What influences do you want/awate for the next album?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
the tourist said:
How about U2 makes an album with a somewhat similar sound to Porcupine Tree's Deadwing album? Deadwing has one song on it (Lazarus) that could be a hit if it had a name like U2 behind it and the music itself is genius.

U2 doesn't have half the sack of a Porcupine Tree anymore.
It's true, prove me wrong otherwise. I'd love to see the musical creativity in HTDAAB that I see in any song track off of In Absentia, it's NOT THERE. Even fucking Axver could admit that?

U2DMfan said:

It's true, prove me wrong otherwise. I'd love to see the musical creativity in HTDAAB that I see in any song track off of In Absentia, it's NOT THERE. Even fucking Axver could admit that?

Why do you bother posting so much on a U2 site if you no longer like the band. Is it not a complete waste of your time?

U2DMfan said:

fucking Axver :hmm:

You said:

Everybody run and hide! The U2 geek police has arrived again!

I just find it a little sad and irritating to see the same people posting the same negative crap over and over. If you haven't liked U2 since Pop then fine but do the rest of us a favour, find a new band and move on. Alas, I guess this is how these people get their kicks..

roy said:

I just find it a little sad and irritating to see the same people posting the same negative crap over and over. If you haven't liked U2 since Pop then fine but do the rest of us a favour, find a new band and move on. Alas, I guess this is how these people get their kicks..

But wouldn't it be rather sad and boring, too, if everyone here was just saying "Oh, U2 is da best", "All U2 songs are just classics", "U2 is the greatest band of all time!". That would sound a bit boring to me.

U2DMfan said:

I can definitely admit that. There isn't a chance in hell U2 would EVER do a Wedding Nails, and the entire creative concept of In Absentia is so far removed from U2 and almost any of their creative directions that they wouldn't even think of doing it.

Though I certainly agree with the tourist that if Lazarus were a U2 song, it would be a HUGE hit. Shallow could've gone somewhere too. But haha, can anyone here imagine U2 making the 12 minute Arriving Somewhere But Not Here? I certainly can't.

Axver said:
But haha, can anyone here imagine U2 making the 12 minute Arriving Somewhere But Not Here? I certainly can't.

... but if they did, wouldn't it be amazing?

the tourist said:

... but if they did, wouldn't it be amazing?

'Amazing' would be an understatement.

But if Bad and 40 can reach that length live, can you imagine how long U2's 12 Minute Studio Beast would be live? :wink:

More instruments? I have really gotten into The Arcade Fire and Sufjan Stevens lately, and both have successfully made awesome music with an array of instruments. Would U2 be any good at it? I don't know, but I like it as an idea!

kakvox said:
More instruments? I have really gotten into The Arcade Fire and Sufjan Stevens lately, and both have successfully made awesome music with an array of instruments. Would U2 be any good at it? I don't know, but I like it as an idea!

I feel it would be a great idea

Axver said:

'Amazing' would be an understatement.

But if Bad and 40 can reach that length live, can you imagine how long U2's 12 Minute Studio Beast would be live? :wink:

Twenty Seven Minutes. The entire third encore. :drool:

kakvox said:

OR, at least real strings. The synthesized keyboard strings bother me.

the tourist said:

Twenty Seven Minutes. The entire third encore. :drool:

Then they make a studio song 27 minutes long and live it morphs into the entire main set. :drool:

:wink:

Axver said:

Then they make a studio song 27 minutes long and live it morphs into the entire main set. :drool:

:wink:

yeah, this would be very dream theateresque...............this is a progressive metal band who end many of their concerts with songs about 25-30 minutes...................it's amazing! i don't know if you know them, they just turn you over when they start playing those half an hour endless songs!

babyman said:

yeah, this would be very dream theateresque...............this is a progressive metal band who end many of their concerts with songs about 25-30 minutes...................it's amazing! i don't know if you know them, they just turn you over when they start playing those half an hour endless songs!

Have a look at who's third on my Audioscrobbler Top Artists Overall. I got into Porcupine Tree via Dream Theater. Petrucci is a god. :drool:

Axver said:

Have a look at who's third on my Audioscrobbler Top Artists Overall. I got into Porcupine Tree via Dream Theater. Petrucci is a god. :drool:

:) :) :) ax, you know what good music is!
I've seen dream theater last year in florence, they ended with A Change of Seasons, and dear old James La Brie had a voice that i can neither explain! :drool: i had the luck to meet john after the concert, he signed me 3 autographs, 1 even on my arm!
He was very kind, that night they didn't play metropolis, so i asked him: "John, why didn't you perform Metropolis?", and he went witha huge smile: "Ooooooh, you aaaaaaaaalways want Metropolis!" And I again: "But this is one of your best ever songs!"
And he smiling again: "We're bored with it!"
I wasn't believing my ears, Mr. John Petrucci himself was saying me personnally they "were bored with METROPOLIS!"
You may surely know this song, isn't it a progressive masterpiece??
John Myiung's bass solo is simply.......:drool: :drool: The whole song is simply :drool: :drool: :drool:

Back
Top Bottom