What is your honest opinion of 'In God's Country'????

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I LOVE that song! The guitar is amazing!

------------------
Love rescue me, come forward and speak to me, raise me up and never let me fall...

In God's Country is amazing. And even more amazing was being at the Phoenix show when they played it for the first time in 15 years!!!

I love that song. I wish they had started playing it before the last few shows of the Elevation tour, but I'm glad they did finally play it again. I'm surprised it took 12 years for it to return to the setlists. Could Trip Through Your Wires be next?

Am I the only one who doesn't care for this song? The lyrics are very nice...picturesque....but not one of his best. I always skip this song. Especially since it follows something as heavy as Red Hill Mining Town. What can I say?

------------------
"Love is a verb..."
enterangell@cs.com

Originally posted by Slow Motion:
In God's Country is amazing. And even more amazing was being at the Phoenix show when they played it for the first time in 15 years!!!

I must get a copy of this,,,,,,,pppplease can anyone help me, anyone have an mp3 of it, how did it sound??? were the crowd aware of what song it was????, I am sooo envious I would love to hear this song live, my fave part of the Rattle video is always the bit that leads into In God's Country from AATWT, so can anyone help me out here???
smile.gif

I'll just join with everyone else in saying I lovelovelove that song. It's one of those songs which sounds beautiful whether you listen to it alone or as part of the whole album. Love it
smile.gif

OzAurora,
Oh my goodness, I wish you could have been there!!! It was so awesome!!! All of a sudden, Edge started playing this song acoustically, and there were a few screams here and there-my friends and I were freaking out-but when Bono came in with the words....man, I swear some people had to have gone deaf. It was sooo fantastic!!! And living all my life in Arizona, and hearing the song played after it had not been for so long, in Phoenix, I was filled with a sense of pride of being a desert girl!! I have a bootleg, but I have no idea how to do anything with it, but I'll definitely ask my friend who is a lot more computer savvy than I am if there is a way to send you an MP3 or something!!!
Love,
SloMo

Back
Top Bottom