what inaccuracies or problems have you seen on the website?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

europop2005

Refugee
this isn't another hacking thread although it brings up alot of questions. But i'm just curious about what inaccuracies you've seen written on the website?

U2.com has ALL of U2's videos on...

:eyebrow: Where is Electrical storm video?

the lyrics for Mofo are censored...

I'll give you more when I think of them...

Repeatedly calling "Running to Stand Still" "Running to Standstill"

Incorrect setlists

Incorrect show info - theyve said stuff like "Wild Horses made it tour premier tonight" when it had already been played before

Linking to videos on YouTube instead of hosting them on u2.com.

Not an inaccuracy, but laughable at the least

BonoVoxSupastar said:

How are they censored?:huh:

atu2.com
Lookin' for a sound that's gonna drown out the world
Been around back, been around front
Lookin' for the father of my two little girls
Got the swing, got the sway, got my straw in lemonade
Still looking for the face I had before the world was made
Mother, mother sucking rock and roll
Mother
Bubble poppin', sugar droppin' rock and roll
Mother
Mother sucking, fucking rock and roll
Mother

U2.com
Lookin' for a sound that's gonna drown out the world.
Lookin' for the father of my two little girls.
Got the swing, got the sway, got my straw in lemonade.
Still lookin' for the face I had before the world was made.
Mother, mother-suckin' rock an' roll.

also, U2.com has the whole scat singing :blahblah: instead of what there's been sung.... the whole
Mother hopping sugar popping dropping rock and roll
Happy
Mother

Mother, mother, mother
Mother, mother, mother

stuff...

The first chat they had with the Edge was on 14. June 2001 when they were playing in Washington. It was the night the Edge was going to meet Jesse Helms. They had a transcript on the old site.

When they launched the new site in 2004 for the release of HTDAAB, I wanted to test their timeline, because it never worked for me before. Now it works, but I noticed they changed history just a little. It seems they think the Edge chat was in May 2001! :edge:

Galeongirl said:

also, U2.com has the whole scat singing :blahblah: instead of what there's been sung.... the whole
Mother hopping sugar popping dropping rock and roll
Happy
Mother

Mother, mother, mother
Mother, mother, mother

stuff...

True, but this is also how the liner notes are. There are several little bits of scatting all over Pop that weren't documented and probably wouldn't be considered "real" lyrics.

A sign of a rushed and unfinished album.

After the second Paris concert last year, U2.com led their review proclaiming how great it was that Bad was played.

... despite the fact it wasn't.

Their setlist statements have often been inaccurate. Sometimes, they put up the set before the show was even over - and it turned out to be WRONG. Their capitalisation was inconsistent: "Bullet The Blue Sky" versus "Pride in the name of love", and apparently U2 have a song called "Still Haven't Found". The worst part? I, a fan with entirely no official contacts, could have a completely accurate setlist complete with snippets and statistical details posted onto U2-Vertigo-Tour.com the second Larry finished 40, while U2.com with all their supposed official contacts couldn't even manage accurate setlists, and their attempts to provide statistical details were usually laughable at best. Sometimes, they'd even completely fail to note some really significant statistical detail.

Whoever maintains their setlists should hang their head in shame. :down:

Last edited:
The real question is, what inaccuracies or problems have you NOT seen on the website?

Back
Top Bottom