What should I get?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rachel D.

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
I got a gift certificate to Amazon.com for Christmas. What sort of U2 materials are must-haves (that cost $25 or less)? I'm thinking about getting Passengers (since I've never seen it in any store) or getting a really cool U2 book. Is U2 Show any good? And this might sound stupid, but are there any offensive photos, like nudity or something? I know ZooTV had the capacity to get a little wild so I thought I'd ask. Also, I don't think my parents would like that very much. Thanks for your help!

Get ZOOTV :up: It rocks, and Bono looks way hot. Nothing more 'offensive' than Bono kissing the camera and for a few seconds aiming it at his crotch before he pushes it back up. If you weren't looking for this you wouldn't even notice it. Passengers is not very good, don't waste your certificate.

Last edited:
Rachel D. said:
I got a gift certificate to Amazon.com for Christmas. What sort of U2 materials are must-haves (that cost $25 or less)? I'm thinking about getting Passengers (since I've never seen it in any store) or getting a really cool U2 book. Is U2 Show any good? And this might sound stupid, but are there any offensive photos, like nudity or something? I know ZooTV had the capacity to get a little wild so I thought I'd ask. Also, I don't think my parents would like that very much. Thanks for your help!

I also highly recommend U2 At the End of the World. I liked that one a lot.

I don't recommend U2 Three Chords and the Truth. I did not like that one a lot.

Re: Re: What should I get?

Dalton said:

I definitely agree with this. U2 At the End of the World is a great book. The best I have ever read about the band. :up:

From what I've read of Rachel's posts here and on zootopia, I think she'd like ZOOTV much better;)

Dalton :yes:

U2 at the end of the world - to me, no question about it.

Re: Re: Re: What should I get?

miss becky said:

I definitely agree with this. U2 At the End of the World is a great book. The best I have ever read about the band. :up:

It is the most entertaining, informative book I have read... period. It not only enlightens one about the Band, but about what was happening in the world at the time. You will not be disappointed!

I'll second the votes for U2 at the End of the World. I also recommend Passengers. Get it with someone else's money. You know you'll want it eventually, and if you get it with a certificate, if you don't like it, no big deal.

I've read U2 at the End of the World, but it was from the library (I'll buy it someday). I really, really liked it, but I'm looking for more of a visual book. Eye candy, you know. I wish I could get that coffee table book that the band is working on, but it's not out yet.

I think there were some used Passenger CDs at Amazon, but do gift certificates work the same way for used items? I was thinking that if I could get a used Passengers CD, then I could get both it and a book.

But back to U2 Show: Some of you are saying "Get ZooTV!" When I said that ZooTV was a little wild, I meant that I was a little concerned about what kind of photos from ZooTV would be in the book U2 Show. Are there any that would freak out my parents if they happened to thumb through the book? Sorry if I was a little unclear at first. Thanks for your input so far!

I don't have U2 Show (yet; I will get it in about a week), but I can't think of anything U2 has done that is really offensive.

U2: At the End of the World is a MUST READ/OWN for any fan :wink:

I also have U2 show... great TECHNICAL book, not a whole lot of "pretty" pictures in the sense of promo shots and all that... So if you are looking for a whole lot of U2 pictures, this may not be the book for you... U2 show has to do with what happens behind the scenes (stage design, logistics, chronology, etc.).

You could also wait a couple months and apply that money toward Anton's book :drool: My friends are getting it for my birthday in March :drool:

Last edited:
Miroslava said:
U2: At the End of the World is a MUST READ/OWN for any fan :wink:

I also have U2 show... great TECHNICAL book, not a whole lot of "pretty" pictures in the sense of promo shots and all that... So if you are looking for a whole lot of U2 pictures, this may not be the book for you... U2 show has to do with what happens behind the scenes (stage design, logistics, chronology, etc.).

Not many pictures? :scratch: Do we then have different books by the same title? U2 Show is filled with pictures. At least 180 of the 300+ pages are pictures of their live shows. And good quality pictures I might add. And yes, the other pages contain many interviews with the people who make the U2 show running. But at least half of the book is concert pictures.

:up:

Crap,,, None of these books are available in Denmark :madspit:
But sounds like i have to order them,,, If they are so good

Last edited:
Yeah, "U2 at the End of the World" is definitely the best book on the lads, and it'll be under $25, which "U2 Show" will not be....I've typically seen it for $35, although Virgin Records in Times Sq. had it for 25% off yesterday.

The ZooTV video is great, but hopefully it'll be available on DVD sometime in the near future with extras and stuff, so maybe hold off on that?

If you don't have some of the singles, those are always fun, although I don't know if you can get 'em off Amazon. But they have B-sides which are fab.

ZooTV DVD in 2005????? where did you guys hear that??
*jumps up and down yelling and screaming incomprehensible nonsense*

firstlove said:
ZooTV DVD in 2005????? where did you guys hear that??
*jumps up and down yelling and screaming incomprehensible nonsense*

May I join you?:wink:

Just got U2 show for christmas, have to say it is a fantastic book filled with tons of pictures. However, it focuses on the live aspect of U2, which happens to be my favorite part. So the book is perfect for me, but might not be the best for someone who isnt into the performance history of U2.

Get Passengers. It's fantastic. Well, if you are open minded, of course... Let U2 take you on a trip.

But if you think ATYCLB and HTDAAB are the best U2 records, i'd not recommend Passengers. Then i'd recommend Until The End Of The World by Flanagan.

Oh please. WTF does 'open minded' have to do with musical taste? Either a person likes the sound of something or they don't. Do you like every single type of music? Rap metal? Hair metal? Country bluegrass? Hardcore rap? Polka? Does it make you 'closed minded?' Give me a break.

I think I'll like Passengers. The reveiws at Amazon are pretty good (at least they were last time I checked). I like Zooropa, so I'm sure I'll like Passengers at least a little. And U2 Show is only $21 at Amazon, which really surprises me. I thumbed through it at Best Buy (where it was more expensive) and it was pretty cool, from what I saw of it.

Re: Re: What should I get?

Dalton said:

I second that recommendation!!! I am reading it at this very moment for the second time!

Back
Top Bottom