What is "U2's Beautiful Day" (it's on TV)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

chocky

Refugee
The TEN Network in Australia is screening "U2's Beautiful Day" at midnight on Sunday night. It's a one hour program - including ads.

Can anyone please advise what this show might be? I'm guessing it's an edited version of Slane or Boston.

This was broadcasted a couple of years ago all around the world (in North America it was on CBS) I think and it had 9 songs from slane:

Elevation
Beautiful Day
Stuck in a Moment
Out of Control
Sunday Bloody Sunday or Angel of Harlem (depending on which station was broadcasting it)
Where The Streets Have No Name
Pride
One
Walk On

I remember seeing that on CBS around Thanksgiving 2002. But it only had 8 songs (no Stuck) and they showed Sunday Bloody Sunday instead of Angel of Harlem. One thing I remember seeing that I wish they had included on the DVD are the little bits between the songs (at the beginning or end of commercial breaks) where the camera follows Bono around backstage. Does anyone else remember what I'm talking about? I haven't seen this since it first aired.

Yeah I remember that. I wonder why they didn't include the bits following Bono before the show on the Dvd?

It's an edited version of Slane. I think it was broadcast on Christmas Day instead of Thanksgiving here in the States.

kevink said:
I remember seeing that on CBS around Thanksgiving 2002. But it only had 8 songs (no Stuck) and they showed Sunday Bloody Sunday instead of Angel of Harlem. One thing I remember seeing that I wish they had included on the DVD are the little bits between the songs (at the beginning or end of commercial breaks) where the camera follows Bono around backstage. Does anyone else remember what I'm talking about? I haven't seen this since it first aired.

i'm 100% sure that stuck in a moment was broadcast because i remember burning a cd with those 9 songs, and later on with angel of harlem as well, well before u2 go home came out or was even announced (plus i watched it)

Yeah, it was definitely US Thanksgiving weekend (either Thursday or Friday night at 10:00) and I taped it. It got really terrible ratings, I guess because by the time it came on, everyone was passed out from too much turkey.

My favourite backstage moment: "Do ya think I have time for a piss?":lol:

bcrt2000 said:

i'm 100% sure that stuck in a moment was broadcast because i remember burning a cd with those 9 songs, and later on with angel of harlem as well, well before u2 go home came out or was even announced (plus i watched it)

That's odd because I don't remember Stuck airing. Maybe we saw different versions?

Back
Top Bottom