What exactly is happening in this video?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Infinity

Refugee
During "Yahweh" in Vancouver. Bono brings a HOT girl onto the stage, but she does something that makes him say "No" a couple of times. And then he just puts her back in the audience and seems pissed.

Anbody know what she did? Can anyone decipher what he was saying into the mic?

Oh and look at Larry as we walks away, really wants to laugh but is holding it in. :lol:

YouTube - Yahweh - Bono gets attacked by fan

I was at that concert. She was begging for a dance, he said something like "Wrong song" but then gave in and brought her on stage. She got frisky, wouldn't behave and then he had to sit her back down.

I think at one point he said something like "Even Yahweh has a sense of humor."

I think Larry looked more pissed than Bono did. Bono looked frustrated but did the right thing with the fan....I suppose there are those who want to take things too far and that's just tacky. Good for Bono handling it as he did. She was probably a drunken horney skank anyway, rubbing herself and her hands all over him. Yuck.

It doesn't look like that girl did ANYTHING wrong. At all.

I don't like Bono anymore.

:angry:

Agreed, plus she was pretty hot for a skank.
It's a rock and roll show for God's sake. To be fair, Bono handled it ok, it's people's reaction to it that cracks me up.

I think Larry looked more pissed than Bono did. Bono looked frustrated but did the right thing with the fan....I suppose there are those who want to take things too far and that's just tacky. Good for Bono handling it as he did. She was probably a drunken horney skank anyway, rubbing herself and her hands all over him. Yuck.

How can you tell Larry was angry? His back was turned the whole clip.

Anyway, it's Bono's fault for engaging in this kind of celebrity worship. The whole scene during "With or Without" you by encouraging this teenage girl to think of him as some fantasy boyfriend is sick and unhealthy. It's like, "I know you're dreary life doesn't allow you much fun with the schlepp you're likely to get, so here's a taste of what you really want." Perhaps he hasn't thought it through but I'd be really pissed if my girlfriend really wanted to snuggle up with anyone else including Bono. He shouldn't encourage this sort of "play". It's inappropriate for encouraging celebrity worship and thinking of him as something desirable on a romantic level, instead of just someone whose music fans like. It's not "down to earth at all."

Anyway, it's Bono's fault for engaging in this kind of celebrity worship. The whole scene during "With or Without" you by encouraging this teenage girl to think of him as some fantasy boyfriend is sick and unhealthy. It's like, "I know you're dreary life doesn't allow you much fun with the schlepp you're likely to get, so here's a taste of what you really want." Perhaps he hasn't thought it through but I'd be really pissed if my girlfriend really wanted to snuggle up with anyone else including Bono. He shouldn't encourage this sort of "play". It's inappropriate for encouraging celebrity worship and thinking of him as something desirable on a romantic level, instead of just someone whose music fans like. It's not "down to earth at all."

Crap, it's NOT Bono's fault if people cannot behave. He's having a lot of people on stage every night, but 9 out of 10 know how to behave, and everyone is ok and having fun. It has nothing to do with "worship", more the opposite ... I don't see Bono forcing anyone to fall down on their knees and worship him on stage. He's trying to break the boundaries between the band on stage and the audience.

This girl's behaviour is embarrassing, not for Bono, but for herself. There has to be some respect for the guys. Being pulled up on stage doesn't mean that you can do whatever you want and the guy belongs to you. He's a married man after all. There is a big difference between dancing with someone and maybe hugging, and this kind of behaviour, there has to be a limit.

I understand that there is a risk if you have people up on stage and some of them behave like idiots, but I think he handled the situation well. There is a big difference between the girl's behaviour and his reaction. Other singers would have kicked her off stage.

Perhaps he hasn't thought it through but I'd be really pissed if my girlfriend really wanted to snuggle up with anyone else including Bono.

Really? You'll probably be get very unhappy then, this is a normal fantasy (dancing or talking with a celebrity) for almost everybody, men and women alike, and does nothing wrong if your mate knows you and has confidance in your relation.

My opinion about the situation in this vid is that Bono made a mistake, he shouldn't have pulled the girl on stage at that song, he obviously didn't realize how drunk, high or whatever she was and wanted to be nice to her, but she is the only to be blamed of her behaviour, and I don't think being married or not has anything to do with this, the fact is that he is a human being and he said "no", that's enough, that should be enough for anyone, respect for the other is the most important.

Psh, when is Larry not angry?

What's wrong with experiencing a fantasy? I'd love to have a little cuddle with Bono, onstage or off. That doesn't mean I'd be fantasizing about being his girlfriend, it just means I'd be enjoying his touch.

U2 (and perhaps especially Bono) treat their fans well because they know what it's like to be fans. If you're a fan of someone, you want to be near them, be noticed by them, talk to them. This represents itself in different ways. I'm a fan of certain elderly authors (the oldest of which is old enough to be my grandfather), and I'd certainly love to sit down and chat with him about his books. Is that celebrity worship?

When you're physically attracted to the celebrities in question (rather than just intellectually attracted), you want to be physically near them, to touch them and admire them. It's not necessarily sexual, and it's not necessarily a bad thing. I don't see anything wrong with Bono allowing it, because he knows he's not just making some girl's day, he's making her life. He's giving her a memory she'll be able to hold on to and look back on fondly for years and years.

And as for not wanting your girlfriend cuddling up to Bono? That's your business. Not all men would be bothered by it, and not all men are (I recall a photo of Bono holding a sign he'd plucked from the audience: 'Bono, please touch my wife!'), because these men understand they're allowing the woman they love to have a little extra thrill, and are not threatened by it. Cuddling up to Bono is not going to make a girl love her boyfriend/husband any less. And if the tables were turned and my boyfriend wanted to have a cuddle with Shakira or something... well fine. It's just a cuddle, it's not like he's running off and eloping.

Psh, when is Larry not angry?

What's wrong with experiencing a fantasy? I'd love to have a little cuddle with Bono, onstage or off. That doesn't mean I'd be fantasizing about being his girlfriend, it just means I'd be enjoying his touch.

U2 (and perhaps especially Bono) treat their fans well because they know what it's like to be fans. If you're a fan of someone, you want to be near them, be noticed by them, talk to them. This represents itself in different ways. I'm a fan of certain elderly authors (the oldest of which is old enough to be my grandfather), and I'd certainly love to sit down and chat with him about his books. Is that celebrity worship?

When you're physically attracted to the celebrities in question (rather than just intellectually attracted), you want to be physically near them, to touch them and admire them. It's not necessarily sexual, and it's not necessarily a bad thing. I don't see anything wrong with Bono allowing it, because he knows he's not just making some girl's day, he's making her life. He's giving her a memory she'll be able to hold on to and look back on fondly for years and years.

And as for not wanting your girlfriend cuddling up to Bono? That's your business. Not all men would be bothered by it, and not all men are (I recall a photo of Bono holding a sign he'd plucked from the audience: 'Bono, please touch my wife!'), because these men understand they're allowing the woman they love to have a little extra thrill, and are not threatened by it. Cuddling up to Bono is not going to make a girl love her boyfriend/husband any less. And if the tables were turned and my boyfriend wanted to have a cuddle with Shakira or something... well fine. It's just a cuddle, it's not like he's running off and eloping.

:yes: :up:

Larry clearly wanted to laugh. Unfortunately, the technology for audio-animatronic characters had not yet reached that level of sophistication. Maybe on the next tour.

But what if it was Christ Carter?

Seriously... what an overreaction, it's a rock show, it's all about fantasy, nothing is suppose to be down to earth at a rock show!!! You sound a little insecure if you'd be upset your girlfriend danced with another guy.

It looks like her right hand went a bit south of the border toward the beginning. You can see Bono pull her arms back up and clip them around his waist with his elbows. Toward the end, I think it's pretty clear that she's asking for a kiss.

I bet Adam was thinking "I'd do her"

I love this thread - thanks for the memories. :sexywink:

I remember seeing this clip during the Vertigo Tour and I really was more interested in Larry's expression than Bono's.

I bet he told Bono offstage "I could have told you so !" :wink:

She was probably a drunken horney skank anyway, rubbing herself and her hands all over him. Yuck.

nice. drunk horny hot skanks :drool:

Agreed, plus she was pretty hot for a skank.

Okay, not that I'm going to condone what the girl did, since the video depicts some inappropriate behavior...but don't you think you're being a little harsh? Yeah, maybe she was drunk, maybe she was over-excited, maybe both...but do you really need to label her as a skank based on one occasion of poor judgement? :shrug:

I bet Adam was thinking "I'd do her"

No Adam was thinking "Hey!!! I did her last night":applaud:

Comments like that really aren't appropriate.

FYI i wasn't being harsh towards the girl -i just thought it was harsh and unfair to call her a "horny skank" so i threw the 'hot' and drooly smile on there to show my appreciation for hot girls groping :drool:

:wink:

Back
Top Bottom