What is the meaning behind the "yeah yeah yeah"s in vertigo?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Basstrap

ONE love, blood, life
I am racking my brain here
I feel that there is a deeply profound meaning behind this, but I can't quite put my finger on it

please help me or I won't be able to sleep tonight

maybe they are saying "yeah yeah yeah", like in an ironic way.

It does't mean a damn thing, just like all the other Bono rants in other songs (the end of last night on earth 'ooohhuhhhhyehh', the 'wooohoo' in Elevation.
That's the most irrelevant part of the Vertigo to analyse. Bono's just rocking along with the yeh yeh yeh to give it more energy. He doesn't have to speak poetically and ironically all the time! ;)

no way man...

he definitly emphasizes the third "yeah" in such a way as to suggest that the whole preceeding song was a politcal commentary

Dude this is meant to be a raw rock and roll song not Shakespere. The yeh's don't have any profound or apparant reason. It's just maintaining the momentum of the song.

Fanman, I think you're taking this a wee bit seriously. The third 'yeah' is very profound, though. My mind boggles.

No one questions Bruce Dickinson.....yes THE Bruce Dickinson

Stick with him and you'll be wearing gold plated diapers.

Basstrap, I am with you brother! We have to get to the bottom of this mystery before I go insane!

I think Bonois trying to tell us that he's got the fever...

....the fever for more cowbell!

:tongue:

Inner El Guapo said:
No one questions Bruce Dickinson.....yes THE Bruce Dickinson

Stick with him and you'll be wearing gold plated diapers.

Gotta have more cowbell!!

No...anyways...the *yeah*. If I was to apply meaning to it it would go in the context of what I think the meaning of the song is....an exploration of one's spirituality when caught in a world of 'man's religions'....he's found truth and is saying yes?

I don't know...I thought the yeahs were just Bono being a rockstar and doing his thing.

You don't understand the yeah Yeah Yeah ? Good God ! Wake up man, they are references to the universe within mankinds combined soul that is becoming reawakened as each second ticks by only to revolutionize the atoms within the molecular constructure of the brain within. Good God man ! how did you not get that ?!? You have disgusted me. :mad: :eyebrow: :wink:

spew.gif

yeah yeah yeah......used in muic for the sake of adding vocals, not a bad thing.......sounds really good in vertigo

You ppl scares me sometimes...

There's no horns on this horse's head.

Don't try to find hair on an egg's shell...

Yeah yeah yeahs are just Bono going off... The guy is just excited singing the song...

U2_Guy said:
You ppl scares me sometimes...

There's no horns on this horse's head.

Don't try to find hair on an egg's shell...

Yeah yeah yeahs are just Bono going off... The guy is just excited singing the song...

Are you sure? I'm just not convinced.:|

"yeah, yeah, yeah" is the common latin interlude which roughly translated means "i cant think of any f*cking lyrics"

When you wake up in the morning and come log on here, you can tell which threads originated in the middle of the night. And when you're skimming through the thread, you can smell the hooch too. :wink:

Ok guys...heres the real deal of the 'yeah yeah yeah's. Edge sent it to me PERSONALLY the other day.

This is what he had to say :

The reason for the 'yeah yeah yeah's is that Bono is recognizing the fact that we are the most badass band in the world, and he says it 16 times, one for each album (All studio albums, UABRS, WAIA, Passengers, the Two Best Of's and this coming album).

So there you have it. :wink:

What U2fan101 said!

I'm scared now, cuz I was once counting those yeahs, like last week, trying to decide if I had the right number for some fevered post-line and I couldn't hear the sequence in my head, and I flashed on how it's definitely counting *something*...
you can hear it, bono yells it like he's looking at something before him in the landscape and he's shooting each one of them down with his 'yeah'.
Album count, something count, why not album count cuz sure
they should be saying right there as they end the song over my dead body
how they
killed me!

cheerio all!

Guys if Bruce Dickinson wants more cowbell, we should probably give him more cowbell! - just a thought

yeah, yeah, yeah! is cool and all but really the song would have taken off with a cowbell

P.S. you can buy More Cowbell shirts as bustedtees.com - they are HOT!:)

Back
Top Bottom