What is the highest amount of U2 shows someone here has been to?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
What is the highest ammount of U2 shows someone here has been to?

I've been to one so far: Elevation Slane I (25-08-01)...

...So ONE is the record until someone comes along and beats it!

(P.S. Please mention the shows if you can!)

Yeah, so this record is going to hold for about a second and a half, but here goes:

I've been to 4 shows, all on the Elevation tour:

1) Chicago 4- 5/16/01
2) Chicago 5- 10/15/02
3) Chicago 6- 10/16/02
4) St. Louis- 11/28/02

:heart:

I know I haven't been to the most, since I met some people who had been to 24 Elevation shows!

I've been to eight and all were Elevation shows:

San Jose 4/19, 4/20/01
Boston 6/5, 6/6, 6/8, 6/9/01
Oakland 11/15/01
Las Vegas 11/18/01

Wow!!

Hallelujah Here She Comes said:
Yeah, so this record is going to hold for about a second and a half, but here goes:

I've been to 4 shows, all on the Elevation tour:

1) Chicago 4- 5/16/01
2) Chicago 5- 10/15/02
3) Chicago 6- 10/16/02
4) St. Louis- 11/28/02

:heart:

Gosh, have you been time-traveling? I haven't heard about any shows slated for next month or November.......

*Just givin you a hard time* :angel: :wave: ;)

Re: Wow!!

bonosloveslave said:

Gosh, have you been time-traveling? I haven't heard about any shows slated for next month or November.......

yes. yes i have. so MEH!! :madspit: ;)

I'm goin' on little to no sleep here so please forgive my blunder. I actually caught myself on the first one, but the rest of them just slipped on in there. :der:

Well, until someone beats this, which will be in about a minute, I have been to 9 shows.

2 PopMart Shows and 7 Elevation shows. I loved them all.

Peace.

17 shows so far
Can't remember all the dates right now, but the 1st one which blew my mind at age 15 was Oakland 11/15/1987
Then on ZooTV saw them in L.A., Sacramento and Oakland
I saw the Zoorapa Tour in Bologna and Naples, Italia! Both unbelievable shows!
POP Las Vegas, Oakland 2x, and Roma, Italia!
Elevation San Jose 2x, Phoenix, 2nd leg LA 2x, Oakland 2x

All the shows were some of the best nights of my life.

:yes:

1 Joshua Tree, 8 Zoo TV/Outside Broadcast, 9 Popmart, 8 Elevation

But I KNOW there are some Interferencers out there that can blow me away. Alot of them went to most of Elevation.

I have only been to three so far...

1. Chicago Popmart 6/27/97
2. Detroit Popmart 10/31/97
3. Detroit Elevation 5/30/01

some americans i met in london had been to something like 17 shows just on the elevation tour :eek:
me:
popmart sydney
elevation london x 2
slane 2001
sydney, melbourne, brisbane, perth, adelaide 2003

I've been to 5 over 19 years !!

Edinburgh War Tour '83
Edinburgh UF Tour '84
Glasgow JT Tour '87
Glasgow Zooropa '93
Edinburgh PopMart '97

Guess I am due them a visit !!

:D

Well, it looks like Blue Room so far has seen the most. :up:

I've only seen 5 shows: :sad:

1992-ZooTV at Yankee Stadium, NYC
1997-Popmart at Giants Stadium, NJ
2001-Elevation Tour, 1 in June and October both at Madison Square Garden, and another in October at Continental Airlines Arena in NJ.

I have seen 7 shows:

3/92- Nassau Coliseum (Long Island, NY)
5/31/97- Giants Stadium (E. Rutherford, NJ)
6/19/01- MSG (NYC)
6/21,22/01- Meadowlands Arena (E. Rutherford, NJ)
10/24/01- MSG (NYC)
10/28/01- Meadowlands Arena (E. Rutherford, NJ)

Back in '87, I could've seen them on the JT tour, but I was unable to go because I was grounded. That sucked.

Every show for Elevation was amazing! Everytime Sgt. Pepper hit, the rush started to kick in. The goal is Elevation.

Ok, since everyone else is listing the shows I will try to do the same:

10-30-87 Chicago
3-27-92 Detroit
3-30-92 Minneapolis
3-31-92 Chicago
9-9-92 Detroit
9-11-92 Ames
9-15-92 Chicago
9-16-92 Chicago
9-18-92 Chicago
5-14-97 Memphis
5-16-97 Clemson
5-24-97 Columbus
6-27-97 Chicago
6-28-97 Chicago
6-29-97 Chicago
10-26-97 Toronto
10-27-97 Toronto
10-31-97 Detroit
5-12-01 Chicago
5-13-01 Chicago
5-15-01 Chicago
5-16-01 Chicago
5-30-01 Detroit
10-10-01 Notre Dame
10-15-01 Chicago
10-16-01 Chicago

Cant wait for the next tour!

A part of me wants to put down the shows I've been to, but at the same time, my heart goes out to those awesome U2 fans that our in parts of the world where U2 just have never come, or rarely makes it to their part of the world.

We are very spoiled here in America, and I remember that just for the Joshua Tree tour alone, U2 came to my state 14 times, and if possible, and if I would have had the financial means, could have seen them for all those shows.

We who have seen U2 only once should be so very proud that we were given the wonderful opportunity to see the greatest live band ever, if only one time. I realize that those individuals who are in markets where U2 visits your country or state alot on a tour do count it as a blessing. I know I do.

Chris

:yes: I totally agree, Chris. We have been EXTREMELY lucky in America. It always makes me feel a little sad to hear about fans who haven't even seen the band come to their country. I talked with a girl from the Philippines once who was in that situation.

Also, there's the ease with which we can get tickets...I never had any problem getting tickets to the shows I wanted to go to, and they were GOOD seats too!

spanisheyes said:
A part of me wants to put down the shows I've been to, but at the same time, my heart goes out to those awesome U2 fans that our in parts of the world where U2 just have never come, or rarely makes it to their part of the world.

We are very spoiled here in America, and I remember that just for the Joshua Tree tour alone, U2 came to my state 14 times, and if possible, and if I would have had the financial means, could have seen them for all those shows.

We who have seen U2 only once should be so very proud that we were given the wonderful opportunity to see the greatest live band ever, if only one time. I realize that those individuals who are in markets where U2 visits your country or state alot on a tour do count it as a blessing. I know I do.

Chris

Well said! U2 had only one date booked for Ireland, their home country during Elevation! This was changed to two due to the high demand.

But look how many they played in the UK then!

Joshua_Tree_Hugger said:

Well said! U2 had only one date booked for Ireland, their home country during Elevation! This was changed to two due to the high demand.

But look how many they played in the UK then!

:yes: I remember talking to lazyboy about this awhile back, and he was saying how hard it was for him to get tickets. He had to wait in line all night and everything! :sad:

wertsie said:

:yes: I remember talking to lazyboy about this awhile back, and he was saying how hard it was for him to get tickets. He had to wait in line all night and everything! :sad:

Yeah people waited from 8 p.m. the previous night (tickets went on sale at 7am) and still didn't get tickets! I saw the crowds myself and they were unreal! The phonelines were jammed as well. Suffice it to say there were a lot of disapointed people.

Slane broke the record for fastest show ever sold out - 80,000 tickets in 45 minutes!

I was so lucky to win 2 tickets for the gig in a competiton.

Joshua_Tree_Hugger said:

Yeah people waited from 8 p.m. the previous night (tickets went on sale at 7am) and still didn't get tickets! I saw the crowds myself and they were unreal! The phonelines were jammed as well. Suffice it to say there were a lot of disapointed people.

Slane broke the record for fastest show ever sold out - 80,000 tickets in 45 minutes!

I was so lucky to win 2 tickets for the gig in a competiton.

:confused: The really weird thing is, I remember Slane tickets being on sale for people here in the US. There's something wrong with that picture. :scratch:

I think the Irish people should have first pick always! :up:

my thoughts

well, i also hesitate to post the number of shows i've seen. it?s more than most, but nothing crazy either. i've got to say i have been very fortunate to have gone to so many, and in many different parts of the usa. i worked very hard for all the money i spent on the elevation tour, but more importantly, it was a period of my life where i could, responsibly, trot off across the country. last summer was an amazing experience for me, but, as chris elegantly pointed out in his post, there are many deserving fans who haven't even seen a single show and this needs to be kept in mind, too.

i will come out and say that i had a management pass for the usa leg of the tour. now, i will *not* say how i got it, except that it was through legit channels, and even though i didn?t ever need to buy a ticket to see a show, i almost always did and usually made sure to give the ticket to the most deserving fan i could find. i also spent a lot of $ just outright buying tickets for other people. i did this for friends mostly; people who couldn?t afford the show, or couldn?t score tickets and when i could. i even flew a few friends across country to a show! i know how special seeing u2 live can be for many people, so i tried very hard to keep the karma in balance. it's just so very wrong to have a ticket go unused when you can do something about it!

that being said, there were a few times when i did use the pass to just walk in the building, down to the floor, and into the heart. i travel a lot, and it was mighty convient to not have to worry about being caught off guard if the tour was in the same city as i.

as i reflect on last summer, i sometimes do wonder if it was all a bit excessive. many times i do, of course? but i think what i?ve concluded is that ?what?s excessive? is different for everybody. i mean, i love u2 and all, but there were times when even though i could, i chose not to see the show that night simply because there were more important things to do, or more interesting things to see (in the context of: i?ve seen u2 x number of times, but i have yet ever to see a certain meusum, etc..). also, i know this sounds strange, but i think you *can* overdo it and burn yourself out on u2 and for me at least, lose sight of whats so special about being at the show to begin with. so, for me it was a balance of all the excitement of a u2 show versus trying to keep it real.

interesting post. those are my ramblings.

namaste?
elfyx

Nothing really earthshocking compared to some people here but six so far:
- Rotterdam 09-01-90 Lovetown
- Nijmegen 03-08-93 Zooropa
- Rotterdam 19-07-97 Popmart
- Arnhem 31-07-01 Elevation
- Arnhem 01-08-01 Elevation
- Arnhem 03-08-01 Elevation

Even though I've been in the Heart twice I still consider the Lovetown show the best of the lot. They rocked back then, even from the stands. The crowds seemed to be better then also, singing 40 en masse during encores to bring them out. Nowadays its just one big lazy noise, just waiting for them to come again.

Back
Top Bottom