What Is Your favorite Bono? - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > Everything You Know Is Wrong > Everything You Know Is Wrong Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 04-10-2002, 08:11 AM   #21
Acrobat

Local Time: 09:47 PM
R&H Bono wins hands down!!! love the long hair pulled back especially without the hat as in With or Without You - absolutely the best look with leather vest etc aaaaaahhhh now I shall have to play the video !!

Pamela

Old 04-10-2002, 08:18 AM   #22
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 06:47 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by DoTheEvolution:
Damn PLEBA topics!!!

I LIKE BONO PERIOD! Short, long, weird, messed up (mullet), black, brownish, hair BONO! To me he's the same man underneath. YAY FOR BONO!

You are absolutely right. I agree!

------------------
"We're one, but we're not the same..."

http://U2Baby.com

Old 04-10-2002, 08:33 AM   #23
Refugee

Location: living in a rock and roll fantasy- and what's wrong with that?
I disagree that Bono is always 'the same person inside.' If you've 'known' him for years, and listen to him talk, and watch the way he acts, you'll notice that he tends to change personalities and attitudes in each era too, and, like the looks, I find some more desirable than others. I will make categories of my favorites:

Best LOOKS:

Joshua Tree
The Unforgettable Fire
Achtung Baby/Elevation

Best clothes:

Achtung Baby
Joshua Tree
The Unforgettable Fire

Best hair:

Achtung Baby/Elevation- *loveth* dark, shoulder-lenght hair *sigh*
War/Unforgettable Fire- I'm a mullet girl
Joshua Tree- long, luxious mane I want to touch

Best PERSONALITY:

The Unforgettable Fire
War
Elevation

Best VOICE:

Unforgettable Fire
Joshua Tree
Achtung Baby
(ever notice the longer his hair, the better his voice? Maybe it's a Samson strength type of thing)

Enough Bono analysis, but I have observed him for many years, and those are my opinions. Yes I do consider myself a bono-fide Bono authority!
Old 04-10-2002, 08:53 AM   #24
Ana
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Location: Another Time, Another Place, in The Electric Co. ; behind the Shadows and Tall Trees
Local Time: 04:47 AM
He's always been the best, and looked the best in every era (yes, including pop era)

------------------
If Bono were a woman, I'd shirley be a lesbian- ME!
Old 04-10-2002, 09:06 AM   #25
ONE
love, blood, life

Location: Angie Jolie lover from Belfast Norn Ireland. I LOVE YOU ANGIE! Im a Bono fan!
Local Time: 11:47 AM
POP BONO CAUSE HES A SHAVED SHADEY HORNY FECKER IN TAT PERIOD AND I SO WANT TO SMOOCH HIS CUDDLY LOOK!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-10-2002, 09:25 AM   #26
Blue Crack Distributor

JT and R&H Bono.
The Fly Bono
Elevation Bono
Old 04-10-2002, 09:48 AM   #27
War Child

PLEBA or no PLEBA I'd answer this question even on the grounds that it may incriminate me.

But everyone knows what I like and Bono looked best in the leather jacket, the leather boots, the sexy long hair, the dimpled chin, the sexy long hair, oops I said that already...there's just something mysteriously sexy about the man

K, that's all I wanted to say

Peace
Old 04-10-2002, 09:51 AM   #28
Refugee

Quote:
Originally posted by icelady:
PLEBA or no PLEBA I'd answer this question even on the grounds that it may incriminate me.

But everyone knows what I like and Bono looked best in the leather jacket, the leather boots, the sexy long hair, the dimpled chin, the sexy long hair, oops I said that already...there's just something mysteriously sexy about the man

K, that's all I wanted to say

Peace
Amen sister!

Old 04-10-2002, 10:00 AM   #29
The Fly

Mirrorball Man
Old 04-10-2002, 11:36 AM   #30
Refugee

Quote:
Originally posted by Desire4Bono:
I disagree that Bono is always 'the same person inside.' If you've 'known' him for years, and listen to him talk, and watch the way he acts, you'll notice that he tends to change personalities and attitudes in each era too, and, like the looks, I find some more desirable than others.
I'm sorry but that is silly to me! I always shake head when people say that. And I SO disagree! He may change personalities on stage, but not as to he is as a person. Even during POP he was still doing all the political stuff he has been doing forever and showing he cared. And we don't know him personally, no how matter how much we have been fan.... he was probably the same old Bono when he went home to his wife and kids.

------------------
"It's Evolution Baby!"
Old 04-10-2002, 11:38 AM   #31
Refugee

with that said, above, I'm stay away from this topic! Damn PLEBA threads to hell!

------------------
"It's Evolution Baby!"
Old 04-10-2002, 11:40 AM   #32
Refugee

Well, since we DON'T know him, we will never know. I wasn't just going by stage personas, I was going by interviews, comments and video clips and pics and things he's done over time. He was different on the inside- JT Bono would never have wanted to shave his head and hang out in dance clubs, he was a different person. He became much more of a drinker and party boy as time went on, and he has gone through various stages of spirituality. Elevation Bono was a much more soft and cuddly, nostalgic, God is in the house, caring, less arrogant Bono than he had been the last few years. He has changed, not just physically, but emotionally and spiritually and more. Like Edge says, 'he's a great bunch of guys.' But really, none of us know him personally so we can't accurately say.

[This message has been edited by Desire4Bono (edited 04-10-2002).]
Old 04-10-2002, 11:43 AM   #33
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

All of 'em. It's the same guy underneath.
Old 04-10-2002, 11:43 AM   #34
Refugee

Quote:
Well, since we DON'T know him, we will never know. I wasn't just going by stage personas, I was going by interviews and video clips and pics and things he's done over time. But really, none of us know him personally so we can't accurately say.
Ok last thing! EXACTLY! So I don't get it when people in the past have said "He wasn't the same man" blah blah stuff. Its like... Oh my!"

------------------
"It's Evolution Baby!"
Old 04-10-2002, 11:50 AM   #35
Refugee

Quote:
Originally posted by sulawesigirl4:
All of 'em. It's the same guy underneath.
Sigh, not again. No he isn't. He has changed on the inside as well as the outside, personality, attitude, ways, and it's all a part of the package at the time. Like I tried to say, some are more desirable and appealing than others. His images are more than clothes and hair, more than skin deep, so I consider not just the looks but the entire package.
Old 04-10-2002, 11:54 AM   #36
Refugee

Quote:
Originally posted by DoTheEvolution:
Ok last thing! EXACTLY! So I don't get it when people in the past have said "He wasn't the same man" blah blah stuff. Its like... Oh my!"

Just as I don't know for sure, neither do you, so you can't say for sure he was 'the same man underneath blah blah.' I get sick when people say that, it's like they're trying to be sanctimonious or trying to prove they are somehow a 'better person' by going 'looks don't matter' and all that garbage. Remember what Edge said "A great bunch of guys" that has to tell you something. He is one, but he is not the same! Truthfully, NONE of us know this for sure, so it's really crazy to fight over something that cannot be proven right or wrong.

Old 04-10-2002, 12:48 PM   #37
the invisible woman

Quote:

Just as I don't know for sure, neither do you, so you can't say for sure he was 'the same man underneath blah blah.' I get sick when people say that, it's like they're trying to be sanctimonious or trying to prove they are somehow a 'better person' by going 'looks don't matter' and all that garbage. Remember what Edge said "A great bunch of guys" that has to tell you something. He is one, but he is not the same! Truthfully, NONE of us know this for sure, so it's really crazy to fight over something that cannot be proven right or wrong.
So why bring it up all the time? In the past people have always said, Bono changed during this period, his personality wasn't the same. If no one knows for sure? Yet, people still say that, like you, in your previous post? But I understand its your own personal opinion!

I just HONESTLY think, a lot people get so hunged up on Bono's looks! I've said in the past I don't care how he looks, and really I don't. And I know it's different for everyone, so maybe I'm just trying to understand the why people feel how they do. Maybe that's why in the past I argued too much with people. I'm still puzzled by how some people think, but I'm learning to just say.. "well, that's how they feel" Maybe I'm just Weird.

------------------
Looking for the one
But you know you're
somewhere else instead..
I want to be the song
Be the song that you hear in your head .....

(.(*. .*).)
.. *Monica*..
(.(.* *.).)
Old 04-10-2002, 12:51 PM   #38
War Child

My favorite Bono has plenty of jet black hair, black leather, no facial hair to spoil his cute cheeks or dimpled chin, and no shades to cover the baby blues. If he has all the other things in my recipe, I can deal with the shades. So that describes either AB Bono or current Bono, those are the best to me. I also have a sort of crush on mid-80's Bono with the little beret-type hat.

------------------
~"Mirrors on the ceiling, we drink champagne on ice, and she said "we are all just prisoners here, of our own device"~

From Hotel California, but referring to those of us trapped in Mr. MacPhisto's dungeon
Old 04-10-2002, 12:59 PM   #39
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Errrm, as soon as Ali or one of the band members starts posting here and gives us the real scoop on Bono's changing or unchanging personality, I will reserve the right to my own opinion. Thanks!
Old 04-10-2002, 03:12 PM   #40
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 09:47 PM
just like my tea, as it comes.
Bono just has cool in the bag imho, throughout all his changing public personas.
If I had to be on a desert island with only one Bono/U2 pic it would be b&w band rehearsal, late 80's. Those were the days.....