What is the craziest thing Bono has done?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
they were mad because they didn't get to play pride i think... would have been a great promotion for the new unforgettable fire album, but bono took too long doing his thing with the crowd and all...

yet as it turns out bono's instincts were better than the band's at Live Aid....they should remember this when they try and promote the shit out of their songs

wow. i had no idea that the whole LIVE AID thing caused so much drama in the band... :ohmy:

..i thought what Bono did was cool :wink:

This isn't the picture, is it?

14c56278.jpg

ultravioletluvv said:

i'd vote for this as craziest Bono stunt... i mean, he coulda been killed so many times... scary to think about...

During the Conspiracy of Hope shows he would climb to the top of the highest point of the Stage structure. I saw them in the Meadowlands in New Jersey and that stage was a whole hell of a lot higher than the one in the picture above - absolutley insane for him to do this. I read somewhere though that Edge and Adam told him that if he continued to climb the stages they would quit the band. This was in the Unforgettable Fire era (circa), I wish I could remember what publication had this story in though.

Last edited:
I thought during one of the performances the tarp ripped while Bono was walking across it? :huh: Maybe I'm not remembering correctly.

Bono's dead... really

like McCartney... he didn't wear shoes

now Bono has the shades

that's why he wears them, so we can't recognize that...

:hmm:

:hyper:

The answer we were looking for was:
Tokyo, December 1993:
Bono wakes up in a crack den about to be bitten by a python.
Read the Flanagan book, that whole trip to Tokyo sounds nuts.

I'm not sure how crazy this is, but it shows evidence of being "crazy-tough". It was the first Elevation show In Miami and Bono just fell off the tip of the heart! He just walked right off into space. I couldn't believe my eyes. That must have hurt like holy hell. He got back to the catwalk/heart, and seemed a bit shaky (naturally).

But to his credit, Bono somehow shook the fall off and went on to turn in another great performance.

That's one of the reasons I love Bono so much. He's a tough bastard.

xana dew said:
I'm not sure how crazy this is, but it shows evidence of being "crazy-tough". It was the first Elevation show In Miami and Bono just fell off the tip of the heart! He just walked right off into space. I couldn't believe my eyes. That must have hurt like holy hell. He got back to the catwalk/heart, and seemed a bit shaky (naturally).

But to his credit, Bono somehow shook the fall off and went on to turn in another great performance.

That's one of the reasons I love Bono so much. He's a tough bastard.

Yeah, I was at that show. I thought he was dead and I had just witnessed the last ever U2 show. Luckily for all involved I was mistaken.

Back
Top Bottom