What´s the best U2 book ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

J_NP

New Yorker
So for a 1st book , which one would you indicate ? I heard a lot of people saying that u2´s best book is At the end of the world , and I even read some excerpts and it was indeed great , but there are other great titles , like the , I don´t remember very much I think it´s U2 live something , which actually attacks ATEOTW weak point which I believe is only cover the Zoo era mainly . So what do you say , which one is more worth ?

Last edited:
U2 At The End Of The World is indeed the best one. There's a reason why it's often referred to as 'The U2 Bible'.

Another one of my favorites, however, is 'Unforgettable Fire', by Eamon Dunphy.

Last edited:
well, what are you looking for in a book? there are many good picture books [U2 Show, U2 & I, Best of Propaganda, etc], but the only textual one I've fully read is U2 ATEOTW and it is indeed a great read. U2 Live is a compilation of a summary [with complete set lists] of alll the live shows they've done up until the Elevation Tour. there are also quite a few books on just Bono alone [In Conversation, Race of Angels, etc].

happy reading! =)

tuwie said:
there are also quite a few books on just Bono alone [In Conversation, Race of Angels, etc].

Race of Angels is not on Bono alone. All members of the band are interviewed. It is a book that aims to put the music in a cultural context.

At the End of the World is great although I would dearly have liked to see a Popmart equivalent...just what was going through the band's heads on the two American legs...would have been fasinating, I'm sure.

U2 Live is my "bible" (as far as the band is concerned anyway, for spiritual matters I tend to turn to the one about Jesus and the loaves and fishes...) to be sure.

namkcuR said:
U2 At The End Of The World is indeed the best one. There's a reason why it's often referred to as 'The U2 Bible'.

Another one of my favorites, however, is 'Unforgettable Fire', by Eamon Dunphy.

"Unforgettable Fire" by Eamon Dunphy was my first U2 book. I haven't read "U2 At the End of the World," but I thought that "Unforgettable Fire" was a good intro into the world of U2.

Only problem with it is that it was published in 1987 and so ends with JT...

Livi

tommycharles said:
At the End of the World is great although I would dearly have liked to see a Popmart equivalent...just what was going through the band's heads on the two American legs...would have been fasinating, I'm sure.

U2 Live is my "bible" (as far as the band is concerned anyway, for spiritual matters I tend to turn to the one about Jesus and the loaves and fishes...) to be sure.

Yeah I agree with you pal like I said , the weak point of ATEOTW is that doesn´t cover the other tours , eras . It seems that we will only get that a kind of behind scenes and stories book covering the others tours with the U2 by U2 .

U2 at the End of the World is the best

I only wish there was a book detailing the recording of Pop and PopMart

U2 At the End of the World :drool: it's a must read, I finished it in 2 days or so.

Right now I'm reading Walk On: the Spiritual Journey of U2. I'm not very far in... and I wouldn't recommend it as a first read. It's written by a Presbyterian minister in Ireland and the book "explores the questions and controversy surrounding the deep-rooted religious themes of the group's music."

End of the World is essential reading if you are a U2 fan. If you love this band and their music you will be enthralled by this book. Top-notch writing and intelligent insight.

But, for a really neat glimpse of the very beginning of the U2 saga, read "Killing Bono." Now, this book doesn't deal exclusively with U2, but it covers quite a bit of their school days at Mount Temple as they form the group and begin to develop into a very popular Dublin band. Fascinating stuff.

I own the Unforgettable Fire, but have dismissed it. It is evidently rife with errors.

LemonMacPhisto said:
U2 at the End of the World is the best

I only wish there was a book detailing the recording of Pop and PopMart

It's so good, I bought a second copy after losing the first!

My second favourite is U2: The Best of Propaganda...lots of Pop/Popmart mentions, plus photos. :up:

That BP fallon book Faraway So Close is great for pictures. Its crammed full of great pics from Zoo TV. The writing commentary is an acquired taste but its different.

Back
Top Bottom