What is Bono chanting?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

elevatedmole

Rock n' Roll Doggie
During the beginning of UTTEOTW live on the Elevation tour, Bono would mutter/chant something under his breath. You can hear it on the Boston DVD -- but, I can't tell for the life of me what he is saying! Does anyone know?
icon24.gif

------------------
"I dance much better horizontally than vertically." - Bono

Popheart.org

Blargh. lol. I am listening to one of my bootlegs which has the chanting.. it sounds like he is saying something like "you gave me soul".

------------------
"I dance much better horizontally than vertically." - Bono

Popheart.org

i also have a chanting realated question. on the zoo europa boot, at the beginning of "can't help falling in love" bono mumbles some nonsense. i mean totally incoherant babble...

so, does anyone know what he says?

Originally posted by Stories for Boys:
i also have a chanting realated question. on the zoo europa boot, at the beginning of "can't help falling in love" bono mumbles some nonsense. i mean totally incoherant babble...

so, does anyone know what he says?

Lol. that part always cracks me up. I think he says "ezzoanagazzkillnofizzazzizza"

Truer words have never been spoken.

[This message has been edited by SkeeK (edited 05-13-2002).]

Hah, I always laugh at that part too.
smile.gif
I think it maybe has something to do with MacPhisto's parallels to the Elvis' fat, mumbling final days. Or Bono is just weird.

Originally posted by typhoon:
Or Bono is just weird.

------------------
I did my best, it wasn't much
I couldn't feel so I learned to touch
I've told the truth, I didn't come to fool you

I hope someone knows this! He does it in more than one concert, after the "Jesus this is Judas" shout. If you're referring to what I'm referring to, it rhymes and has meter, and is I believe usually 4-6 lines long. I think it starts with the words "you shake..." The only full line I think I can get is "gonna take your right hand baby."

anybody? Buehler?

i think it's "oh weema way oh weema way, through the jungle the mighty jungle, the lion sleeps tonight"

not really. honestly i have no idea what he is saying.

------------------
The more of these I drink the more Bono makes sense.. - Bean from the KROQ Breakfast with U2.

Originally posted by david:
i think it's "oh weema way oh weema way, through the jungle the mighty jungle, the lion sleeps tonight"

The first show I saw last tour, I thought he was saying 'macho man' instead of Mark Chapman'
redface.gif

We need a Bono translator like those lil' electronic translators they have
biggrin.gif

------------------
~Your insults and your curses make me feel like I'm not a person~
~The more people I meet the more I like my dog~

i'm embarrased to say this, but when i first heard him say the whole mark chapman part, i had no clue who that was...i must just be uncultured...

anyway, i'll always laugh at that part of zoo europa...bono sings that song SO well! i love it more each time i hear it!

Originally posted by typhoon:
Or Bono is just weird.

LOL
biggrin.gif

Or, Bono is just Bono and had something really important to say / sing but totally forgot the words....

------------------
She's gonna dream up a world she wants to live in / She's gonna dream out loud.
Visit my web page at www.u2page.com

My friend has a simple way for explaining anything incomprehensible that comes out of Bono's mouth...she says "That's just Bono speaking in tongues again."

Originally posted by Bulow:
My friend has a simple way for explaining anything incomprehensible that comes out of Bono's mouth...she says "That's just Bono speaking in tongues again."

I'm down with that!!

Originally posted by Gina Marie:

The first show I saw last tour, I thought he was saying 'macho man' instead of Mark Chapman'
redface.gif

LOL! You made my day, Gina Marie!
biggrin.gif

Anyhoo, I actually just love it when Bono chants, rants, even speaks in tongues or whatever during live performances. One of my faves is during the latter part of Beautiful Day (in the Boston vid), just before he says "The goal is soul!". And you can see that the people go crazy even if not all of them understand what he's talking about...including me. Bono chanting...just gives me the goosebumps.
wink.gif

[This message has been edited by dizzy (edited 05-16-2002).]

Back
Top Bottom