What is your official U2 Summer Song?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kariatari

War Child
I know it's a little early (like a whole season early!), but this unseasonable 90 degree weather in Iowa has put me into a summery mood.
biggrin.gif

Red Hill Mining Town is my official U2 Summer Song.
cool.gif
My dad and I used to go out in the backyard to play catch every night during the summer. We had speakers outside, so he'd throw in The Joshua Tree. I used to *hate* Red Hill Mining Town, but for some reason or other, it has always been the song that brings back the most vivid memories of playing catch with my dad. Needless to say, I love the song now.
smile.gif

For years it was Streets, and that's still good but now and forever I got to go with Beautiful Day. It replaces my old official Summer Song which was Mr. Blue Sky by ELO, which is now second. If you ever heard it there are similarities.

------------------
~"A little out of touch, little insane, just easier than dealin' with the pain!" ~Soul Asylum, "Runaway Train"

~**The LONE She-Wolf of PLEBA!**~

For me, it looks like out of COntrol or Wake up Dead Man

------------------
Watch More TV, ITs your world you can change it, taste is the enemy of art, Every thing you know if wrong, mock the devil, and he will flee from thee
www.geocities.com/nshaikspike/evil.html

Dancing Barefoot - I always feel the uge to throw open my arms and spin barefoot in lush, grassy fields.

------------------
Mone

You ain't nothin without a rhythm section to back you up.

"What Adam does with his willy is his business..." -Bono

Most of ATYCLB actually. I really got into that album when I was in Portugal last year, and a lot of the songs, especially "Kite," "In A Little While," "Wild Honey," and "WILATW" remind me of sitting by the pool in the sun
smile.gif

In God's Country!

smile.gif

------------------

Just as you find me
Always I will be
A little bit too free
With myself

In God's Country for me too!! The Guitar rifts just send me in a summer mood!

Also, Always and Discotheque!
smile.gif

------------------
"It's Evolution Baby!"

I was actually just thinking about this other day 'cos we're getting record high temps in Indiana, too!

I'd have to say these are my picks for U2 summer songs:

Big Girls are Best
Wild Honey
Sweetest Thing
Hawkmoon 269
Summer Rain (of course)
Elevation (Influx Mix)

It'd be interesting to make a cd mix of all summer songs by U2.

~z~

------------------
" You love this town - even if that doesn't ring true. You've been all over, and it's been all over you " - Bono

" Don't you know there ain't no Devil, that's just God when he's drunk " - Tom Waits

Seeing as though we have just finished Summer and where I live is practically summery all year long In God's Country always makes me feel summery and this summer, over the Christmas period I listened to the Walk on single a fair bit - so that song and the live version of Gone reminds me of the summer just gone- and man o man was it a hot one:- 40 degrees celcius on Christmas day from what I remember
smile.gif

I will have to say "Streets" for me. But really the entire Joshua Tree album. It brings back memories of the summer of 93 when I got the entire U2 back catalogue after becoming a die hard fan in 92 with Achtung. Joshua Tree is all I played duringt he summer of 93, more so than Zooroopa which was released that summer.

------------------
The more of these I drink the more Bono makes sense.. - Bean from the KROQ Breakfast with U2.

I've always thought that One Tree Hill and Heartland were THE songs to play while driving a convertible on a long stretch of road on a sunny day....one while the sun is high, the other at dusk...

*wishing*

Beautiful Day
Elevation
HMTMKMKM (This really reminds me of the summer of 95, my last summer before college)

Theres not much else I consider a "summer song"

------------------
Live As If You'll Die Tomorrow, Dream As If You'll Live Forever

Elevation (the Tomb Raider version).

------------------
Well, the God I believe in isn't short on cash, mister. --Bono

But a day will come
In this dawning age
When an honest man
Sees an honest wage.
--The Edge

I would say 'Heartland', the acoustic version of 'Staring At The Sun' and 'Wild Honey' are all good picks. Oh, and 'In A Little While', of course. I really hope U2 release IALW this summer. That intro drum beat was meant to be played alongside swimming pools at dusk.

------------------
The Tempest

[This message has been edited by Michael Griffiths (edited 04-16-2002).]

Originally posted by OzAurora:
so that song and the live version of Gone reminds me of the summer just gone- and man o man was it a hot one:- 40 degrees celcius on Christmas day from what I remember
smile.gif

You crazy southern hemispherers. What??Christmas in summer. That would screw me up if I moved down under.

Back
Top Bottom