what New York track is the best?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DPrinceNY

War Child
So we have three options...
COBL
New York
Angel of Harlem

All were dedicated/written about new york. What is everyones favorite? There prob. will be a landslide for COBL but we shall see...

My vote's COBL :wink:

I personally LOVE "COBL". Gives me goosebumps (ALL my favorite U2 songs give me goosebumps...or "chickenskin" I think they call it across the pond?!)

Are we talking in quality of song terms?

AOH...

But if you want a great melody, thoughtful lyrics and mystery then COBL...

MrBrau1 said:
AOH is about Billie Holiday, not NYC.

To be fair, part of it was also inspired by the feelings the band had the moment they first came to NYC. Evidenced at least by these lines:

It was a cold and wet December day
When we touched the ground at JFK
Snow was melting on the ground
On BLS I heard the sound
Of an angel

New York, like a Christmas tree
Tonight this city belongs to me

To top off the feelings they had, they heard Billie on the radio--cementing those first-time feelings of NYC forever. Bono discusses it in a few interviews, I believe.

Miami...

Wait huh?

Oh out of those three I would pick Angel Of Harlem, but seeing as it's not about New York according to my posting chums, I'll settle on COBL. :D

City of Blinding Lights is amazing but the live version of New York is simply brilliant......

so my vote is New York!

Headache in a Suitcase said:
what, exactly, is mysterious about city of blinding lights?

Well, you really don't know which lights specifically are blinding the band, and we also don't know what the consequences of this temporarily blindness were.

Did they get disoriented and fall off the stage, while shielding their eyes with their hands and saying, "AUGH! MY EYES!" ?

corianderstem said:

Well, you really don't know which lights specifically are blinding the band, and we also don't know what the consequences of this temporarily blindness were.

Yes We do... its the lights during streets at a NYC show on elevation. 24/10/01? And when they came up the look on peoples faces was unbelivable after all they'd been through... oh u look so beauitful tonight. in the city, of blinding lights

Miricale_Drug said:

Yes We do... its the lights during streets at a NYC show on elevation. 24/10/01? And when they came up the look on peoples faces was unbelivable after all they'd been through... oh u look so beauitful tonight. in the city, of blinding lights

I know. I was being silly in response to Headache's question.

Back
Top Bottom