What lasting impact/imprint has U2 left in your life?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jick

Refugee
There is no question that U2 is already in the sunset of their career. Anyone who thinks U2, after 25 great years, still have 25 more productive years must be kidding himself. We have already gone more than halfway in U2's storied career. So now this thread.

Please write sort of like a (but not exactly one) eulogy/tribute to U2 - or simply answer these question: What lasting impact or imprint has U2 left in your life? How will you remember U2 when all is said and done?

Now here's the rub - to keep the replies readable I'd want you to keep your answers short. Perhaps a maximum of 5 sentences or 50 words -whichever is less.

As for me, I'll think it over and get back to you. I think the questions I posed here are a little tough to answer even for my standards. It needs some thought.

Cheers,

J

OK Jick. U2 has warmed my heart, opened my eyes, broadened my mind, got me through the rough times, kept me awake on late night drives, shown me a great bunch of people, been a source of inspiration... and given me hearing damage

All the music they've produced over the past 25 years, is special to me. I can listen to many artists, but with U2, what I get from it is something else. They have, quite simply, made THE best music I have heard, in my 22 years on this earth.

:wink:

In my opinion, U2 has far surpassed anyone I have heard up to this point in my life. I have listened to, and appreciated many bands (some great) over the years, but none have ever moved me the way U2 does. I admire their passion, ability, perfectionist attitude, their complexities and simplicity. They make me think and feel and I will continue to listen to their music forever!!

im gonna write a cheesy poem:

i was a boy,
born in october,
i dont like war,
and to me,

you're an unforgettable fire
standing under a joshua tree,
rattling and humming,
to me,

you said achtung baby
then took me on a tour through zooropa
pop went my mind
what have you done to me

you're all that i cant leave behind
but i like it that way
teach me how to dismantle an atomic bomb
i trust you to again excite me

shyte, im tired, dont even know what im writing, i'll come up with something better....

Great answers so far guys! I actually need time to make my answers but I have thoroughly enjoyed what you have written so far. Keep them coming!

Cheers,

J

PS: Wouldn't it be great to save this thread and keep it ang give it to U2 when the day they end will finally arrive?

hard to put into words, but let's give it a go.

i've been a fan for 20 years now. they were the first band i fell in love with, and they have become the soundtrack of my life--first loves, heartbreaks, moving around the country, surviving school and university, not to mention many many roadtrips, and countless great conversations about big ideas. their music never fails to inspire me, to push me in new directions, and to just plain soothe my soul. their music is like home to me.

Obviously U2 has made an major impact in the lives of those who follow them...I started listening to U2 in the mid 80's and once I listened to the lyrics...*really listened* there was no turning back!
I began to see music in a different way..There are songs in their whole catalog that somehow fit in different situations of my life..I can apply these song becsue they have true meaning...I honestly can't see my life w/out U2:yes:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom