"What is the dumbest thing a U2 fan has said?"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
waynetravis said:
one of the comments from U2's last.fm page:

''I really enjoyed The Joshua Tree and Shake, Rattle & Roll.. but lately it seems like they are just doing the same thing over and over with little conviction, it's sad :/''

I prefer the ones who call the Edge a talentless hack :drool:

my friend the other day came up to me and said 'Whats that song called that goes But I stilllllll haven't founddddd what I'm looking for!!?' and I was like, thats the title, and its by U2. She's like, 'I figured you would know, but I wasn't sure!'
3.gif

they pretty much tanked after War

LemonMelon said:

But no one ever specifies exactly how early they mean. Some mean War others mean Joshua Tree. It's weird.

1978-05-31 - BBC Live Broadcast.rar (33 MB) - fix xx & remove space

hxxp://www.send space.com/file/z9n6t3

RademR said:
"One is a horrible song"

That's actually one of the smartest things a U2 fan has ever said. Goodness, that song fucking sucks.

Axver said:

That's actually one of the smartest things a U2 fan has ever said. Goodness, that song fucking sucks.
...as does "One Tree Hill" - don't worry, I'm only joking. But "One" really is overplayed now, I fear.

My suggestion: "U2 should care more about their fans!"

AtomicBono said:

how is that a dumb thing to say? bono's weight fluctuates as much as oprah's...:wink:

Not only is this true, but I can personally relate. I've got plenty of pics showing me looking good and others where the whales are complaining that they have no beach space left for them thanks to me.

Around "Boy", Bono was a lean fighting machine. By the UF tour, shirtless photos reveal extra baggage. But by JT, he's slim and looking good. By the end of ZOO TV we have Poppin' Fresh Bono. Circa "Pop", Bono's perhaps in the best shape ever. Come the Elevation and Vertigo Tours, we have walrus Bono. I'm sure Bono's working out again trying to lose it for the next tour.

Some of y'all have it lucky. Either you look good with a few extra pounds or you can stay trim. But people like Bono and me have to work at it.

Oh - why must everything we like be so fattening? (said in Homer voice)

doctorwho said:

Actually, this now becomes the dumbest thing I've ever ready by a U2 fan. :wave:

thank you, doctorwho.....

ONE is definetly overplayed on the radio and everywhere, definetly doesn't have that passion LIVE anymore (because Bono makes a boring speech before it) but it's still a great song.

Even if it's not your cup of tea....(which i don't get, but hey, it's all about opinions)....to say it's a terrible song, wow....

Last edited:
doctorwho said:

Around "Boy", Bono was a lean fighting machine. By the UF tour, shirtless photos reveal extra baggage. But by JT, he's slim and looking good. By the end of ZOO TV we have Poppin' Fresh Bono. Circa "Pop", Bono's perhaps in the best shape ever. Come the Elevation and Vertigo Tours, we have walrus Bono. I'm sure Bono's working out again trying to lose it for the next tour.

I think Bono works out before tours so he's usually pretty in shape for the beginning of the tour (also probably for album release so he looks good in all those magazine articles and music videos :wink: ), but gains weight toward the end of the tour and on his time off...compare, for example, Bono at the beginning of ZooTV to the end, or Bono at the beginning of Vertigo to now :wink:

so im going to hijack the thread momentarily and say what i think is annoying about other people talking about U2

so we're watching a video (john stossell) about foreign aid/poverty, and it showed some U2 concert footage (yeah i know, in my economics class!! i was happy) but then it goes on about bono's africa stuff and people in my class (who know i like U2) say stuff like "oh i wonder what he does with all HIS money"

that stuff is just annoying

Back
Top Bottom