds last year and they opened with NGD, apart from Elevation during U2's Elevation tour, I never saw a concert opening so powerful!

I would like to hear:
"One tree hill"
"Gloria"
"The unforgettable fire"
"Running to stand still"
"Exit"
"Ultraviolet"

FelipeVox said:
Jick, a band who knew how to play All Along The Watchtower a few minutes before the concert would easily learn how to play Wild Honey or ATYCLB stuff.

I thought this was one of the things "faked" in R & H? That they already knew the song, and lyrics, but filmed that looking like they didn't. Same thing with the Sun Sessions (That was filmed months after the recording session)

Blue Room?

Back
Top Bottom