What does Bono Recite?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Justin24

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
In the best superbowl half time show ever!! Before he sings Where the Streets Have no name, what does Bono Recite?

It's a translation of Psalm 116:

What can I give back to God for the blessings he's poured out on me? I'll lift high the cup of salvation -- A toast to God! I'll pray in the name of God; I'll complete what I promised God I'd do, And I'll do it together with his people.

Bono only breaks from that translation near the end where he says something like "follow through on a promise that I made to you"?

Justin I agree with you 200%. Best half time show eva! I just watched it on youtube again. Its chilling.

this is what he says:

Oh Lord, open my lips
So I might show forth thy praise
Oh Lord, open my lips
So I might show forth thy praise
This
America

Oops. I must have been thinking about the NBA All Star half time show...which was the broadcast out of Boston that was on the DVD. The speech for that concert is the Psalm 116 one....

Haha. Both versions are incredible though. Too bad we didnt get a similar intro this tour, as the Mandela's Africa to Dr. King's America didnt really do it for me because of the timing.

He actually says:

O Lord, open my lips;
so my mouth show forth thy praise.

Which is almost literally Psalm 51:15 (KJV)

Actually, he says "Will the owner of a black chrysler, with vanity plate GANGSTA8, please go to the main lobby...you left yer lights on...THIS IS THE EDGE!!!"

Back
Top Bottom