What is U2's hardest rocking album?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
DreamOutLoud13 said:

11o'clock. It's kind of amusing :cute:

yeah, it really is...i'm laughing...i've been seeing threads from 2000 in other forums, actually it's pretty cool...i didn't even know U2 had a place on the internet then...long live interference!

Achtung Baby

-Zoo Station
-EBTTRT
-UTEOW
-The Fly
-MW
-Acrobat
-LIB (outro)

Boy, War, & Pop close to follow

STING2 said:
Since there has been so much talk about how ATYCLB was so "light" and did not rock and all, as well has the hope for the new album to "rock", I was curious as to what U2 album people thought was the hardest rocking? Pick only one album please.

If I had to pick only one, I would actually say BOY is their hardest rocking album. Remember this is not necessarily a vote for your favorite U2 album, but which one you think has the hardest most energetic edge to it.

:yes: boy def rocking and very punk, also most underated :heart: it

AB is sexiest :drool: its all from the hips ...

Last edited:
The interesting thing I think is that despite its reputation, POP is clearly more rock than HTDAAB (the so called guitar-driven rock album according to Bono).

War rocks hard !:rockon:

I mean come on!, U2 didnt get any more rock than SBS and The Refugee! And its Larry's best album! He is so in his element. (but fingers crossed they give us some quality drumming oppurtunities on the next album! Larry is seriously underused!)

I think War beats Pop and AB, just because it sounds so much more driven. They are angry and full of energy and you can hear it in every beat, lyric and note. I love it!

Last edited:
BOY 8 Votes

WAR 21 Votes

Achtung Baby 22 Votes

POP 2 Votes

Rattle And Hum 1 Votes

October 5 Votes

HTDAAB 1 Vote

Remember folks, its U2's hardest rocking album, not what you think is U2's best album.

I agree that War has a certain drive to it, but at the same time it also has some mellow acustic pieces. In any event, my vote was for Boy.

October's rocking songs = 6

War's rocking songs = 5

Boy's rocking songs = 5

Achtung Baby's rocking songs = maybe 4

:shrug:

I guess people have many differing views of what a hard rocking song is. :wink:

The Electric Co aside, I wouldn't see Boy as a rock album at all, I see it very much in the post-punk Television/Blondie style. But each to their own.:|

Back
Top Bottom