What kind of song will U2's first single be?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

europop2005

Refugee
Do you think we'll get a power ballad like Beautiful Day, or a hard "were back" rocker like Vertigo?

Beauitful day wasnt a power ballad :lol: x 10000

I think we will get a mix of a COBL and vertigo.

europop2005 said:
Do you think we'll get a power ballad like Beautiful Day, or a hard "were back" rocker like Vertigo?

We'll get an atmospheric masterpiece 8:26 long, with a slow haunting intro, verse build-up with eastern instruments combined with the spanish guitar and then an explosive middle8 and climax with a loud rhythm section as outro. It will be called Caravans In Sight.

Whatever best represents their new sound and is marketable. The best combination of those two things. So, it will be one of the more catchy, mainstream songs coming out of these sessions.

Mid-tempo to upbeat, with an anthemic chorus, delayed guitars, martial drum beats, surging bass lines, and soaring, sing-along vocals.

In all seriousness, though, I bet it will be track #1 from the the album (ugh...), and the video will use some groundbreaking technology.

luna_lovegood said:

Might be going out on a limb here, but the drums might make an appearance too.

But no bass.

They'll rip of The White Stripes with this one. :yes: Adam will just stand there and attempt to look appealing.

LemonMelon said:

But no bass.

They'll rip of The White Stripes with this one. :yes: Adam will just stand there and attempt to look appealing.

and WILL look appealing :)

It will have an upbeat african dance tempo with a molten metal solo.

Maybe a song where Bono is singing?

It could also be that Edge will be playing guitar on it.

And there is also the slight possiblity that we'll have some bass and drums, too.

Wow.

last unicorn said:
Maybe a song where Bono is singing?

It could also be that Edge will be playing guitar on it.

And there is also the slight possiblity that we'll have some bass and drums, too.

Wow.
ppft. it isn't the 90s anymore buddy; they're done experimenting.

KhanadaRhodes said:

the name pete the chop is about as funny as phail collins.

Tell that to U2, not to me. They're the ones that put it in a song title. I thought a sequel would be in order.

Few things in life are ever going to be less funny than Phail Collins.

Back
Top Bottom