What is u2's Finest year?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Zooropean103 said:
Don't you think 2005 was also one hell of a year?

Yes! It ranks up there for me.

Now the past couple of years, my interest has been migrating to other artists. Let's see what U2 comes up with next. I guess it's good in some ways that there's a fallow period like this.

1992 for sure! The year I not only discovered a whole bunch of new music but watched my first U2 videos, Mysterious Ways, EBTTRT, One,WGRYWH :drool:

On a vocal standpoint for Bono, and personally for how great the music was and how awesome their performances were, it's '87-'89 and to a slightly lesser degree '91-'93. But since we're talking about the entire band here and 1 specific year.

1987 = FACT

That year is their "11". Everything after has been a steady 10 though. But nothing in their career has, or ever will, match the impact and importance of U2 in 1987, period.

INDY500 said:
time.jpg

'87

I agree that '87 was monumental for them. They showed they were a force not to be reckoned with.

JCOSTER said:

I agree that '87 was monumental for them. They showed they were a force not to be reckoned with.

Even though the first time I heard New Years Day in 1983,
I thought I had discovered this phenomenal band, and I was right. '94 was unforgettable.
But the question is - what year.
In 1987 I was pushed over the edge (no pun intended) of their brilliance.
At that point the love was complete.:heart:

1993, followed by 2001.

also, song for song, setlist for setlist, quality night after quality night, you'd be hard pressed to find a better tour they've done than Vertigo.

sure, Zoo TV changed the landscape forever and is a bigger achievement than the Joshau Tree, but Vertigo had nary an off night, and let's not forget that they'd play for barely 90 minutes in '87, as opposed to the solid 140 minutes we get these days, and 2 decades worth of material.

Last edited:
As far as their best year as a band,

It's the year that made their career. Regardless of my favourite U2 album, the release of the Joshua Tree made them the band they are today in terms of focus and widespread popularity.

elevated_u2_fan said:
1978. It was all downhill from there :tsk:

When I saw the title of this thread I just knew some wag would come up with this answer! :lol:

Back
Top Bottom