What ever happened to those 'disease' rumors?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Autumn454

War Child
Does anybody remember last year during the tour when there were rumors going around about why Bono was so depressed when he wrote some of the ATYCLB songs? There were rumors he was dying, or had a disease that would leave him blind and unable to speak in two years? Well, if that was since he made ATYCLB, I think it's safe to say, he can still see and talk and he's still alive, so they are now officially bullshit, right? Nothing to worry about?

Maybe it was his Da being sick that made him write some of them, and it was ironic so many of the songs on ATYCLB became associated with death- his father, Joey Ramone, Hutchense(though that was written about him we know) George Harrison, the Dutch artist dude, and- Sept. 11. I think that will give ATYCLB an even greater legacy in the future than it would have for just being a great album.

------------------
~Burned by the fire of love~

Bono does have an allergy to red wine that causes some problems with his vision and his voice. But I don't think that's a disease.

That's probably where the rumors came from, then just got out of hand, like everything else in the media. But I do wish he would't drink it, if it's bad for his eyes and voice. I heard it made his eyes turn red, but if it affects his sight, that's scary. I hope he gives it up. There are other things to drink.
frown.gif

------------------

Yeah, one can only hope he'll shape up and take the advice of the docs. From the sounds of some of those interviews, he can be a bit of a naughty brat and cheat on that stuff. Good thing he has Edge around to whip him into shape.
biggrin.gif

Yes, I do hope Edge will be a good influence on him, and Ali and the kids. I don't like to hear about him lying face down in public restrooms like some bum, as he did at that Grammy party. Ooh all the things he could catch there, gross. He's too good for that, and too important. I hope he'll stop and not just do it to be "cool" like some misguided teenage boy. It's bad for him and he should stop for himself, all his friends and family and his fans. Sorry to lecture, but I'm worried about him.

------------------

I wasn't a big fan of red wine till I travelled in Italy. They make some pretty nice stuff over there. yum!

Originally posted by U2Bama:
...and merlot is the worst.

Now all you need is to say that beer is better than a good wine.

About Bono disease, I think as usual...rumours

------------------
Please...don't make me say please, champagne and ice cream, it's not what I want, it's what I need.

Originally posted by U2Bama:
Beer is better than the best wine.

YOu said It!
Now that I`m the mood I`ll go have my Corona!
smile.gif

ABout the rumours: DOn`t U just love these people?!?!
Bono has the flu- OH MY GOD ,HE`S DYING OF ABOLA!
And what about that ugly rumour about his daugters getting sick from ANTHRAX?!

------------------
"And there`s no mountain to high ,no river to wide. Sing out this song and I`ll be there by your side.Storm clouds may gather and storms may colide...
I love you untill the end of time.
Come what may! I will love you until my dying day!"

MOULIN ROUGE

I remember a lot of people believing that stupid rumor. I couldn't understand why, but a lot of U2 fans seem to lose grip with reality and the Internet......

oh, and I like the girly drinks : D

which reminds me of that Kids in the Hall episode, Revenge of the Girly drinker or whatever it was called. it was a classic.

People always like to believe the worst because gossip more interesting and fun than the truth. It's the same in real life, and it sucks.

About the disease, I thought Bono would be 'happy to go blind'
wink.gif
No of course not, I wonder if he ever heard about that rumor? He seems okay, maybe now they'll say he got a 'miracle cure.'

------------------
~"A little out of touch, little insane, just easier than dealin' with the pain!" ~Soul Asylum, "Runaway Train"

[This message has been edited by *Stormy* (edited 04-12-2002).]

I think the disease rumors about Bono were actually really about Bobby Hewson. I remember reading something in Rolling Stone when ATYCLB came out where Bono was going through some personal stuff and didn't really want to discuss it, then of course later we found out that Bobby was dying.

------------------
Don't take offense
Better make amends
Rip it all to shreds and let it go

Back
Top Bottom