What song are U2 most known for?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Bildo said:
Ive gotta go with The_acrobat on this one (and not just cause hes my cousin). Whenever we tell people we're U2 fans, the first thing they always talk about is Discotheque and the whole Village People thing. Sometimes you want to strangle these pop culture MTV lemmings!

Fuckin' A, man! Sorry I missed you this weekend. Saturday I had to do the whole one year anniversary with Monica. I didn't even know you called until today (Sunday). Wasn't home much. Anyway, yeah, Discotheque video = NOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That tribute band is also playing Saturday night in Cleveland. So we could swing up, catch them, stay the night and then go to the r'n'r hall of fame on Sunday, when it opens. I wonder how much tickets cost. Ah, I'll look into it.

Me being an experimental chook has done experiments on this subject.

I've found willing participants in chat rooms then proceed to play U2 songs to them. I start out with songs like Van Diemens Land, Mofo, Two Shots of Happy, One Shot Of Sad and make them try and work out which band is preforming them. Then I progressively make it easier and easier by playing more indentifiable songs.

Of course, at first they think I'm playing songs by different artists, but slowly they catch on.

From these experiments (and I've conducted a few over the past couple of years - I must have too much spare time) I have a fair insight to which are the most well known U2 songs amongst those who are not regular U2 listeners.

Pride, With Or Without and One are usually the give away to the most clueless person. But Sunday Bloody Sunday doesn't seem to do the job.

Josuha Tree, Rattle and Hum, All That You Can't Leave Behind Singles, Mysterious Ways and The Sweetest Thing would be on the rung below that.

Until The End Of The World, Lemon, Numb, Discotheque would be on the next rung down.

I've had some people catch on with Zooropa and Do You Feel Loved.

But as for Sunday Bloody Sunday... Maybe I've been experimenting on the wrong people!

Here in Italy the best known U2's song is One
Everybody here knows this song ,it's always among the firsts in the "best all time song" polls of the musical magazines.
Anyway With or Without you is well known too but One is more famous among younger people(14-20 years old)
I think BD will become another U2 classic...

Pride - First
With Or Without You - Second

"All I Want Is You" possibly 3rd!

I can't believe no one has suggested this song yet?????!!!!!
I believe it could be U2's greatest moment!

hehe yeah, love that concert.
I often crank Miami-Bullet the Blue, Mofo, Discotheque and WOWY in my car stereo to the max. I should be deaf!!!

I guess your right about AIWIY, Desire is probably in a similar Catagory.

Back
Top Bottom