What is your #1 U2 song and why?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Wowy23

The Fly
If you twisted my arm and I had to pick one song as my favorite it would be = "Who's gonna ride your wild horses" because it takes me to a time when I fell in love for the first time. The song reminds me of that girl and of our relationship that ended so prematurely.

I Will Follow, without a hesitation.

Why?

It's the first song on the first album and it has such an energy! And a while ago I decided this was my favourite U2 song, so I could stop worrying about which one to choose (as there are so many great U2 songs). I may like others more, but when asked this question I Will Follow is my answer.

C ya!

Marty

Right now I will answer with Running To Stand Still, because it symbolizes the beginning of my obsessive fanship of U2 :D

LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:
Right now I will answer with Running To Stand Still, because it symbolizes the beginning of my obsessive fanship of U2 :D

Please - it symbolizes the beginning of my obsessive fanship of U2. It was the first U2 song I heard. (Rock music was considered 'satan's music' growing up. Now my parents LOVE U2. HAHA). Please was the very first U2 song I heard, and it has always been my all-time favorite song, especially the live version from PopMart. I was so happy when U2 added it towards the end at Elevation, but upset that it was only acoustic. Bummer.

Although Ultraviolet is my favorite song from my favorite album, it still loses out to Kite. Kite is my all-time favorite song. It's hard to describe why other than probably the age at which I heard it. It was around the first time I was thinking about getting "older" and actually having these larger responsibilites in life, while also understanding the point of view of a child growing up too fast and moving on from your family.

Other than that it probably has brought more chills and tears to my eyes than any other U2 song. brought me to tears all 3 times I saw them play it during Elevation tour too. Great song.

I Can't believe you're making me choose just one!! :wink:

But, I think I'll go with One, 'cause other than being very emotional, It's the first song I've heard of them (u know the whole nostalgic feeling) and it's my favourite from my favourite album, closely followed by Wild Horses and Acrobat.

TheDaddy said:
Only 1? you have to be joking!:huh: :huh:

It may seem sacrilegious to ask to choose just one but you must have one song that means the most to you or maybe that affected you the most for the first time. Maybe I should've rephrased it to 'What song means the most to you' but then again, it could be a list of them!

"A Sort of Homecoming," 'cause it's my favorite song from The Unforgettable Fire, which was the first thing I ever fell in love with.

With or Without You. It was the first U2 song I ever heard. I went from knowing nothing about them to being an obssessed fan within the space of about three minutes. That's how powerfully WOWY affected me. And it still gives me goosebumps all these years later.

Damn, this is tough. "Even Better Than the Real Thing". It's got so much emotion in it. So many U2 songs do, of course.......can I pick another one, too? No?:(

In the end, it has to be "Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For." The song that brought me to U2 more than any other one, and one that expresses the feeling of always searching for more, and for finding what seems beyond us. It's at the heart of the Joshua Tree and U2 itself.

Squishy Peanut said:
In A Little While, just cos it's a gorgeous song and it reminds me of my dad (cos he would've loved it :)) :yes:

wow

it's my favorite one too :wink:

I love it because it made me love ATYCLB

and that guitar, so melancolic, then Bono's voice, so damn beautiful, and the lyrics

My #1 U2 song was, is and will always be Bad. That was my first song, the first I heard and the first time I saw them perfoming, it was during Live Aid, almost 18 years ago. Will never forget that moment.

"Angel Of Harlem".

It's the song that really started introducing me to the rest of U2's music, other than the big hits that I already knew of. And it's a fun song to sing along to, to belt out at the top of your lungs. The lyrics are fantastic, and I like the image it conjures-Christmastime in New York City-a perfect image for someone who likes winter.

Plus, it's kinda cool that there's a song with one of my nicknames in the title from one of my favorite bands, LOL. :).

It's just an excellent song all around. I love it.

Angela

Gone

because is perfect (Pop version, Best of version, live version... all!)

the lyric describes me in many parts (along with Wire) and musically is so cool, no, I cannot describe it well in few lines, I have a great obsession with that song

I'm Not Comin' Down! :cool:

Even though I think Where the Streets have no Name or With or Without You are U2's best songs, they arent my favorite (although they are two of my favorites.)

My favorite would have to be Discotheque... Just something about that song that I love... Live and both the POP and Best Of album mixes... It's just a kickass song...

ummm well if I HAVE to choose...It'd be Walk On! It just makes me want to get up and dscover things and travel etc...But I love sooo much of the older stuff....damn!

Back
Top Bottom