What Is U2's Worst Album?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

What is U2's worst album?

• Boy (I'm an outstanding debut album - don't vote for me)

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • October (I admit it, I'm not that good)

Votes: 47 39.5%
  • War (Bono's voice is crap, but I'm still good)

Votes: 4 3.4%
  • Under a Blood Red Sky (I'm a superb live album!)

• Unforgettable Fire (I'm a brilliant album - vote for me and die)

Votes: 5 4.2%
  • Wide Awake... (I'm very short - can I be that bad?)

Votes: 7 5.9%
  • Joshua Tree (I'm clearly over-rated - so who cares if you vote for me?)

Votes: 4 3.4%
  • Rattle & Hum (I need work, but am I the worst?)

Votes: 8 6.7%
  • Achtung Baby (I'm the best album of the 90's - you're a loser to vote for me!)

• Zooropa (I'm U2 at their experimental best!)

Votes: 8 6.7%
  • Original Soundtracks 1 (Hey! I'm not really a U2 album!)

Votes: 10 8.4%
  • Pop (I was a bit rushed, but am I that bad?)

Votes: 13 10.9%
  • Best Of (I'm just a rehash - but a rehash of brilliant stuff!)

Votes: 3 2.5%
  • All That You... (I won 7 Grammy's! I can't be the worst!)

Votes: 7 5.9%

• Total voters

doctorwho

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
My TARDIS - currently located in Valparaiso, IN
O.K., enough with all of these positive threads. Time for some very negative thinking. :sexywink:

Which album do you think is U2's worst album? If you can't answer the question that way, then, which album do you consider your least favorite?

damn you, doctorwho!!! HOw can you make me pick? :scream:

oh but I do like the little ()'s. :lol: Very clever. :p

*goes away to ponder the choices*

Angel said:
experimental best?

and

scatteroflight said:

By the way, the bias in the comments next to the choices is totally reprehensible!

I had nothing to do with what the albums thought of themselves. Clearly "Zooropa" thought very highly of itself, although I think poor "October" has a complex. And I think "Joshua Tree" and "Achtung Baby" have got attitudes, not to mention some rivalry.

Last edited:
Come on people, except for maybe 2 songs Passengers SUCKED! I can't believe I was the only one.....

I agree Spyplane!

Except for the exceptionally hot Your Blue Room and a couple others. Passengers has got to be the worst. October may not be their tighest albumn but the title track makes up for it.

I love being the only one voting for something...
Wide Awake.. two live songs and two songs I don't particularly care for. While Bad and ASOH do give it some love, if Satan came to me and said "Give me one of your U2 albums or I will steal your soul" that would definately be the first to go.
*clings tightly to passengers and pop*
[/random unnecessary babbling]

Spyplane said:
Come on people, except for maybe 2 songs Passengers SUCKED! I can't believe I was the only one.....

[color=royal blue]I'm with you! I could never get into that too much.....I can't believe so many people dislike "October!" :( I love "October." I even wrote a poem referring to it fer English class.

Darn it. :p

To each his own, I s'pose.
[/color]

R&H is a mess, it has some great songs on it but it just doesn't work as a cohesive album.

And it shows on October that Bono's lyrics were lost. I think it is a miracle that it wasn't much, much worse.

I guess I will go with all the sheep and say Oct. Although only cuz I do listen to it the least. It is not really bad.

GypsyHeartgirl said:
Doctorwho, I'll give you three guesses what I voted for. It's got 3 letters in the title, and it's not from the 80's! ;)

This is an edit since I made a lame mistake and was too late to edit.

Okay don't guess too hard, it's Pop. I don't like it. I didn't like it when it was new and I still don't like it at all.

I voted for October. Out of all of U2's albums, I'd say it's the weakest one to me (I don't count Passengers as a U2 album, so I didn't even consider it in this poll :)).

That said, I still like listening to October. The title track is beautiful, Tomorrow sounds really cool (I wonder what they could've done with it if the album wasn't rushed and lyrics lost) and Gloria, aside from being a great song, contains some of Adam's best playing, imo.

I don't understand you crazy people.

I love Passengers.

Sure, it's not as inspirational or deep as a U2 album gets, but it is still very good IMO.

Anyway.. I voted for Under a Blood Red Sky. I got it for my birthday, last year, and I have only listened to it twice -- the first time, last year in July, and the second time was when I let it repeat on that same day. ;)

GypsyHeartgirl said:

This is an edit since I made a lame mistake and was too late to edit.

Okay don't guess too hard, it's Pop. I don't like it. I didn't like it when it was new and I still don't like it at all.

Hey if you spell it p0p then you're not wrong at all.

...except for the whole pop hating thing of course.

oops. don't shoot me. that was supposed to be a joke. hopefully we have a sense of humour today.

Last edited:
SkeeK said:

Hey if you spell it p0p then you're not wrong at all.

...except for the whole pop hating thing of course.

oops. don't shoot me. that was supposed to be a joke. hopefully we have a sense of humour today.

Oh that's okay I think my Pop hating has become a staple and well known fact of this forum! :lol: :laugh:

AcrobatMan said:
No doubt in my mind - ZOOROPA..btw who voted for TJT apart from doctor who ... :)

*is scandalized!

Why, I'd never vote for that over-rated, self-centered, big-voiced, diamond-selling, echo-using, egocentric, fan-worshipping album.

Well..

would I?

;)

If I did, it was only done to keep JT in its place. My copy has copped an attitude lately. It knows how much I love the live versions of "One Tree Hill" so it's been strutting around the house acting all important. I put on the "Elevation" DVD just to shut it up.

doctorwho said:

HUH?!?!? You hate "Pop"?!?! Who would have thought it? I mean, you love Bono's hair during that period, so I thought for sure you'd like this album.

:D

Blargh, I was trying to leave my hatred for the Pop look out of it, but now you've forced me into it. My hatred for Pop definately includes the way he looked at the time and the way he was acting. So it's a complete package, I hated the way he looked, sounded and acted. I HATE POP! I hate the era and everything about it.

Passengers really shouldn't be on the list since it's not a real U2 album, but then again, neither was Pop, because during that time they were killed and replaced by evil robots from the future who were sent to trash their careers so their music would never bring peace and harmony to the earth, and futuristic societies would not be based on their teachings! Why Chuck DeNomolous hated Bono so much because he was beautiful that he refused to give the Bono robot any hair. He wanted him ugly and baldheaded just like him. But fortunately, the real U2, in the afterlife, were able to beat Death in chess thanks to Bono's expertise best 5 out of 7 and won their lives back, just in time to destroy the evil Pop U2 robots and save their careers!

Party on dudes, and be excellent to each other!;)

Last edited:
I voted for October.

It's not a bad album, it's just one I listen to the least.

GypsyHeartgirl said:

Blargh, I was trying to leave my hatred for the Pop look out of it, but now you've forced me into it. My hatred for Pop definately includes the way he looked at the time and the way he was acting. So it's a complete package, I hated the way he looked, sounded and acted. I HATE POP! I hate the era and everything about it.

Passengers really shouldn't be on the list since it's not a real U2 album, but then again, neither was Pop, because during that time they were killed and replaced by evil robots from the future who were sent to trash their careers so their music would never bring peace and harmony to the earth, and futuristic societies would not be based on their teachings! Why Chuck DeNomolous hated Bono so much because he was beautiful that he refused to give the Bono robot any hair. He wanted him ugly and baldheaded just like him. But fortunately, the real U2, in the afterlife, were able to beat Death in chess thanks to Bono's expertise best 5 out of 7 and won their lives back, just in time to destroy the evil Pop U2 robots and save their careers!

Party on dudes, and be excellent to each other!;)

Your killing me gypsygirl...
your killing me :(

Pop rocks!!

Back
Top Bottom