what show had the best live performance of the fly ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The Sydney version is great but the Boston one is a killer. Heavy distortion, the riff is played throughout the entire song (thank God!!), there is that great intro and the little differences after the chorus with Larry's drums!!!! I love it!!!! I pray that U2 still play this song on the next tour again!!!!

Hmm ... Elevation was definitely better than ZooTV, but a specific Elevation performance? I honestly couldn't pick one.

There was a live version from the Elevation tour that I heard and before the the song really started Bono did this speech about talking to a giant or something. The song was okay, it sounded like they restructured it, but Bono messed up some lines, but it was a good performance.

Charlotte 2001
Bono stops to sing the chorus in the last part of the song and Edge inserts some fantastic riffs in there!

Originally posted by TheBrazilianFly
Do you happen to have that song?

i second that...the fly is too sweet. ive got a few elevation concerts but boston 'the fly' is the best ive heard yet. im tempted to hear any version that might be better!

Last edited:
Go to u2tours.com. Go to the Charlotte March 29th 2001 review and click the "audio" section. In here, you can listen to a recording of that version. It's a Real Audio recording.

Okay I just heard it and I think I know what happened. Edge had to keep on playing the solo even during the chorus with Bono singing but he went for playing the main riff, that he is supposed to play only during the verses not the chorus, and I think he quickly realized that and went to play the rest of the solo again but I guess his mind got mixed up and instead he came up with a mix of power chords with a lot of wah-wah pedal. Sounds cool also because Bono didn't singed the chorus.

Both are cool. But Elevation is AMAZING. Boston is awesome, but I feel the Chicago version is slightly cleaner, granted the end instrumental isn't QUITE as long, but it's soooo cool.

Back
Top Bottom