What If Bono REALLY Grew Out His Hair in '04?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

doctorwho

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
My TARDIS - currently located in Valparaiso, IN
This is a silly thread. :happy: I know most here are very serious, so I wanted to give a warning.

Some may think this thread is more suited for PLEBA, but given what I'm about to show, I thought this would be the better forum. :sexywink:

Back in '04, there was a lot of discussion about Bono's suddenly longer locks. And some wondered if Bono would try to grow them long enough to truly return to the JT/R&H era. While that look worked great then, there's someting about a man in his mid- to late 40's having long hair that just fails to impress. Still, what would Bono have looked like had he decided to do this?

Geddy Lee, the singer and bassist for Rush, basically answers that question. Here are some recent pics of Lee.

Rush1_807344_OTH_5Z.jpg
Rush3_807344_OTH_5Z.jpg

geddy_main.jpg

As you can note, Lee is even conveniently wearing sunglasses too. :D Some may argue that Lee's hair, which has receeded, is still thicker than Bono's and that may be true. But the point is, does this work on a 54 year old man? Hmmm.... :hmm:

Regardless, when I saw the photos, I immediately thought that this is how Bono would have looked. And I'm grateful that this didn't occur.

P.S. I adored Rush in the late 70's and early 80's, even saw them in concert. So sorry for teasing Lee, but really, c'mon. :wink:

^

EWWWWWWWWWWW Oh God No...I could NEVER picture Bono with hair like that

LOLOLOL
:lol:

doctorwho said:
This is a silly thread. :happy: I know most here are very serious, so I wanted to give a warning.

I liked it, 5 stars for effort at chatting about something that (hopefully) is fairly harmless...altho I know a couple of people who would likely want to roast you for mentioning Rush and U2 in the same thread heh...maybe next time, for greater effect, throw in a "Streets sucks monkey's balls and here's why" :giggle:

back on topic:

I thank the heavens this did not happen. I like Rush. I like Geddy Lee. However, I do not like his hair, or his glasses. Bono's got a great thing going on right now, hope he sticks with it ;)

Sorry doctor, i'm incapable of accepting silly threads that will not lead to intense flame wars...

Rush is such a better band than U2...it's not even close...hits like "Tom Sawyer" just own Streets, i'm sorry, but it's true...and talk about live, wow...Rush embarrasses U2

jk

Last edited:
Headache in a Suitcase said:
so he'd look like a douchebag.

ya know, we could have saved a lot of time if you had just posted "he'd look like a douchebag"

I wish you would say what you mean, your always beating around the bush. :giggle:

Headache in a Suitcase said:
so he'd look like a douchebag.

ya know, we could have saved a lot of time if you had just posted "he'd look like a douchebag"

Good point!

So, let's see if I got this right.... You look like a doucebag.

There, I think that sums it up.

:sexywink:

No spoken words said:
It is possible to like/respect both bands. I do.

Ask Phanan. He does too.

I do too (see my P.S.). But this thread is about the hair. And apparently, female products.

doctorwho said:
You look like a doucebag.

... which is, in fact, the correct lyric to the Springsteen song, not that you'd know it by the way Manfred Mann's version is sung.

speaking of Bruce, anyone like "Wish I Were Blind" by Bruce Springstein? I like that one a lot...

You know how Fabio is on the cover of all of those cheesy romance novels?

Well, I was in a used book store which was just packed with those, and I randomly picked one up and saw that not only was he on the cover, but that he had apparently written it, which was surprising, because I didn't even know he could read, let alone write :shrug:
...and then I opened it up for some reason and there was this huge fold out photo of Fabio lying nearly naked on his stomach at the water's edge on a beach, and I was like :yikes: and dropped the book.

All that said, that photoshop has scarred me for life. Thanks Pla :angry:

DreamOutLoud13 said:
...and then I opened it up for some reason and there was this huge fold out photo of Fabio lying nearly naked on his stomach at the water's edge on a beach, and I was like :yikes: and dropped the book.

You mean something like this?

david-hasselhoff.jpg

david-hasselhoff.jpg

david-hasselhoff.jpg

Dear God. If Geddy Lee doing his best impression of Bono as an aging progster wasn't bad enough, now this thread is going to scar me for life.

Somebody needs to go to Dublin and go Salome Out-takes on U2's recordings vault for the sake of Interference's sanity.

Back
Top Bottom