What is U2's best music video?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I love the A Celebration vid. I love the song and the vid makes me chuckle. Aint seen it for many a year tho. Remember it being in a prison or castle and bono wi a nice pair of bright red jeans mincing around!
Of the better known vids, I would have to say that I like the unforgettable fire for no real reason other than i enjoy it AND The Fly vid as it heralded the reinvention of u2 in a BIG way.

The video for stay is strange, its like u2 have died and their inspiring a next generation of musicians, thats how i read it.

It's like my Favorite songs...Streets and Stay

Streets just gives you that whole U2 feel to it...especially JT era U2..hehe

Stay does evoke a little creepiness, but I just love how it was directed and just the emotion shown by the band

My personal favs are The Fly, I still haven't found what i'm looking for, Stay&Electrical storm - Larry :drool:

Beautiful Day! It captures the "lift" of the song! Whenever I see airplanes taking off, I think of this video and have to throw my hands up in the air and sing, "ITS A BEAUTIFUL DAY!"

I was also really impressed with the Original of the Species vid! The guys look beautiful, and the imagery is spectacular!

Last Night on Earth and A Celebration videos are so strange.
Like in A Celebration where the guy is just randomly on a horse at the end, then in LNOE when the army comes at the end.

sunday bloody sunday and where the streets have no name. and antons one.. how can u2 in drag not be amazing?!

stay & discotheque & electrical storm
i think i forgot one...but those three are the ones that REALLY stand out in my mind

New Years Day first; it's what first grabbed my attention in the MTV heyday to the boys.

Then:

With Or Without You
The Fly
Beautiful Day
City Of Blinding Lights
HMTMKMKM
EBTTRT

PLEASE---still makes me cry sometimes...
NUMB--I remember seeing it for the first time and going totally crazy!

Just changed my ming, STTTTTTTTTTTAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYY is the best, closely followed by Night and Day, The Unforgettable Fire, EBTTRT and a Celebration!

Guys a question about the Please video.

At one part there are a two people taking pictures of the old guy with the "please" sign.

There is "No Name" painted on the wall as a streetsign. Is that a link towards Where the streets have no name? :)

Generally U2's videos aren't all that great... the only reason I like some is because I get to see the band in em.

Anyways, I like OOTS, Beautiful Day, Please and Stuck in a Moment.

Back
Top Bottom