What Principle Management actually said (fall release)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2DMfan

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
I go away for a week to come back to rumors of a fall release and ask repeatedly where this came from. "It came from the PR people" "Pricinciple Management" "Sheila Moyett"

Here is what actually is said.

Interference.com has just received the following message from
Regine Moylett of RMP London, U2's PR agency, in response to the various rumors about the title, tracklisting, release date and
so forth of U2's next album:

The answer from Sheila Moyett
"There are no announcements planned for the immediate future." That's it, that's all she said.

Then Joel asked PM's Cecilia Coffey basically about the March rumors, single in a few weeks etc.

The answer from Cecilia Coffey
Not true.............. That's it 11 words in total in both quotes, not one of which remotely eludes to a fall or winter release or any release of any kind.

That's all that was said from Principle Management. I guess that translated into a Winter release from some people.
Here's what Intereference wrote at the end of the article (presumably Joel)

Interference.com has received no further official
conformation about any of the details surrounding U2's next album,
which could arrive as late as winter, but stay tuned for more updates

This is just an editorial comment, but I suppose if he had typed "which could arrive as late as fall 2005" There would certainly be a thread on this board saying that the album had been pushed back to Fall 2005.

Ok, just stating this for those who didnt actually read what was said. If there is something else that Principle Management has said please feel free to fill me in.

Here is the link to the original Intereference article.
http://forum.interference.com/t86930.html

there was a statement from Regine that said something about next winter.......later (meaning 1 or 2 days) she clairified by saying "immediate future"....the post is somewhere.

Ok, I found that info on atU2, that the same info was given to both atU2 and interference and just leads me to believe that the original e-mails were either fake or just flat out incorrect, probably fakes. They were both corrected at any rate, so it still stands to say that a fall release is a tremendous reach.

Last edited:
Ok fan I had to go to the log to find it because it was changed here at interference.........

No new U2 album until winter 2004?
Interference.com have published a response to the many rumours about U2?s new album which they say they received from Regine Moylett of RMP London, U2?s PR agency.

Interference say Moylett wrote: ?Somebody has their wires crossed as we never said we would be making an announcement soon, as we?re not. We are not expecting a record until next winter so no announcements for some time yet.?

(Update 16/1: Interference have changed their post and removed the ?next winter? quote.)

I hope you find this helpful

In light of everything else, saying a winter release is simply daft, or meant to throw us off. When you have a complete (or at worst nearly-complete) album, you don't sit on it for months, doing absolutely bugger-all to it. You release the thing.

May 10/11, people.

for everything there is a reason ..... everyonce in awhile at work someone tells me something confidential and I can't say ..

then people just make up in their minds what they want to and jump to conclusions cause I didnt tell them the whole story to protect the person that told me the story and the relationship we have and in the end the person that originally told me the story trusts me more and more and tells me more and more.

you see what I am saying on this people ..

Back
Top Bottom