What objects do U2 songs make you think of? - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > Everything You Know Is Wrong > Everything You Know Is Wrong Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 03-01-2002, 06:07 PM   #1
Refugee

Local Time: 03:53 PM
What objects do U2 songs make you think of?

The Fly makes me think of a black leather jacket. A very shiny one.

A Day Without Me make me think of sunlight shining off a snowy mountainside (probably the "landslide in my ego" line).

Even Better than the Real Thing makes me think of a helicopter. Probably the guitar sound.

Indian Summer Sky makes me think of a forest.

I guess some of these are related to lyrics, others to the sound, others to videos.

Any other interesting ones?

------------------
Your sun so bright it leaves no shadows, only scars
Carved into stone on the face of earth
The moon is up and over One Tree Hill
We see the sun go down in your eyes

Old 03-01-2002, 06:12 PM   #2
you are what you is

Local Time: 05:53 PM
all of them make me think of the internet

------------------
Salome
Shake it, shake it, shake it

Old 03-01-2002, 06:18 PM   #3
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Location: Born under a bad sign with a blue moon in your eyes
Local Time: 10:53 AM
Awesome topic... I thought I was the only one that did this:

One: All I can think of is a damp, dreary, raining day and being curled up on the couch with a cup of tea.

Beautiful Day: Driving across a deserted highway on a sunny day (because I first heard it driving across a deserted highway on a sunny day.)

ISHFWILF: High School, adolesence agnst

------------------
Daisy

and you become the monster
so the monster will not break you

AIM: daisyone75
Old 03-01-2002, 06:45 PM   #4
Acrobat

Local Time: 03:53 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Salome:
all of them make me think of the internet

lol! That's too funny! When I see the groupings of the letters A, T, Y, C, L, and B - I think of this blue screen. No kidding!

I think in an earlier thread called Gloria or Rejoice, I mentioned that Rejoice put a picture in my head that was like the rain was stopping and the sunlight was breaking through the clouds.

When I hear The Fly, I see the gray stormy ocean but that might have something to do with when I irst heard the song (thanks to my friend who taped it off the radio before it hit the streets,) I was on the ferry going from Wales to Ireland.

Streets - A sunrise always comes into mental play when I hear the opening strains to this song.

Tomorrow - A cloudy day with no sun in sight, and damp gray streets, but in the distance I can see a bright green field.

Daddy's Gonna Pay For Your Crashed Car - for some reason I always see a line of people outside a club waiting to get inside. I have no idea why.

Luminous Times - I see a mishmash of images in my head, I don't know if it's because this is my favorite U2 song and I have a million memories attached to it, but mainly I see the sunlight on crashing waves.

Bass Trap - palm trees blowing in a gentle island breeze. And there I am, swaying in a hammock with an umbrella drink in one hand. How's that for cheesy mental theater?

Race Against Time - the lines on the road you see when you're driving on a dark deserted highway.

Zoo Station - I see the London Underground, people on the go, and how when the train comes into the station for a slight moment the wind whips people's hair all around.

The Unforgettable Fire - the opening guitar puts images into my head of shooting stars streaking across the nighttime sky.

I'd better stop, or else I could go on all day and night...