What happened to these songs?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Convoy

Acrobat
I was reading my Best of Proproganda book, and as I was reading the part where they are talking about ATYCLB as the new album, I was wondering what happened to certian songs. I'm sure this has been talked about before, but I would just like to know anyways.

What happened to the songs...
-Yesterday and Tomorrow
-Sometime
-Home
-The Moon and the Stars
-Original of the Species
-Jubilee
-Bulldozer
-Love and Peace (Soul)
-Stranded and Grace

Headache in a Suitcase said:
i'm gonna guess stranded and GRACE became a song that was on atyclb... elevation. :shifty:

Yeah, I kinda figured that, but I decided to put it on the list simply because its still a title that isn't on the album.

Yesterday and Tomorrow - they didn't want a song with a mixture of a Beatles title and a title of their own song from the War album.

Home - Home, I can't way where it is but I know I'm going home ...Walk On

Original of the Species - In the days when we were swinging from the trees (no question - the "origin of our species" are the days swinging from the trees as a monkey - ask Darwin)

Bulldozer - Elevation, excavation!

Jubilee - About a biblical era/event when debts would be forgiven. Unfortunately, ATYCLB never came out on time for early in the "jubilee" year (2000), and Bono never got to have all the third world debts forgiven (until now he still lobbies). So the song would be pointless

Stranded and Grace - Grace

Sometime - Sometimes you can't make it on your own

The Moon and the Stars - too many lyrics already that use the word moon and stars, so they probably shelved this.

Love and Peace (Soul) - Title is too cliche.

It has been said that Elevation and Bulldozer were two different songs. Bulldozer was supposedly Larry's favorite song.

Origin of the species was supposedly a new song they were working on for possible inclusion on the 2004 album, because it was left off ATYCLB. So we'll see if it turns up.

Love and Peace- Peace on earth?

The_acrobat said:
It has been said that Elevation and Bulldozer were two different songs. Bulldozer was supposedly Larry's favorite song.

Origin of the species was supposedly a new song they were working on for possible inclusion on the 2004 album, because it was left off ATYCLB. So we'll see if it turns up.

Love and Peace- Peace on earth?

These are all the songs it mentions in the article.

-Peace on Earth
-Original of the Species
-Stuck in a moment
-Elevatoin
-Kite
-Yesterday and Tomorrow
-Sometime
-Home
-In a little while
-The Sun
-The Moon and the Stars
-Wild Honey
-When I look at the world
-Beautiful day
-Jubilee
-Bulldozer
-Love and Peace (soul)
-Stranded and Grace

Entire song list:

-Peace on Earth
-Original of the Species
-Stuck in a moment
-Elevation
-Kite
-Yesterday and Tomorrow
-Sometime
-Home
-In a little while
-The Sun
-The Moon and the Stars
-Wild Honey
-Beautiful day
-Jubilee
-Bulldozer
-Love and Peace (soul)
-Stranded and Grace

Songs on the album:

-Beautiful Day
-Stuck in a moment
-Elevation
-Walk On
-Kite
-In a little while
-Wild honey
-Peace on Earth
-New York
-Grace

Songs On the album with same working title:

-Beautiful Day
-Stuck in a moment
-Elevation
-In a little while
-Wild honey
-Peace on Earth

Songs On the album, different working title?:

-Home ( Walk on )
-Stranded and Grace ( Grace )

The Songs left over:

-Original of the Species
-Love and Peace (soul)
-Jubilee
-Bulldozer
-The Sun
-The Moon and the Stars
-Yesterday and Tomorrow
-Sometime

discothequeLP said:
Bulldozer and Origin(al?) of the Species are rumored to be on the next album
Yeah Bulldozer is said to be on the next one....

the orginal article has Stranded, and Grace....these were two songs. the Prop has a misprint. and another name of the song was Sun, Moon, and Stars.

From what I heard the songs that weren't on ATYCLB are going to be on the new album.Correct me if i'm wrong on this.

jick said:
Yesterday and Tomorrow - they didn't want a song with a mixture of a Beatles title and a title of their own song from the War album.

Original of the Species - In the days when we were swinging from the trees (no question - the "origin of our species" are the days swinging from the trees as a monkey - ask Darwin)

Bulldozer - Elevation, excavation!

The Moon and the Stars - too many lyrics already that use the word moon and stars, so they probably shelved this.

You are completely wrong on these three. Origin Of Species is definately not Wild Honey if that is what you are implying. Bulldozer is also not Elevation, this has been confirmed by the band that they are two different songs. The Sun, The Moon and the Stars will most likely see the light of day at some point, may not be the next album though.

Here is the other thing to remember, these were working titles. So WHY on earth would the title of the song being to long keep it from being on an album? "Some" of you are "Stuck In A Moment That You Cant Get Out Of" and I wish you would get out of it!

One other thing to remember is that U2 has a ton of songs they have worked on or recorded dating back to the Joshua Tree era that have never seen the light of day. So just because they have worked on them before, doesnt mean they will make the next album or that they will ever see the light of day. Edge has remarked that they do have done alot of good stuff that didnt make albums for various reasons but will probebly be put in some type of box set someday.

Here are few others that I remember off the top of my head throughout the years that have never turned up that were not listed previously.

Prisoner Of Love
We Almost Made It This Time
Down All The Days (parts were later used for Numb, but this was/is a completely different song, sung by Bono)
Hymn To The Universe
Tough

There are tons more.

Back
Top Bottom