What SHOULD and what WILL be the NEXT SINGLE? subsequent singles too!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

stuTV

The Fly
Any thoughts out there?? Here's mine; but much more importantly-what's yours?

SHOULD BE THE NEXT SINGLE--
Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own

WILL BE THE NEXT SINGLE--
Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own

SUBSEQUENT SINGLE HOPEFULS
2-City of Blinding Lights
3-All Because of You
4-Original of the Species
(5-Miracle Drug)
...I suppose this is too many singles...oh well

I'll leave it to ya u2land,
-stuTV

My pick would be Miracle Drug.

On a sidenote, I've heard that a U2 song will be featured on an upcoming episode of The OC and have tried to figure out which song it will be. My guesses would be COBL or MD.

City of Blinding Lights is probably the best song on the album, but it's not really single material. It doesn't fit with any radio format.

"Sometimes" will be the next single. For people that were afraid to buy the album b/c they thought it might be pure rock, Sometimes will entice them to buy it.

All Because of You will be a single. (probably 3rd)

Original of the Species will be either the third or fourth single. (great uplifting pop song)

After originally thinking Miracle Drug would be a single, I no longer think it will be. It just fits more as a quality album song, not a single. Something just wouldn't be right if they added it as a fifth single.

well, as we know the second single is Sometimes, it comes down to the 3rd and 4th. I agree that City of Blinding lights isn't quite right for the radio, unfortunately. However, with a bit of tweaking it may fit better, and it's not unlike U2 to release a slightly different version of a song as a single (Wild Horses for example).
So maybe CoBL, otherwise I'm hoping Love and Peace or Else gets to radio, it would be huge as a single, surely!
Actually the whole album is worthy of airtime!

The next single will be Sometimes.

City of Blinding Lights will also be a single since we know that there is a single mix.

Original of the Species, and Miracle Drug should be the other two.

2.Sometimes
3.City Of Blinding Lights
4.FAST CARS!!!!!!!!
5.All because of You

OOTS should be a hidden gem on the album,something like Gone/Bad/Kite.

I want Love And Peace Or Else to be a single! It's the perfect vechile to show the diversity of the album after the likes of Sometimes and or Original of the species

yeah there definately is a cobl single mix, judging from the totp performance, shorter intro, only says "time" 3 times instead of 5, and shorter end

Erin go bragh said:
On a sidenote, I've heard that a U2 song will be featured on an upcoming episode of The OC and have tried to figure out which song it will be. My guesses would be COBL or MD.

I read that Sometimes You Can't Make it on Your Own will be the song featured on the OC. It is supposed to be an emotionally charged episode.

I personally think:
Sometimes <since they played it on SNL>

Crums from your Table
A man and a Woman

My personaly opinion is that Miracle Drug while has been getting a lot of press is a <hate to say it> has a borning chorus not enough of a catch. and Edges licks are just his classic edge sounding stuff.

I think this album was written more for the VH1 Crowd than the MTV crowd.

Good Stuff tho on the whole.

T

SYCMIOYO, as brilliant a song it is, will unfortunately flop in the mainstream. It has no chance of being a hit, mark my words. It's so dissapointing, this song is a masterpiece. Why people will want to hear something about 'smacking a bitch up,' over this is beyond me. No wait, it's not beyond me, everyone is a dickhead! I remember now!

Erin go bragh said:

FYI, according to EW - SYCMIOYO will play during "an emotionally charged montage on the Dec. 2nd episode."

Sometimes then city of blinding lights followed by original of the species and then either crumbs or a man and a woman. just cant see MD doing anything new for U2 as a single.

U2iPod said:
I personally think:
Sometimes <since they played it on SNL>

Crums from your Table
A man and a Woman

My personaly opinion is that Miracle Drug while has been getting a lot of press is a <hate to say it> has a borning chorus not enough of a catch. and Edges licks are just his classic edge sounding stuff.

I think this album was written more for the VH1 Crowd than the MTV crowd.

Good Stuff tho on the whole.

T

I agree with this, and would also throw in LPOE as a curve ball. Anyway in a recent article PM was reported to have said they are considering different songs for different territories.

Mike

1. vertigo
2. miracle drug
3. sometimes you cant make it on your own
4. original of the species

and if it gets this far....

5. crumbs from your table
6. city of blinding lights

1. Vertigo
2. SYCMIOYO (Because U2 have stated that this will be the 2nd single)
3. Miracle Drug
4. Original Of The Species
5.City Of Blinding Lights

JMO

Last edited:
1- Vertigo (as we know)
2- All because of You (as we know)
3- Sometimes you can't make it on your own
4- Miracle Drug
*5- City of blinding lights

They are following the Achtung Baby pattern.

I heard it would be different in different countries. But the US CD sticker says includes 'Vertigo' and 'All Because of You'. Makes sense considering their statement about reclaiming Modern Rock radio is the US. And they have already succeeded with Vertigo.

Back
Top Bottom