What Is U2's Worst Album?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

What is U2's worst album?

• Boy (I'm an outstanding debut album - don't vote for me)

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • October (I admit it, I'm not that good)

Votes: 47 39.5%
  • War (Bono's voice is crap, but I'm still good)

Votes: 4 3.4%
  • Under a Blood Red Sky (I'm a superb live album!)

• Unforgettable Fire (I'm a brilliant album - vote for me and die)

Votes: 5 4.2%
  • Wide Awake... (I'm very short - can I be that bad?)

Votes: 7 5.9%
  • Joshua Tree (I'm clearly over-rated - so who cares if you vote for me?)

Votes: 4 3.4%
  • Rattle & Hum (I need work, but am I the worst?)

Votes: 8 6.7%
  • Achtung Baby (I'm the best album of the 90's - you're a loser to vote for me!)

• Zooropa (I'm U2 at their experimental best!)

Votes: 8 6.7%
  • Original Soundtracks 1 (Hey! I'm not really a U2 album!)

Votes: 10 8.4%
  • Pop (I was a bit rushed, but am I that bad?)

Votes: 13 10.9%
  • Best Of (I'm just a rehash - but a rehash of brilliant stuff!)

Votes: 3 2.5%
  • All That You... (I won 7 Grammy's! I can't be the worst!)

Votes: 7 5.9%

• Total voters
20 people voted for October?! :sad: Oh, well, I forgive ya! :wink:

Anyway...I voted for "Best Of" just because I just can't seem to think in terms of "worst" album.

GypsyHeartgirl said:

Blargh, I was trying to leave my hatred for the Pop look out of it, but now you've forced me into it. My hatred for Pop definately includes the way he looked at the time and the way he was acting. So it's a complete package, I hated the way he looked, sounded and acted. I HATE POP! I hate the era and everything about it.

:yawn: So what else is new?

Anyway.....

No votes for Achtung baby!:eyebrow:

:madspit: to all the people who voted the JT!!
And double :madspit: :madspit: To Dr. Who for voting and rambling on how overrated JT is! :eeklaugh: :evil: :laugh: lol

Last edited:
GypsyHeartgirl said:

This is an edit since I made a lame mistake and was too late to edit.

Okay don't guess too hard, it's Pop. I don't like it. I didn't like it when it was new and I still don't like it at all.

this makes more sense gypsy, the first post had me :scratch: thinking, she dislikes AB?!

*Wonders who else voted for ATYCLB??*

I hardly find any U2 album as a bad one, maybe I voted for this only because is the only one that has dissapointed me in a way, still it has some brilliant moments.

DoTheEvolution said:

And double :madspit: :madspit: To Dr. Who for voting and rambling on how overrated JT is! :laugh: lol

For the last time, I can't help what the albums thought of themselves. Don't your U2 albums have their own thoughts and lives? For example, right now, "Zooropa" is watching a DVD of ZOO TV while "Achtung Baby" is cooking up some burgers. It looks like "Joshua Tree" is telling off poor "Rattle & Hum" about how it's nothing without him, while "October" has locked itself into a closet.

doctorwho said:

For the last time, I can't help what the albums thought of themselves. Don't your U2 albums have their own thoughts and lives? For example, right now, "Zooropa" is watching a DVD of ZOO TV while "Achtung Baby" is cooking up some burgers. It looks like "Joshua Tree" is telling off poor "Rattle & Hum" about how it's nothing without him, while "October" has locked itself into a closet.

I found your (or, I suppose, THEIR) comments amusing, personally, even though I didn't necessarily agree with all of them.

Lilly said:
mr. swallow:

your sig and avatar's will most likely give me nightmares for years.

:yes: Ew! Me too!

I remember a couple months ago at school Creed was on TV for something and one of my roomies came over and saw and she was like, "Wow! Scott Stapp really IS hot!"

Um...'Kay, if you consider a guy who looks like a monkey with a broken nose hot...sure...

Sorry, sorry, o/t...Okay...hmmmm....Long live U2!:sexywink:

wertsie said:

:yes: Ew! Me too!

I remember a couple months ago at school Creed was on TV for something and one of my roomies came over and saw and she was like, "Wow! Scott Stapp really IS hot!"

Um...'Kay, if you consider a guy who looks like a monkey with a broken nose hot...sure...

Sorry, sorry, o/t...Okay...hmmmm....Long live U2!:sexywink:

Bwhahahahaha:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

COME ON PEOPLE!!!

WHAT IS WRONG WITH ALL OF YOU!!!!!

well.. WHAT IS WRONG WITH 42% OF YOU!?!?!?!??!?!

October is a fantastic album for it's time!!!!

GLORIA??? Ever see 'Under A Blood Red Sky'???

OCTOBER??? HELLO!?!?!??!! I made my 2nd ever film in film school set to that song... for a reason!! GREAT simplistic piano...

WITH A SHOUT..... such a strong song.....I THREW A BRICK...

this album captures the feel of Ireland in that time....

TOMORROW... so haunting!!!

and all you Larry-lovers... listen to his early drumming skills during REJOICE....

I suggest you people dust off your copies of 'OCTOBER' and set aside a couple hours this weekend to listen to it.... TWICE!

DAMMIT!!!!!!!

....and you people call yourselves fans!

Geesh!

*no, really... I'm not that mad*

FLYNNTASTIC said:
COME ON PEOPLE!!!

WHAT IS WRONG WITH ALL OF YOU!!!!!

well.. WHAT IS WRONG WITH 42% OF YOU!?!?!?!??!?!

October is a fantastic album for it's time!!!!

GLORIA??? Ever see 'Under A Blood Red Sky'???

OCTOBER??? HELLO!?!?!??!! I made my 2nd ever film in film school set to that song... for a reason!! GREAT simplistic piano...

WITH A SHOUT..... such a strong song.....I THREW A BRICK...

this album captures the feel of Ireland in that time....

TOMORROW... so haunting!!!

and all you Larry-lovers... listen to his early drumming skills during REJOICE....

I suggest you people dust off your copies of 'OCTOBER' and set aside a couple hours this weekend to listen to it.... TWICE!

DAMMIT!!!!!!!

....and you people call yourselves fans!

Geesh!

*no, really... I'm not that mad*

I know, I know...It's my second-favorite album. I love it! But remember...worst doesn't necessarily mean that people don't like it.

I love october and I can listen to it all the way through.
I ESPECIALLY like the Tomorrow and Scarlet!!

But it just doesn't give me the same feeling as the others.

Yeah, see...I don't like the negative connotation of "worst." Maybe it should read "your least favorite"? Or, I dunno....Maybe it's fine as-is. What do I know? :p

rattle and hum

...though Desire, Heartland, All I Want is You, and a few others are good. But I think it flows poorly because of the mix of live to studio and old to new material.

Back
Top Bottom