What Is U2's Worst Album? - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > Everything You Know Is Wrong > Everything You Know Is Wrong Archive
Click Here to Login
View Poll Results: What is U2's worst album?
Boy (I'm an outstanding debut album - don't vote for me) 1 0.83%
October (I admit it, I'm not that good) 47 39.17%
War (Bono's voice is crap, but I'm still good) 4 3.33%
Under a Blood Red Sky (I'm a superb live album!) 1 0.83%
Unforgettable Fire (I'm a brilliant album - vote for me and die) 5 4.17%
Wide Awake... (I'm very short - can I be that bad?) 7 5.83%
Joshua Tree (I'm clearly over-rated - so who cares if you vote for me?) 4 3.33%
Rattle & Hum (I need work, but am I the worst?) 8 6.67%
Achtung Baby (I'm the best album of the 90's - you're a loser to vote for me!) 1 0.83%
Zooropa (I'm U2 at their experimental best!) 8 6.67%
Original Soundtracks 1 (Hey! I'm not really a U2 album!) 11 9.17%
Pop (I was a bit rushed, but am I that bad?) 13 10.83%
Best Of (I'm just a rehash - but a rehash of brilliant stuff!) 3 2.50%
All That You... (I won 7 Grammy's! I can't be the worst!) 7 5.83%
Voters: 120. You may not vote on this poll

 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 06-15-2002, 04:39 AM   #21
War Child
 
ishkash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: me!bourne
Posts: 751
Local Time: 12:18 AM
I voted for October, just to participate in the poll.
__________________

ishkash is offline  
Old 06-15-2002, 05:53 AM   #22
Rock n' Roll Doggie
 
elevatedmole's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: On a backwards river
Posts: 3,546
Local Time: 09:18 AM
Normal

I don't understand you crazy people.

I love Passengers.

Sure, it's not as inspirational or deep as a U2 album gets, but it is still very good IMO.

Anyway.. I voted for Under a Blood Red Sky. I got it for my birthday, last year, and I have only listened to it twice -- the first time, last year in July, and the second time was when I let it repeat on that same day.
__________________

elevatedmole is offline  
Old 06-15-2002, 07:29 AM   #23
The Original
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS
 
SkeeK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Hamilton, ON
Posts: 4,163
Local Time: 09:18 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by GypsyHeartgirl


This is an edit since I made a lame mistake and was too late to edit.

Okay don't guess too hard, it's Pop. I don't like it. I didn't like it when it was new and I still don't like it at all.
Hey if you spell it p0p then you're not wrong at all.


...except for the whole pop hating thing of course.

oops. don't shoot me. that was supposed to be a joke. hopefully we have a sense of humour today.
SkeeK is offline  
Old 06-15-2002, 07:59 AM   #24
POP for GIRLS
 
GypsyHeartgirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Stuck in the 80's!
Posts: 1,277
Local Time: 09:18 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by SkeeK


Hey if you spell it p0p then you're not wrong at all.


...except for the whole pop hating thing of course.

oops. don't shoot me. that was supposed to be a joke. hopefully we have a sense of humour today.
Oh that's okay I think my Pop hating has become a staple and well known fact of this forum!
GypsyHeartgirl is offline  
Old 06-15-2002, 08:41 AM   #25
Rock n' Roll Doggie
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Song of the week "sentimental" by Porcupine Tree
Posts: 3,854
Local Time: 02:18 PM

No doubt in my mind - ZOOROPA..btw who voted for TJT apart from doctor who ...
AcrobatMan is offline  
Old 06-15-2002, 09:05 AM   #26
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS
 
doctorwho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: My TARDIS - currently located in Valparaiso, IN
Posts: 6,361
Local Time: 06:18 AM
wink

Quote:
Originally posted by GypsyHeartgirl


Oh that's okay I think my Pop hating has become a staple and well known fact of this forum!
HUH?!?!? You hate "Pop"?!?! Who would have thought it? I mean, you love Bono's hair during that period, so I thought for sure you'd like this album.


__________________
https://u2.interference.com/attachments/forums/signaturepics/sigpic11661_2.gifI always wanted to be somebody, but I should have been more specific.
doctorwho is offline  
Old 06-15-2002, 09:10 AM   #27
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS
 
doctorwho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: My TARDIS - currently located in Valparaiso, IN
Posts: 6,361
Local Time: 06:18 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by AcrobatMan
No doubt in my mind - ZOOROPA..btw who voted for TJT apart from doctor who ...
*is scandalized!

Why, I'd never vote for that over-rated, self-centered, big-voiced, diamond-selling, echo-using, egocentric, fan-worshipping album.

Well..

would I?



If I did, it was only done to keep JT in its place. My copy has copped an attitude lately. It knows how much I love the live versions of "One Tree Hill" so it's been strutting around the house acting all important. I put on the "Elevation" DVD just to shut it up.
__________________
https://u2.interference.com/attachments/forums/signaturepics/sigpic11661_2.gifI always wanted to be somebody, but I should have been more specific.
doctorwho is offline  
Old 06-15-2002, 09:20 AM   #28
POP for GIRLS
 
GypsyHeartgirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Stuck in the 80's!
Posts: 1,277
Local Time: 09:18 AM
crys

Quote:
Originally posted by doctorwho


HUH?!?!? You hate "Pop"?!?! Who would have thought it? I mean, you love Bono's hair during that period, so I thought for sure you'd like this album.


Blargh, I was trying to leave my hatred for the Pop look out of it, but now you've forced me into it. My hatred for Pop definately includes the way he looked at the time and the way he was acting. So it's a complete package, I hated the way he looked, sounded and acted. I HATE POP! I hate the era and everything about it.

Passengers really shouldn't be on the list since it's not a real U2 album, but then again, neither was Pop, because during that time they were killed and replaced by evil robots from the future who were sent to trash their careers so their music would never bring peace and harmony to the earth, and futuristic societies would not be based on their teachings! Why Chuck DeNomolous hated Bono so much because he was beautiful that he refused to give the Bono robot any hair. He wanted him ugly and baldheaded just like him. But fortunately, the real U2, in the afterlife, were able to beat Death in chess thanks to Bono's expertise best 5 out of 7 and won their lives back, just in time to destroy the evil Pop U2 robots and save their careers!

Party on dudes, and be excellent to each other!
GypsyHeartgirl is offline  
Old 06-15-2002, 11:35 AM   #29
Blue Crack Addict
 
anitram's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: NY
Posts: 18,241
Local Time: 10:18 AM
I voted for October.

It's not a bad album, it's just one I listen to the least.
anitram is online now  
Old 06-15-2002, 11:50 AM   #30
ONE
love, blood, life
 
Basstrap's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Posts: 10,726
Local Time: 11:48 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by GypsyHeartgirl


Blargh, I was trying to leave my hatred for the Pop look out of it, but now you've forced me into it. My hatred for Pop definately includes the way he looked at the time and the way he was acting. So it's a complete package, I hated the way he looked, sounded and acted. I HATE POP! I hate the era and everything about it.

Passengers really shouldn't be on the list since it's not a real U2 album, but then again, neither was Pop, because during that time they were killed and replaced by evil robots from the future who were sent to trash their careers so their music would never bring peace and harmony to the earth, and futuristic societies would not be based on their teachings! Why Chuck DeNomolous hated Bono so much because he was beautiful that he refused to give the Bono robot any hair. He wanted him ugly and baldheaded just like him. But fortunately, the real U2, in the afterlife, were able to beat Death in chess thanks to Bono's expertise best 5 out of 7 and won their lives back, just in time to destroy the evil Pop U2 robots and save their careers!

Party on dudes, and be excellent to each other!
Your killing me gypsygirl...
your killing me

Pop rocks!!
Basstrap is offline  
Old 06-15-2002, 01:00 PM   #31
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
wertsie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: on a country road...
Posts: 4,752
Local Time: 09:18 AM
20 people voted for October?! Oh, well, I forgive ya!

Anyway...I voted for "Best Of" just because I just can't seem to think in terms of "worst" album.
wertsie is offline  
Old 06-16-2002, 01:39 AM   #32
Rock n' Roll Doggie
 
Giant Lemon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: out in the slipstream
Posts: 3,265
Local Time: 02:18 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Johnny Swallow
R&H is a mess, it has some great songs on it but it just doesn't work as a cohesive album.
Giant Lemon is offline  
Old 06-16-2002, 02:21 AM   #33
War Child
 
MiniFly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: At Johnny Depp's house.
Posts: 696
Local Time: 06:18 AM
I just don't like October. It has a good sound, real, well, U2-ey, but it doesn't have any texture to me. I love the other albums, so it's all good!
MiniFly is offline  
Old 06-16-2002, 03:08 AM   #34
Refugee
 
Mrs. Vedder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: In Eddie's Bed!
Posts: 1,790
Local Time: 07:18 AM
Normal

Quote:
Originally posted by GypsyHeartgirl


Blargh, I was trying to leave my hatred for the Pop look out of it, but now you've forced me into it. My hatred for Pop definately includes the way he looked at the time and the way he was acting. So it's a complete package, I hated the way he looked, sounded and acted. I HATE POP! I hate the era and everything about it.

So what else is new?

Anyway.....

No votes for Achtung baby!

to all the people who voted the JT!!
And double To Dr. Who for voting and rambling on how overrated JT is! lol
Mrs. Vedder is offline  
Old 06-16-2002, 11:38 AM   #35
Refugee
 
sparkys girl's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Texas
Posts: 2,084
Local Time: 08:18 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by GypsyHeartgirl


This is an edit since I made a lame mistake and was too late to edit.

Okay don't guess too hard, it's Pop. I don't like it. I didn't like it when it was new and I still don't like it at all.
this makes more sense gypsy, the first post had me thinking, she dislikes AB?!
sparkys girl is offline  
Old 06-16-2002, 11:47 AM   #36
Refugee
 
rafmed's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: On the moon's belly button
Posts: 1,255
Local Time: 09:18 AM
*Wonders who else voted for ATYCLB??*


I hardly find any U2 album as a bad one, maybe I voted for this only because is the only one that has dissapointed me in a way, still it has some brilliant moments.
rafmed is offline  
Old 06-16-2002, 12:10 PM   #37
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS
 
doctorwho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: My TARDIS - currently located in Valparaiso, IN
Posts: 6,361
Local Time: 06:18 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by DoTheEvolution


And double To Dr. Who for voting and rambling on how overrated JT is! lol
For the last time, I can't help what the albums thought of themselves. Don't your U2 albums have their own thoughts and lives? For example, right now, "Zooropa" is watching a DVD of ZOO TV while "Achtung Baby" is cooking up some burgers. It looks like "Joshua Tree" is telling off poor "Rattle & Hum" about how it's nothing without him, while "October" has locked itself into a closet.
__________________
https://u2.interference.com/attachments/forums/signaturepics/sigpic11661_2.gifI always wanted to be somebody, but I should have been more specific.
doctorwho is offline  
Old 06-16-2002, 12:11 PM   #38
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator
 
KhanadaRhodes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: a vampire in the limousine
Posts: 60,682
Local Time: 09:18 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by rafmed
*Wonders who else voted for ATYCLB??*
memememememememememememememememememememememememe!!!!
__________________
KhanadaRhodes is offline  
Old 06-16-2002, 01:49 PM   #39
Acrobat
 
lady lemonade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: where the shhhreets have no name...
Posts: 492
Local Time: 09:18 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by rafmed
*Wonders who else voted for ATYCLB??*
I hardly find any U2 album as a bad one, maybe I voted for this only because is the only one that has dissapointed me in a way, still it has some brilliant moments.
same here
lady lemonade is offline  
Old 06-16-2002, 02:08 PM   #40
Rock n' Roll Doggie
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Song of the week "sentimental" by Porcupine Tree
Posts: 3,854
Local Time: 02:18 PM

biased comments by doctor who on the POLL

*agrees with DoTheEvolution*

AM
__________________

AcrobatMan is offline  
 

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:18 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com
×