what is We Know Where You Live: Live!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

madonna's child

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
So, I was at Alan Rickman's Actor Page at Yahoo! Movies looking for a picture from Harry Potter and I saw in his filmography something called We Know Were You Live: Live! And that seemed like a strange title to me, so I clicked to see what it was. And this is the description that Yahoo! Movies gives me:

Presented by cross-dressing British comedian Eddie Izzard, this benefit concert for Amnesty International features an amazing array of comedic talent. Largely UK biased in its content, the show includes a mixture of musical performers (U2, Tom Jones, and Stereophonics amongst others), as well as some good natured banter from Izzard. Actor Alan Rickman joins in the fun, alongside Harry Enfield, Paul Whitehouse, Vic Reeves, and many others.

When the hell was this? I've never heard of it. What did they play?

As the description said, this was a benefit concert for Amnesty International. I think it was held in June 2001 (or something like that). U2 contributed Stay to it, recorded live in Toronto on 25 May. So they weren't actually at the concert, but sent out a pre-recorded song.
You can find this rendition of Stay on the Walk On single.

C ya!

Marty

I thought this was going to have something to do with the "we know where you park your car" think ;)

Popmartijn said:
...but sent out a pre-recorded song.

im quite sure the performance of stay was broadcast live to the audience in london watching the gig. i have it on vhs somewhere too, the whole gigs cool

It depends on what you call 'live'. Yes, the song was performed in concert. But between performing it and the AI concert is a few weeks...
:)

Back
Top Bottom