What do u reckon - When 'Streets' is played live.........

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mad1

ONE love, blood, life
Angie Jolie lover from Belfast Norn Ireland. I LO
......would u reckon or agree that maybe/possibly/ or for sure, that 'Streets' creates the most emotional intensity in the crowd, that it creates the most excitement and rush, it creates the most power all round the place, that it creates the most cheer......that basically it creates the most euphoria?

what do u think?

Cause personally, I believe it does...:up:

:)

Last edited:
mad1 said:
......would u reckon or agree that maybe/possibly/ or for sure, that 'Streets' creates the most emotional intensity in the crowd, that it creates the most excitement and rush, it creates the most power all round the place, that it creates the most cheer......that basically it creates the most euphoria?

what do u think?

Cause personally, I believe it does...:up:

:)

Definitely. In all the concerts i've been to, Streets has (without a doubt) been the hight point of the concert -- insofar as having the most people making the most noise. While Streets is not one of my favorite U2 songs, it is the song I look forward to most in concert -- there's an unbelievable power to the introduction of that song live that *always* gives me a chill. . . and a smile. :)

I love the way the lights go up, and if you're in the heart, you can turn around and see all those people in the stands going crazy. sigh.... I miss U2. :sad:

meegannie said:
I love the way the lights go up, and if you're in the heart, you can turn around and see all those people in the stands going crazy. sigh.... I miss U2. :sad:

That very example is the strongest memory I have of my one show in the heart. Turning around, and seeing 17,000 all getting off on the same song...It's something I'll never forget...

meegannie said:

I miss my Elevation shows!!!

sulawesigirl4 said:

I miss my Elevation shows!!!

Me too :scream: U2 live is, by far, the best experience I've ever had.

Anyway..

I think WTSHNN is probably the high point of the concert for most fans, but personally.. I get more excited when they play a special song that isn't played often, or perform a song I really love particularly well, etc. etc. Some concerts, WTSHNN *was* the high point, and at other concerts, for example, All I Want Is You was a the highest point for me.. when you are at the tip of the heart, and Bono is 3 feet away from you singing a song that you really love, and singing it so passionately and well..

:D

lol, I don't know where I'm going with this.. I probably don't make any sense.

It seems like they put Streets in the middle of the set list ... it kind of gets you pumped up and energized for the second half of the show.

Mrs.Clayton said:

That very example is the strongest memory I have of my one show in the heart. Turning around, and seeing 17,000 all getting off on the same song...It's something I'll never forget...

Aaaaaah!!!

*sigh*

*eLeVaTiOn fUzZiEs*

Yes, Streets does create the most euphoria.:yes:

Mrs.Clayton said:

It's amazing to see everyone go crazy when Edge starts playing the opening notes to Streets. *U2 fuzzies* It's also great to hear 20,000 people singing "in the name of love...." during Pride- I love how even the people in the nosebleed seats really get into the show.

The Wanderer said:
no, I think this aspect of the U2 show has long been overrated by fans here, the live version isn't even as good as the album version

Yeah...That's what I would say too...:|

Not that it doesn't sound FABULOUS live, but it's not my favorite part of the show or anything. :cool:

The Wanderer said:
no, I think this aspect of the U2 show has long been overrated by fans here, the live version isn't even as good as the album version

Suuuure! :p

Now what makes the live version so great is the transitions with the other songs... Please, Running To Stand Still, or Bad. When that tangle of noise after RTSS on ZooTV gives way to the beauty of Streets, it's fuckin beautiful!

If you wanna enjoy the studio version more, that's your perogative. But to me, Streets live at any show is one of those moments that defines what U2 can do, and what they're all about. Euphoria is a good word for it. Last night I was studying for math :)barf:) while listening to Zoo Europa, and when the beginning of streets came on, I actually stood up and raised my arms in the air. I felt a bit goofy, but I just couldn't help it.

I also like the songs they always play before it... note, what do Please, Bad, and Running to Stand Still have in common? They are all kinda sad songs about drugs/depression/hopelessness... and when u2 brings in those crystalline strings and the red screen, it just lifts you up out of that, it's incredibly healing.

I remember a really interesting thread from a while ago (last october or something?) about the meaning of WTSHNN, and how the streets with no name possibly don't have anything at all to do with the song. Wish I could dig that up.

So yeah. I think Streets is pretty damn amazing. It's not always the high point of every concert, and sometimes we might get a little sick of it or bored with it, but it has a peculiar magic to it that's just undeniable. It transcends. It goes beyond.

I truly think it is one of the defining moments in music (and especially live music), not to mention U2.

that's fine SkeeK, but I always prefer listening to the song leading in, Edge doesn't get the same sound he has on the studio version, it's a let down for me, don't try to convince my ears otherwise

Back
Top Bottom